ForumsNews and Feedback[Answered] We need to stop the mature content ads

9 6584
Marioalex
Marioalex
7 posts
Bard

There are kids playing here too!
I saw lately many ads with mature content (specifically sexual themes).
It's really troublesome, especially if your parents see it and take it too serious.
Could an ad control be possible?

• 9 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Marioalex Which ads? We need specifics, then we can look into them. Remember, that sometimes ads are "heat-seeking", which means they are following you from other websites people have looked at on your computer.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

I don't mean to butt in, but adding on to this, advertisers usually show ads that might interest you based on your browsing and search history. For example, lately I've been researching on vintage Nissans, so most of the ads that I've been seeing lately have been car-related.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@Ferret

I think most of the ads he's talking about are the MMO game ones... I've seen those too and some are pretty sexual xD I know they aren't from my history since I've never been to an MMO site, in plus all my history ads are like hockey and baseball crap.

Marioalex
Marioalex
7 posts
Bard

@xXxDAPRO89xXx
Not MMO ads, though i agree with you.
@Ferret
Mostly they were from Ali Express (my father visited the site to check for a smartphone).
I've done a full clear to the browser, and they disappeared, so probably they are "heat-seeking"?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Marioalex I looked into the website you referred to and your experience with sexual themed ad content is indeed -as expected- not something Armor Games can help you with or be held accounted for... the ads are indeed 'heat seekers' (for lack of a better term) and are shown to you based on your search/surfing history, which is used by Google or another advertising company to try and steer you towards similar content of the kind recently visited on that computer. The website in question has some sections that offer undergarments and other stuff for adults, which is probably what was showing up in the form of an advertisement...

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Do what I do and use a different browser for your Internet surfing, that way, you'll only get game related ads. I use Firefox for my normal browsing and Chrome for AG only.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

No need to stirr things up again about a conversation that was already held on several occasions at several times here... he clearly explained it was not about MMO advertisements in his second post, ok?

Marioalex
Marioalex
7 posts
Bard

@MrDayCee
Well, I've cleaned the browser and they disappeared, so I think i'll be fine.
Thanks for explaining.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Allright @Marioalex, that's good to hear. I will lock the thread then.

If you should have any problems in the future, please be sure to notify us again, ok?

Showing 1-9 of 9