ForumsProgramming ForumJS, HTML, PHP for Project with Games

1 8090
ArmorDraw
ArmorDraw
2 posts
Nomad

Hey all!

A bunch of us have been putting together a web-based drawing app with games, ******s, and blackjack. In a nutshell, users connect in real-time to draw or chat on a sort of interactive whiteboard. Plenty of these are made in Flash, but we are determined to build it in HTML5 (and JavaScript); a site that immediately works on mobile (because it's not Flash), tailors to everybody from drawing tablet users to people who want to screw around, chat and play games — and with an awesome, modern look that other apps lack. The thing that works so well is these kinds of programs give you a lot of freedom of expression that I think by making more accessible we can popularize, and truly get a future-proof, lasting community going.

Current drawing apps aren't too popular as they're not accessible to the host of many devices people use, chatting's not versatile or user-friendly enough to compete with chat sites, and their designs look god-awful like it's still the 90's. Also they've got no games. So with what we're after, there's insane potential in this project.

http://i.imgur.com/ZBz9gQi.png

This is the interface. I hope it gives you some sense of what we're aspiring for. It's predominantly HTML, CSS, and JS with server-client communication in HTML5's WebSockets, and some points in PHP. If you're good with any of these, message me here, Skype drawplanet or email form@drawplanet.net. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions. And if you're critical of anything, nothing's set in stone. It's very much a by the community, for the community type of project.

Also on the hunt for people good with P2P networking, node.js, SQL, or server management. And Photoshop and vector icons.http://i.imgur.com/k9dP6JN.png

• 1 Reply
ArmorDraw
ArmorDraw
2 posts
Nomad

There's 7 devs on board at the moment, though we're looking for a little more expertise in some JavaScript frameworks, particularly Meteor. A lot of JS goes into developing the tools. PHP's mainly account integration and forum features. And while data's handled with WebSockets, we're also looking to do WebRTC and for incompatibility switch to WebSockets. Data management otherwise in SQL, and MongoDB or Redis.

In design there's a separate UI for mobile, and for anybody good with Photoshop or vector graphics there's some cool stuff we're keen to create.

Hit me up a message.

Showing 1-1 of 1