ForumsForum GamesSingle Minded Remake RPG Discussion

24 8885
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hello Forum Gamers. So I think maybe a few of you remember my two RPGs, Single Minded and Single Minded 2: The Son.

For those who don't know about my SM RPGs. They're mostly about being a criminal and having awesome powers in a free roam RPG where you can do almost anything.

Instead of making a third game to the RPG, I thought of remaking the first one, from the ground up. Since there's a new dice and coin system, which wasn't in the past when I made the originals, I can finally have a great combat system(and this time players will actually get hurt).

So let's get to the changes I've been thinking about.

Changes

Combat

One of the changes is obviously the combat system, in the last games I hardly did anything special or specific. I mostly did, boom dead, boom dead, etc. This time I'm thinking of using a 1d6 for the combat system. 1 being a miss and 6 being the highest damage.

Leveling:

I'm also thinking of adding a level up system to powers, where the higher level your power is, the more damage you can do. For example, if you're level 1 with fire manipulation, it will be 1 times the number you rolled with the dice. So if you're level 2 and you roll a 6, you do 12 damage.

Powers:

This idea was given to me by @MattEmAngel, he thought that instead of having a user choose their two powers, they could choose two from a list of powers. This way it could avoid players from being too overpowered. I will show the list I have so far, if there is a power you want to be added ask me.

I will also still have the chip finding thing so players will still be able to have more powers.

Year

This isn't really an important change, but I'm changing the year from around 3000 to around 2100. I'll also make it not as technologically advanced. We'll still have the modern vehicles and weapons with some slight differences.

Power list

Here are the powers so far. If you want a power added to the list, then suggest one.

Fire Manipulation
Earth Manipulation
Water Manipulation
Plant Manipulation
Weather Manipulation
Animal Manipulation
Teleporting(It will teleport longer distances each time it levels up. It's also a good defense in combat)
Speed
Telekinesis
Mind control(The higher the level, the longer the person stays mind controlled Ex: Level 1 is control for 1 turn, etc)
Super strength
Shadow manipulation
Animal Instincts(Sight, hearing, reacting, etc are that of an animal's)
Intangibility(able to pass through matter)
Invisibility
Gravity manipulation
Technology Manipulation
Friction Manipulation(Can control the friction of your body, can basically slide to unlimited distances.
Weapon Proficiency(can change a weapon. Changing a weapon will take up a turn.)
Sanity Manipulation

I have other power ideas but they're being saved for microchips.

Beginning Selection

In a story there is a beginning. You will be able to choose how your story will begin from a list. If you want to suggest a beginning, ask.

1. You've lost someone and you're going to save them, no matter what the cost.
2. You're an ex-soldier, betrayed by the military and left to die. All you want is revenge on the person who set you up.
3. You're an average person living a normal life, when you accidentally discover you have powers. Now you're being hunted, and you want to know why (although that isn't particularly criminal).
4. You're a long-time gang member and you just a threat from someone from another gang (or a threat from the gang). Time to take action.
5. You're a career thief/hacker/assassin/etc and you're just been offered the deal of a lifetime from an anonymous person.
6. You're a new prisoner, being sentenced for an amount of time in prison. No one has escaped this prison, but you're about to change that.

So what do you think? What do you think should be changed?

• 24 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

And I just realized this is in the video games section instead of the forum games. Whoops.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Ideas for powers (Don't need to add any of these; some of them of are rather outlandish):
Intangibility.
Invisibility.
Being able to eliminate friction between the body and surfaces.
Control over gravity.
Mind control of electronics and computers.
Superhuman ability to invent (Like this guy)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Being able to eliminate friction between the body and surfaces.

What do you mean by this? Like if I touch a wall, I won't be able to feel it?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Moving this to the FG forum for you @R2D21999...

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@R2D21999 Like being able to slide an unlimited distance.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Ok. By the way I added some of the powers suggested.

So does the list look good? Do you any of you have other suggestions?

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

I don't have any ideas, but I would really like to play it, it seems very cool.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Shadow form You can phase through walls and attacks go through you. (To make up for this being OP you cannot attack while in this state and you can't turn real while in a certain radius of an enemy this can get shorter as it levels.)

Edit: Didn't see intangibility it's a little bit different but maybe add some stuff in shadow form into it?

Weapon powers You can make your weapons do cool things like catch fire or shock things you start out with just 1 or 2 (chosen by you) and as it levels you gain more.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Shadow form You can phase through walls and attacks go through you.

As you said, intangibility is really the same thing. And I'm not going to add it as a thing for Shadow Manipulation either because what would be the point of intangibility.

Weapon powers You can make your weapons do cool things

That's really the same thing as Superhuman Inventing as well. Plus I'm not going to let players start off with a weapon immediately unless they kill someone or steal it.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I suggest other microchip-type powers to have no upgrade

Well, the real reason for leveling up is for damaging purposes or other. If you think of a power that might not need leveling up you can tell me.

I'm also thinking of having some kind of upgrade tree type thing with the powers as well.

Every time it is used successfully it gets a tally.

That's how I plan on doing it, but I'm going to do it kind of like... Pokemon as an example. Where you have to kill the enemy completely, or defeat it in battle.

Also, add a weapon proficiency power in there.

I'll add it, but do you think it should replace superhuman inventing?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

How about Psychic Manipulation, like being able to manipulate your opponents thoughts to terrify them or to (on higher levels, of course) make them fight their allies or go kamikaze.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Yes. I don't like the idea of a person "not being smart enough" to craft or do things.

Ok, but I'm not going to have it where you immediately start out with a weapon.

How about Psychic Manipulation, like being able to manipulate your opponents thoughts to terrify them or to (on higher levels, of course) make them fight their allies or go kamikaze.

I'll take it, but I'm going to change it to Sanity Manipulation so nobody gets confused with telekinesis.

By the way, in the second Single Minded, I had people choose how they started. Would you guys want me to continue that?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Hm, its agood question r2d2.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Hmm.. a list, eh? Kind of like the power thing. Alright, I'll do that. A list will be in the OP. If you guys have suggestions for it, feel free.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

You must complete this forum so I can play from the beginning and get whats going on.

Showing 1-15 of 24