ForumsForum GamesSwirl (Enter the madness)

10 3645
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

An idea I had for something called "Trickster's Dungeon" Can't do much with it, So I'm making this.
Simple game simple rules.
Make your character,
Character creation is mostly for visualization purposes as this is a puzzle/text adventure.
Character name, a few details (age, race, gender)
A short Bio (Whatever you feel like, try to get us invested in the character.)
and whatever they are most scared of (preferably what your most scared of)
Now the objective is to solve puzzles that I, The Trickster have created in my book "The Swirl"
I, The Trickster am a forgotten mad god of a forgotten church.
I was sealed in the book as the final act Mortourum the god of man and order. I was punished for sealing my brothers in the book.
Alas watching the many fools make greater fools of themselves in attempting to carve out a home for themselves has grown a stale practice and now I wish to bring in the greatest object of my fancy, Humans.
You must solve the puzzles I place you in.
To start You will all begin in an identical room but beyond that all situations shall become custom tailored to your character.

You awake to find yourself in a concrete room, there is a locked door in your way.On the ground you see a bottle of whiskey with a key in it. On the wall oposite the door the is a human head and an X-ray showing a key inside a skull.
what do you do?

• 10 Replies
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Name: Eliakith
Bio: a dark Mage, looking for new spells to conjure inside this book. Nobody knows his true face, for it hides under a royal purple robe.

I proceed to drink the whiskey, and use the bottle to smash the skull open.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Eliakith chugs the whiskey like a boss (because he's cool like that) and retrieves the key from inside, but because he's a little rebel he succesfully busts open the head using the bottle and retrieves the key from the gooey, gooey insides, his hand is now covered in goo. In doesn't actually affect anything, but it's super annoying. What do you do?

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I wipe my hand on the floor, and proceed to test the whiskey key on the door.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Eliakith puts the key in the hole and it the lock breaks off the door, it kinda sucks that you didn't need a key but whatever, atleast the door is open. You step out of the room into a long hallway and you can hear someone (or something) aproaching. The way your day has been going it's probably gonna kill you, but on the other hand you might get cake, then again the cake might be poisoned. Anyway the point is, do you try to run away or stick around to see if there's cake?

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I quietly and slow step back. I make as little noise as possible, make myself as concealed as possible, and sniff to see if my hand reeks of the goop.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Eliakith's hand smells nasty and a clown with a cake passes by the door, he was holding a knife but you don't know if it was for cake cutting or murdering so you write it off as a wash. You go out the way he came in and enter an underground shantytown filled by identical men all named Gary. Do you talk to Gary, Gary, Gary, Gary, Gary, Gary's dog, a painted wall, or yourself?

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

"Attention all Garys! You have all been assigned to the room down the hall. Enter or die!"

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Eliakith tells the Garys that they were assigned to the room down the hall, he puncuates his sentence with the phrase. Apparently the universe accepts his word as law as they refuse and die on the spot. Gary's dog is then adopted by the wall and the wall is so happy it opens and you find a large claymore, a Masamune katana, a slot machine, a deck of playing cards, a deck of tarrot cards, a thing of dice, a treasure chest, a gold medallion, and a purple fedora. What do you do?

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I use the tarrot cards to determine what will happen if I use the slot machine. I put the purple fedora on, stick the medallion in my pocket, Toss the playing cards to the dog, cut the dog in half with the katana, use the claymore to blow up the wall, put the slot machine in the treasure chest, roll the dice into the treasure chest as well, and then cast a spell to make the chest levitate and follow me.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Hello?

Showing 1-10 of 10