ForumsGamesAG is lagging behind hosted games

1 2407
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

There was a time when AG was always the first to host new games. Nowadays, they are one of the last. New flash-games such as Newspaper Boy Saga which came out like 3 weeks ago have to be online for like 6 months before they make it to AG.

Why is there so much of lag from the time a game comes online until the time it finally gets to AG?

• 1 Reply
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

There are a lot of different reasons why some games come out earlier on some sites than others. It basically boils down the the game developer's preferences and decisions.

So some devs have a preferred site that they will release a game on. When this happens, they usually work though and fix initial bugs and then release the newer versions to other sites. That way they don't have to keep track of which version each gaming site has.

There are also some developers that like to exclusively work with a particular gaming site, I'm not sure what goes on in the background here, but let me kick you a scenario.

Suppose a well-established developer decided to release a game on a site. What that site may do is to say, "Listen, we want to be the only site hosting this game for a while." That way, anyone who wants to play the game will have to go to site X. In return, maybe the site gives the dev a little 'kickback' (extra money) for doing this. So it's a win-win (at least for that site and for that developer).

It's also worth noting that AG has a very nice quality testing procedure for game submissions. We don't want a bunch of garbage games (I call them troll games because they're so bad) like, say, Kongregate has. I don't know much about the process or how long it takes, but it may be that a developer wants to release a higher quality game to AG since our standards are higher. So they release on another site, get the bugs fixed, and the release the updated version on AG.

I'm sure there's a lot more going on in the background that I have no idea about. But these are at least some possible explanations for the delay you're talking about.

Showing 1-1 of 1