ForumsGamesHerobrine real? or fake?

23 6020
awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

I don't know idle he's real, but once I thought I saw him in my world in the desert a way off. Then this one time where my house stared to burn and I went outside and saw him under a tree in the winter forest. When I went to investigate the spot, he was gone and that's the last time I saw him.

• 23 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

who actually found him in the first place?

Creepypasta created it. Along with other fake things like Slender Man, Eyeless Jack, The Rake, Sonic.exe, Ben Drowned, and many more.

So nobody 'found' Herobrine. Mostly because he doesn't exist.

Scarlet53
Scarlet53
167 posts
Shepherd

What I meant is, who started all the fake stories of him?

awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

[quote]What I mean is, who started all the fake stories of him?
Probably someone who wanted attention.

ThunderCam777
ThunderCam777
157 posts
Scribe

Basically, some guy (prob creepypasta) created Herobrine. Then stories spread 'round the Minecraft community, and then some coder created a mod that had Herobrine in it. The legend evolved from there, and Herobrine became known to 98% of the Minecraft community. If you'll notice, at every MAJOR game update, (such as 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8... NOT like 1.7.2, 1.7.4, 1.7.9, etc.) It says "Herobrine removed." Notch did this as a joke. Herobrine never truly existed, but his legend still runs in the Minecraft community. And that explains the story of Herobrine. And.. I'm out.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Think about how easy it would be to fake herobrine. Go to a private server with a friend, have a friend change his skin, turn off names and voila! Spooky herobrine sighting.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

Creepypasta created it. Along with other fake things like Slender Man, Eyeless Jack, The Rake, Sonic.exe, Ben Drowned, and many more.

Wait, Slenderman is creepy pasta? Wow, I thought it was inspired from a real event. Also, I googled Sonic.exe. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS IT?! THE RESULTS WERE CREEPY AS HELL!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Slender man was a creepypasta created for a Photoshop contest and the creator got the idea from a German spook story

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Then Why is he on the internet in the first place??

It's called a creepypasta. Those are creepy stories made up by people to scare you. Not real.

Showing 16-23 of 23