ForumsGamesWhat's with Five nights at Freddies?

17 4489
awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

Lots of people have wondered and asked what the heck is up with those animal electronics and the children that were murdered from that first restaurant. Well I'm one of those people and I want to know if you know the true story of the game.
Here's what I know from playing it. The animal electronics are possessed by...I think children? And I mean I was just watching this on YouTube and I can just say that it's just really sad....so if anyone knows tell me!!!

• 17 Replies
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

This game is deliberately mysterious in many parts of its story. The developer, Scott Cawthon has only left hints about what has really happened, like the hinting of paranormal activity in the restaurant. He even refused to explain golden freddy.
What is known for sure is that ***SPOILER ALERT!***
The purple guy is the children murderer. A lot of years after the murders, he returned to the restaurant to dismantle the animatronics, but the ghosts of the dead children terrified him so he tried to hide. He jumped into Springtrap, but the springlocks inside the animatronic failed due to his sudden movements and laughs and he was relentlessly crushed.
It is hinted that his vengeful spirit now haunts Springtrap, which would explain the animatronics aggressive, human like behavior.
***SPOILERS END HERE***
So, this games has (as greatly stated by SmoshGames honest trailer) "inspired more half-baked fan theories than inception" Pretty much everything else is speculation.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

Wait, this restaurant really exists?! Where is it exactly?

awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

I don't think it actually exists gobotank

Scarlet53
Scarlet53
167 posts
Shepherd

That game really freaks me out

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I don't think it actually exists gobotank

Yes it does.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/827/617/d19.jpg

Scarlet53
Scarlet53
167 posts
Shepherd

@Mattemangel thanks for the tip.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Real talk the first game was great. Interesting and original design as well as an innovative system for the horror genre.

Then he made a 2nd (and now a 3rd) and the games are now confirmed to all be terrible.

awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

@pangtongshu their only terrible because it's a sad story. I mean children were killed by something...or someone...who then died too. They are good but it's only that part that makes it terrible.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

No they are terrible because the games are doing nothing to improve the gameplay (hint: HE'S DOING IT FOR MONEY THE END L O L)
The story is just a poor excuse to give a reason to keep grubbing for money.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Woah Pang, your game trolling almost affected me there for a second. My trigger finger almost twitched

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Frank I know your a fanboy but I expect better from you :/

SniperBullet
SniperBullet
40 posts
Peasant

pangtongshu I have to agree with you there. I really don't understand why it's so popular. It seems to just get less scary each game and the third felt so rushed. The game doesn't even need a story and it would be better off without one IMO.

Scarlet53
Scarlet53
167 posts
Shepherd

@SniperBullet I see your point and @pangtongshu I see yours.

awsomejazz123
awsomejazz123
346 posts
Scribe

I see what you mean

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

It was a clever, original idea, but not very scary once you begin to expect the jumpscares. Also, the new, different horror gameplay made people like it. That, and a ton of big youtubers were playing it, which is the first step to a game becoming popular. Then, they made a new game a few months later without changing the gameplay. (Mostly. Yes, I know they added easter eggs and new animitronics and such, but still) Then they made a new sequel a few more months later with, once again, not a lot changing. Sound familiar? That's what a lot of extremely popular franchises do to get a ton of money. Anyway, talk about the game will fade out after they make more of these sequels.

Showing 1-15 of 17