ForumsPopular MediaFormula One Season 2015.

36 19693
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Well here we are.
Mercedes is still way ahead of everyone else, Alonso left Ferrari for McLaren, Ferrari seems to be equal to Williams now and McLaren is last with Marussia who's not even running on this GP.

Poor Fernando got screwed once again.

Vettel is now with Ferrari, and Toro Rosso has two 12 yo drivers. xD
RedBull seems to be having reliability issues, otherwise I think we'll see a three team battle for 3rd place on the podium.

This should be a very interesting season if we forget about Mercedes being way ahead of the rest.

This year's calendar features 20 races so more fun for us.

• 36 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Wow, where to start?

Both Ferrari jumped Mercedes at the start, followed by both RedBull cars. Hamilton damaged his car then Rosberg suffers a flat tire and was barely able to make it to the pit. Hamilton gets a penalty and has to go to the pit again, Force India has a crash causing the safety car to deploy, ruining Vettel's huge lead, Hamilton end's up almost in last place for driving like a maniac and playing smash up derby then he comes back to 6th place behind Alonso who finished 5th!

Vettel wins, Kavyat finished 2nd and Ricciardo gets third place!

At one point Rosberg was 2nd and would have annihilated Hamilton's lead but he ended up 21 points behind instead. Both McLaren cars finished in the points.

If you haven't watched this race you have missed the most exciting one so far!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I couldn't agree more with you @SSTG!!!

How come everyone always complaints about these so-called 'Mickey Mouse' circuits, when they always turn out great!!! And you forgot an excellent 4th placw for Max Verstappen dude?!?! He almost got the same result like his father did back in 1994! Awesome race!!!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I've been following the F1 GP seriously since 1991 but I watched it on and off around 89.
I remember seeing the remnants (tower) of the Great Britain's pavilion from Expo 67 (World fair) along the race track on the Notre Dame Island circuit.

Anyway, I'm starting to see a pattern with Vettel, Rosberg and Hamilton.
It reminds me of Michael Schumacher, David Coulthard and Damon Hill.

Back then, the William team was the fastest by far but Benetton was slowly catching up to them because of Schumacher's amazing drive.
He always managed to pass Coulthard and tried to catch up to Hill.

Vettel seems to have Rosberg's number but he can't quite catch up to Hamilton yet.

Are we going to see a repeat of the early to middle 90's?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

What happened at the Singapore GP?

Vettel wins, Ricciardo finished 2nd and Raikkonen 3rd.

Hamilton had a DNF and Rosberg finished 6th.

Vettel is now 8 points behind Rosberg for second place in the drivers championship.

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

I used to like F1 but now it's just not interesting. Mercedes are clearly going to win constructors and singapore was the exception rather than the rule as far as Hamilton and Rosberg are concerned. :/

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I used to like F1 but now it's just not interesting. Mercedes are clearly going to win constructors and Singapore was the exception rather than the rule as far as Hamilton and Rosberg are concerned. :/

I agree with you but I'm still watching it, hoping it'll get better eventually.
Showing 31-36 of 36