ForumsForum GamesSingle Minded Remake (Criminal RPG)

471 122225
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

In 2115, a group of scientists got together to create superpowers for the world. They created these superpowers in the form of chips, which could be injected into a person's body and they could do anything from shooting fire, to lifting boulders the size of trucks. However despite the scientists being straight A students, they thought it was a good idea to ship them on trucks and give them away. Oh how wrong they were.

---

An armored truck drives down the highway towards Topeka, Kansas with two people in front, a driver and a passenger. Both of them have pistols, the passenger cradles a shotgun in his hands.

"We're almost there." Sighs the driver. "Finally."

The passenger chuckles. "Once we get to Topeka, first thing we do when we're finished unloading is to relax in a hotel room."

"I'll definitely agree to that." Smiles the driver.

Two miles down the road, the low tire pressure light pops up on the dashboard and the truck slows to a stop.

"I'll go and check the problem." Groans the driver.

The driver checks the front tires, then as he gets to the back tires, he notices the passenger side tire to be flat. What's even more noticeable is that a round hole on the side of the tire goes straight through and into the other back tire.

The driver inspects the hole. "What made this?"

Footsteps are suddenly heard behind him, he turns around for a brief second before he gets shot between the shoulder blades.

The passenger in the truck hears the gunshot and comes out to see a person in an exosuit, holding a pistol in hand. The exosuit's U shaped visor glows a brilliant green. On it's back is a sheathed katana and what seems to be a jet pack. There's a camera lens inside the forehead of the helmet.

The passenger immediately fires the shotgun which prooves to be ineffective as the exosuited person quickly rolls under the truck. The passenger looks under the truck, seeing nothing, but is stabbed in the back with the katana moments later as the mysterious robot person jumps from the top of the truck.

The passenger coughs blood, his shotgun drops from his hands. He then falls to the ground, staring at his murderer as the life drains from his eyes.

The exoskeleton person then goes over to the back of the truck and opens it, revealing shelves of power chips.

The next day, news crews are surrounding the truck, nothing but the dead bodies of the driver and victim were found. The shelves had been stripped of their chips.

35 years later...
---

Welcome to the remake of Single Minded! The year you will be placed in is 2140, it'll be a bit advanced technology wise but not too advanced to the point we all have hover cars or anything like that.

In Single Minded you are criminal, for whatever reason is decided by you. Your objective is to kill the one that causes you trouble. Whoever that is, will be a mystery until a certain point in the game.

This game is also a free-roam RPG on Earth, where the things you can do are endless. You could also meet other players in the game.

When in combat, you will use a 1d6. Damage is decided on the roll times your power's level.

Rules

With a game like this, there are some rules to come with it.

1. Don't be a jerk to other players or me.
2. Don't change things in your character sheet unless I forget to add something.
3. Don't argue with me if something doesn't go your way.

Character Sheet:

Name: (anything you want)
Bio: (Your character's story) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
-----
Power 1: (Level 1)
Power 2: (Level 1)
-----
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing: N/A
Inventory: N/A
Allies: N/A

List of powers

Fire Manipulation (Control fire, immune to fire)
Earth Manipulation (Control earth, dirt, rocks, etc)
Water Manipulation (Control water, can breathe underwater)
Plant Manipulation (Control plants)
Weather Manipulation (Control the weather)
Ice Manipulation (Can freeze things, can also make it 'snow' from the body)
Animal Manipulation (Can control animals)
Teleporting (It will teleport longer distances each time it levels up. It's also a good defense in combat)
Speed: (Can run very fast)
Telekinesis (Can move things withthe mind)
Mind control(The higher the level, the longer the person stays mind controlled Ex: Level 1 is control for 1 turn, etc)
Super strength (Extremely strong)
Shadow manipulation (Controls shadows)
Animal Instincts(Sight, hearing, reacting, etc are that of an animal's)
Intangibility(able to pass through matter)
Invisibility (Cannot use other powers while invisible)
Gravity manipulation (Controls the flow of gravity)
Technology Manipulation (Controls technology)
Friction Manipulation(Can control the friction of your body, can basically slide to unlimited distances.)
Weapon Proficiency(can change a weapon. Changing a weapon will take up a turn. Weapon is more powerful each level up.)
Sanity Manipulation (Controls the emotions of people)

Choosing a Beginning

Choose from this list for a beginning. If you don't choose, I will roll for what you get.

1. You've lost someone and you're going to save them, no matter what the cost.
2. You're an ex-soldier, betrayed by the military and left to die. All you want is revenge on the person who set you up.
3. You're an average person living a normal life, when you accidentally discover you have powers. Now you're being hunted, and you want to know why (although that isn't particularly criminal).
4. You're a long-time gang member and you just a threat from someone from another gang (or a threat from the gang). Time to take action.
5. You're a career thief/hacker/assassin/etc and you're just been offered the deal of a lifetime from an anonymous person.
6. You're a new prisoner, being sentenced for an amount of time in prison. No one has escaped this prison, but you're about to change that.

Hope you guys have fun.

Also, if it seems that I'm getting slow at doing this RPG, smack me.

Players will be able to get a third power by random. They won't get it right away however.

Greg7077: Ball Projection

Trigon123: Crystallokinetic Constructs

Philip:Razor Foot

Nivlac724: Steel Mimicry

Gogotank has Abjuration

etg2002 has Psionic Combat

gringrant: Spiritual Blade Construction

Shoeminor: Support Powers

sasukemystery: Hydrokinetic Combat

• 471 Replies
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Name: 'Mike'
Bio: Something happened to me... A few months ago? or was it days? I honestly cannot remember. Not much more than... someone I hold dear, screaming for me... Shouts, Gunshots, Searing pain... then I woke up in this ****ed place, a name tag stating 'Mike' the only remnants of my past.. But I ain't going to sit here and take this ****. I'm busting out, and i'm going to learn what happened... By God I am going to.
Looks: Black hair, uncharacteristically white skin, Deep blue eyes, etc.
-----
Power 1: Fire Manipulation (Level 1)
Power 2: Shadow Manipulation (Level 1)
-----
-----
Clothing: N/A (Can I change my clothing?)

I choose 6, of course.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Name: Spider
Bio: Amnesiac
Looks: Slight, short, dark brown hair, pale skin, blue eyes, bespectacled.
-----
Power 1:Technology Manipulation (Level 1)
Power 2: Intangibility (Level 1)
-----
-----

I choose beginning number 5.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Something happened to me... A few months ago? or was it days? I honestly cannot remember. Not much more than... someone I hold dear, screaming for me... Shouts, Gunshots, Searing pain... then I woke up in this ****ed place, a name tag stating 'Mike' the only remnants of my past.. But I ain't going to sit here and take this ****. I'm busting out, and i'm going to learn what happened... By God I am going to.
-----
-----
-----

(sure)

You wake up on a prison bed, staring at the ceiling. You woke up from a bad dream of gunshots, pain, and screaming. At least you think it's a dream, you're not really sure anymore. You get up and notice you have a name tag that says, 'Mike'. Is that your real name? You have no idea.

You look around the prison cell. It seems to be the classic style of a prison, with it's hard cement floor, hard cement walls, and the bars on your door and window are made of metal. There's a toilet and sink in one corner of the room, and a mysterious red stain in another corner.

You look up as a guard with an LMG is patroling the hallway.
---

-----
-----
-----

You suddenly wake-up in an office chair, in front of you is a laptop with a guy's face on it. 'Who's that?' You wonder in your mind.

You look around the room, you seem to be in a hotel room. There's two good-sized beds, in front of them a tv. There's a balcony to your left that overlooks the skyline of Chicago. Near the main entrance is the bathroom.

"So do we have a deal?" Asks the man. You look closer at his face, he seems to be in his early 30s with a small goatee on his chin. His hair is an auburn color. You see a black collar, but that's all you see of his clothing.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

-----
-----
-----

So do I know i have me powers? I'd like to think I do, but just wondering incase.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Name: Matthias "Emma" Angel
Bio: Matt works as a freelance agent who steals and sells information, both physical and digital. In the criminal world, he is called "Emma" (a pronunciation of his first and last initial). It's a clever ploy: employers often assume their agent is a woman. The name is particularly useful when he doesn't have to leave his computer. His technological manipulation lets him sneak through the digital world, avoiding firewalls and security cameras with ease.

Matt only takes cash and uses it to buy what he needs, not what he wants, and when he isn't "working," he's living an honest, albeit deceptive, life as Matt Angel. He has always turned down assassinations and refuses to kill security, choosing to use choke holds, tasers and zip ties to remove threats.

Looks: Black hair and eyes. Caucasian. Wears a grey zipper hoodie and gray jeans when at home. On the job he adds black boots, black felt gloves and a large black canvas bag on one shoulder for equipment. He has a flashlight in a belt holster and for emergencies, he packs a taser in a leg holster.

Power 1: Technology Manipulation (Level 1)
Power 2: Weapon Proficiency (Level 1)
-----
-----

Bag:
-Lock pick set (1)
-Diamond-edge knife for glass cutting (1)
-Choke cable (1)
-Zip ties (10)
-Small laptop (1)
-Signal booster [increases laptop's WiFi range] (1)
-Flash drive (1)
-Taser power magazine [battery] (1)
-Pack of business cards [They only have "EMMA" printed on them. Left behind to prove he finished the job] (1)

You walk among the dark streets of Berlin, Germany. You usually don't take a job this faraway from home but when a job offers 15 million dollars, it's not something you can just turn down.

Among this street are two hotels facing each other, you take the hotel on your right and head directly for the receptionist in the main lobby.

"You have a reservation for Emma?" You ask.

"Let me check." The receptionist checks her computer. "Ah, yes. You have Room 34."

Room 34, just like the email said. You head upstairs and into your room. You immediately go to the phone and input the number that was also in the email.

"Ah, I see you're here." Answers the man on the side. You look across the street into the window of the other hotel. You see the silhouette of a man on a phone, standing at the window.

"So are you ready for the job opportunity of a lifetime? It's quite a doozy."
---

-----
-----
-----

Yes you know about the powers.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

-----
-----
-----

"Er... sure?" I say. "Anything else you want to tell me?"

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

-----
-----
-----

I would, if I can, make the room entirely dark and then yell for the guard to help a few times. If the guard was stupid enough to fall for this, when he walks into the shadows I would sneak behind him and grab him by the throat, trying to burn his insides with me flame, killing him quite painfully If this works, than I'll take his gun, any ammunition, and his radio, and walk out the cage.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Name: Nivlac
Bio: A master assassin who's only goal is to kill uses stealth and to destroy his enemies. He wants the chips for intangibility, super strength, sanity manipulation and teleporting and will stop at nothing to get them.
Looks: Black hair, light skin, brown eyes, slender build, tall.
-----
Power 1: Shadow manipulation (Level 1)
Power 2: Invisibility (Level 1)
-----
-----

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
-----

"Yeah. When you blackout the city, make sure you turn the power back on in 5 minutes." He says. "Remember, meet at the Lake Point Tower tonight at 1."
---

Bio: [See Page 1]

Looks: Black hair and eyes. Caucasian. Wears a grey zipper hoodie and gray jeans when at home. On the job he adds black boots, black felt gloves and a large black canvas bag on one shoulder for equipment. He has a flashlight in a belt holster and for emergencies he packs a taser in a leg holster.

-----
-----

"It's as secure as ever, doll." Chuckles the man. "Anyways, the job for you is that in 3 hours, Moritz Frith, Germany's president, will be cutting the ribbon for the new orphanage. I need you to kill him somehow, make it look like an accident. It sounds simple but every time I send someone to kill him, they don't come back." You see his silhouette leave from the window. "Hopefully you can succeed."
---

-----
-----
-----

You make the cell dark and immediately yell for help. The guard stops at the cell and checks out the pitch-black darkness. He stupidly sticks his gun in to see if it disappears inside or something.
---

Bio: A master assassin who's only goal is to kill uses stealth and to destroy his enemies. He wants the chips for intangibility, super strength, sanity manipulation and teleporting and will stop at nothing to get them.
-----
-----
-----

1d6=5

You relax in your office chair, ready to spring into action when someone calls for a deal.

Suddenly your phone rings and you pick it up. "Is this Mr. Nivlac?" Asks the person on the other end. "Well, if you are, I have an assassination job for you. Your reward is $600,000 if you accept." He clears his throat. "So do you?"

DICE RESULTS
5 = 1d6
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

-----
-----
-----

"OK" I say, and end the call. What the hell is going on? I decide to search room for anything that might be of use.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

-----
-----
-----

I accept his offer and ask for info on who I need to kill.

OOC: Whats the die roll for?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
-----
Inventory: Ipad, pistol, ice cream bar

You find an Ipad, a pistol, and an ice cream bar. Ohhh yummy!
---

-----
-----
-----

(OOC: You didn't pick a beginning, so I rolled for what you got.)

"You need to kill the mayor of Tallahassee." Says the guy on the other side. "I'm not going to explain why. So, are you in?"
---

Bio: [See Page 1]

Looks: Black hair and eyes. Caucasian. Wears a grey zipper hoodie and gray jeans when at home. On the job he adds black boots, black felt gloves and a large black canvas bag on one shoulder for equipment. He has a flashlight in a belt holster and for emergencies he packs a taser in a leg holster.

-----
-----

While looking around on your laptop, the lights in your hotel room suddenly go out. You see a dark gas seep out of the vents near the window, bed, and bathroom. You start coughing.

You have 1 turn to get out of the room or stop the gas before you're knocked out.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

-----
-----
-----

(OOC: I didn't? I was planning on picking 5 anyway guess I didn't type it.)

"I accept" I say. I turn invisible so I can't be seen and head to the mayors office.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

-----
-----
-----
Inventory: Ipad, pistol, ice cream bar

I boot up the iPad.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

-----
-----
-----

(When it says Fire Manipulation, does that mean I can create fire with my hands?)
If yes, then I'd grab the gun and drag it in and see if he follows. If not, then fck, lets do the same thing.

Showing 1-15 of 471