ForumsForum GamesSingle Minded Remake (Criminal RPG)

471 122614
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

In 2115, a group of scientists got together to create superpowers for the world. They created these superpowers in the form of chips, which could be injected into a person's body and they could do anything from shooting fire, to lifting boulders the size of trucks. However despite the scientists being straight A students, they thought it was a good idea to ship them on trucks and give them away. Oh how wrong they were.

---

An armored truck drives down the highway towards Topeka, Kansas with two people in front, a driver and a passenger. Both of them have pistols, the passenger cradles a shotgun in his hands.

"We're almost there." Sighs the driver. "Finally."

The passenger chuckles. "Once we get to Topeka, first thing we do when we're finished unloading is to relax in a hotel room."

"I'll definitely agree to that." Smiles the driver.

Two miles down the road, the low tire pressure light pops up on the dashboard and the truck slows to a stop.

"I'll go and check the problem." Groans the driver.

The driver checks the front tires, then as he gets to the back tires, he notices the passenger side tire to be flat. What's even more noticeable is that a round hole on the side of the tire goes straight through and into the other back tire.

The driver inspects the hole. "What made this?"

Footsteps are suddenly heard behind him, he turns around for a brief second before he gets shot between the shoulder blades.

The passenger in the truck hears the gunshot and comes out to see a person in an exosuit, holding a pistol in hand. The exosuit's U shaped visor glows a brilliant green. On it's back is a sheathed katana and what seems to be a jet pack. There's a camera lens inside the forehead of the helmet.

The passenger immediately fires the shotgun which prooves to be ineffective as the exosuited person quickly rolls under the truck. The passenger looks under the truck, seeing nothing, but is stabbed in the back with the katana moments later as the mysterious robot person jumps from the top of the truck.

The passenger coughs blood, his shotgun drops from his hands. He then falls to the ground, staring at his murderer as the life drains from his eyes.

The exoskeleton person then goes over to the back of the truck and opens it, revealing shelves of power chips.

The next day, news crews are surrounding the truck, nothing but the dead bodies of the driver and victim were found. The shelves had been stripped of their chips.

35 years later...
---

Welcome to the remake of Single Minded! The year you will be placed in is 2140, it'll be a bit advanced technology wise but not too advanced to the point we all have hover cars or anything like that.

In Single Minded you are criminal, for whatever reason is decided by you. Your objective is to kill the one that causes you trouble. Whoever that is, will be a mystery until a certain point in the game.

This game is also a free-roam RPG on Earth, where the things you can do are endless. You could also meet other players in the game.

When in combat, you will use a 1d6. Damage is decided on the roll times your power's level.

Rules

With a game like this, there are some rules to come with it.

1. Don't be a jerk to other players or me.
2. Don't change things in your character sheet unless I forget to add something.
3. Don't argue with me if something doesn't go your way.

Character Sheet:

Name: (anything you want)
Bio: (Your character's story) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
-----
Power 1: (Level 1)
Power 2: (Level 1)
-----
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing: N/A
Inventory: N/A
Allies: N/A

List of powers

Fire Manipulation (Control fire, immune to fire)
Earth Manipulation (Control earth, dirt, rocks, etc)
Water Manipulation (Control water, can breathe underwater)
Plant Manipulation (Control plants)
Weather Manipulation (Control the weather)
Ice Manipulation (Can freeze things, can also make it 'snow' from the body)
Animal Manipulation (Can control animals)
Teleporting (It will teleport longer distances each time it levels up. It's also a good defense in combat)
Speed: (Can run very fast)
Telekinesis (Can move things withthe mind)
Mind control(The higher the level, the longer the person stays mind controlled Ex: Level 1 is control for 1 turn, etc)
Super strength (Extremely strong)
Shadow manipulation (Controls shadows)
Animal Instincts(Sight, hearing, reacting, etc are that of an animal's)
Intangibility(able to pass through matter)
Invisibility (Cannot use other powers while invisible)
Gravity manipulation (Controls the flow of gravity)
Technology Manipulation (Controls technology)
Friction Manipulation(Can control the friction of your body, can basically slide to unlimited distances.)
Weapon Proficiency(can change a weapon. Changing a weapon will take up a turn. Weapon is more powerful each level up.)
Sanity Manipulation (Controls the emotions of people)

Choosing a Beginning

Choose from this list for a beginning. If you don't choose, I will roll for what you get.

1. You've lost someone and you're going to save them, no matter what the cost.
2. You're an ex-soldier, betrayed by the military and left to die. All you want is revenge on the person who set you up.
3. You're an average person living a normal life, when you accidentally discover you have powers. Now you're being hunted, and you want to know why (although that isn't particularly criminal).
4. You're a long-time gang member and you just a threat from someone from another gang (or a threat from the gang). Time to take action.
5. You're a career thief/hacker/assassin/etc and you're just been offered the deal of a lifetime from an anonymous person.
6. You're a new prisoner, being sentenced for an amount of time in prison. No one has escaped this prison, but you're about to change that.

Hope you guys have fun.

Also, if it seems that I'm getting slow at doing this RPG, smack me.

Players will be able to get a third power by random. They won't get it right away however.

Greg7077: Ball Projection

Trigon123: Crystallokinetic Constructs

Philip:Razor Foot

Nivlac724: Steel Mimicry

Gogotank has Abjuration

etg2002 has Psionic Combat

gringrant: Spiritual Blade Construction

Shoeminor: Support Powers

sasukemystery: Hydrokinetic Combat

• 471 Replies
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

Name: Nivlac
Bio: A master assassin who's only goal is to kill. He uses stealth to destroy his enemies. He wants the chips for intangibility, super strength, sanity manipulation and teleporting and will stop at nothing to get them.
Looks: Black hair, light skin, brown eyes, slender build, tall.
-----
Power 1: Shadow manipulation (Level 1)
Power 2: Invisibility (Level 1)
Power 3: Steel Mimicry (Level 1) (unusable)
-----
XP: 4/10
-----
INVENTORY: N/A

I search for a entrance on the roof.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Name: Derrick Stack
Bio: I'm was a lieutenant General in the army when I awoke in my commanding generals lab. I felt something pulsating through my veins it hurt so much but before I could say anything I was awake in a place I didn't know.
Looks: Tall (6') Muscular Build black hair crew cut.
-----
Power 1: Gravity manipulation (Controls the flow of gravity)
Power 2: Mind control(The higher the level, the longer the person stays mind controlled Ex: Level 1 is control for 1 turn, etc)
-----

"Nah, I trust them. They'll never go that far." He says as you successfully break the rope.
---

Name: Engi
Bio: Born into a family of engineers, Engi learned quickly how to construct, disassemble, and repair computers at age 8. age 12, he built his first robot. age 15, graduate of high school robotics. age 18, grad of college. age 19 was drafted into the army for 2 years, until he built spy robots, which the military believed were part of a conspiracy, and then tried to execute Engi with a firing squad. Engi escaped before he was killed. age 22 and 7 months. today.
Looks: white(from natural color, not age) hair, 4 shades paler than normal skin, dark grey eyes, with, for a unknown reason, a mark etched in his skin.
(mark is a backwards D combined with a E. backwards D with three lines like a E.) (location of mark? forearm. the D part facing forward like a bullet.)
-----
Power 1:technology manipulation (Level 1)
Power 2:gravity manipulation (Level 1)
-----
XP: 2/10
HP: 90/100
-----
Inventory: LMG[29/200]

He shrugs. "I don't know the details. Apparently he found out too much or something."
---

Name: Gogo

Bio: Gogo used to be a regular guy until he was suddenly kidnapped by some strangers that kept telling that he's "another one". He managed to escape with his newly discovered powers and started trying to search more people with powers like him.

Looks: Thin and tall with light brown hair and blue eyes.
-----
Power 1: Fire Manipulation (Level 1)
Power 2: Mind Control (Level 1)
-----
-----
Inventory: Pistol
Allies: Seven (Optical Illusion), Ten (Ergokinetic Combat)

(No, your character has no idea yet.)

"Good!" Shouts Ten happily. "Now, go!" She shoves you and you stumble out of the bushes and onto the parking lot. A little while away is the front entrance, there maybe other entrances, but do you wish to go through the front?
---

Bio: A master assassin who's only goal is to kill. He uses stealth to destroy his enemies. He wants the chips for intangibility, super strength, sanity manipulation and teleporting and will stop at nothing to get them.
-----
-----
-----

It's not much, but there is a chimney leading to an living room with nobody inside and no fire. It seems you can go down it with no problem.

However there's also a balcony you could slide yourself on, that one you don't know where it goes.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

-----
-----
-----

I try and go down the chimney.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

Bio: Gogo used to be a regular guy until he was suddenly kidnapped by some strangers that kept telling that he's "another one". He managed to escape with his newly discovered powers and started trying to search more people with powers like him.

-----
-----
-----

(Wow, maybe Ten wants me to be hurt or something. I am a bit suspicious...) I think to myself.

"Hmm, I don't think someone will suspect me if I go through the front door, they'll think I'm just a visitor. And I can search other entrances from inside anyway, so I'll go from the front door."

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

Bio: Born into a family of engineers, Engi learned quickly how to construct, disassemble, and repair computers at age 8. age 12, he built his first robot. age 15, graduate of high school robotics. age 18, grad of college. age 19 was drafted into the army for 2 years, until he built spy robots, which the military believed were part of a conspiracy, and then tried to execute Engi with a firing squad. Engi escaped before he was killed. age 22 and 7 months. today.
Looks: white(from natural color, not age) hair, 4 shades paler than normal skin, dark grey eyes, with, for a unknown reason, a mark etched in his skin.
(mark is a backwards D combined with a E. backwards D with three lines like a E.) (location of mark? forearm. the D part facing forward like a bullet.)
-----
-----
-----

hmm. then should we find out? i am assuming no, though.

Greg7077
Greg7077
824 posts
Jester

Bio: I'm was a lieutenant General in the army when I awoke in my commanding generals lab. I felt something pulsating through my veins it hurt so much but before I could say anything I was awake in a place I didn't know.
-----
Power 2: Mind control(The higher the level, the longer the person stays mind controlled Ex: Level 1 is control for 1 turn, etc)
-----

I break the rope and tie it around my wrists to act as a choker. He continues to talk, but as he looks away for a second I jump up out of my chair and tie the rope around his neck and his mouth so he can't talk.
"Now you're gonna lead me out of this place safely and you their will be no casualties, understand?!?!?

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Name: Viet Anh
Bio: Amnesiac
Looks: 6 ft, dark hair, a bit muscular, wears hoodies and jeans along with sneakers.
-----
Power 1: Fire Manipulation
Power 2: Shadow Manipulation
-----
-----

"H-hello? Who is this? And what is the offer?"

Sorry for late reply, (page 45)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
-----

You successfully slide down the chimney and into the living room. You landed on the wood unfortunately, and it made a pretty loud noise.

You hear a door in the hallway in front of you open. "Hello?" Calls a male voice. "Is somebody there?" You hear footsteps slowly coming near the living room.
---

-----
-----
-----

You go in and are immediately confronted by a night guard as you stroll around the lobby a bit.

"How'd you get here?" He asks. "It's supposed to be closing time."
---

-----
-----
-----

"Well I don't really who this guy was, so." He points the gun at the man once again.

If you aren't able to stop him, he will shoot after the next turn.
---

-----
-----

He chokes and tries grabbing at the rope. He finally gives up, reaches in his pocket, and pulls out a key card, he seems to be trying to give it to you.
---

Name: Viet Anh
Bio: Amnesiac
Looks: 6 ft, dark hair, a bit muscular, wears hoodies and jeans along with sneakers.
-----
Power 1: Fire Manipulation
Power 2: Shadow Manipulation
-----
-----

"Oh sorry, should have said my name first." He clears his throat on the other end of the line. "My name is Chuck Peterson and I'm offering you to kill a man by the name of Tucker McAllen. If you're successful, you'll be paid $2 million." He pauses for dramatic effect. "Kill him with any means necessary, just make sure it's not tracked back to us."

"So, what do you say?"

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm not going to be here all of next week starting Sunday.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

-----
-----
-----

"Oh, I'm sorry sir, I thought it was still open. I am crazy about museu- Hey, what is hat thing over there?" I say, pointing with my finger something behind the guard.

If he turns around, I startle him with my fire manipulation.

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

-----
-----
-----

huh. *unlocks cuffs* *punches guard*

Greg7077
Greg7077
824 posts
Jester

-----
-----
-----
-----

I release the rope and he's laying on the ground coughing. I walk down the many corridors and find 3 doors I use the key card on the first one and get a gun and knife for protection. I use the key card on the second door and escape, but what I see is a giant...

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Sorry for not updating for a week guys, I will update as soon as I wake up in the morning.

trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

Name: "Overwatch"
Bio: I was... A soldier. The Army found me when I was young... When I was 4 years old... I don't know who is my father, I don't know who's my mother.
They took me to the Lab. Something happend... They changed my memories... But I still remember something. They don't want me now...They want to kill me... And I want to kill them too.

Looks: short, black hair, white skin, stubble, scar on face, "white" eyes.
-----
Power 1: Telekinesis
Power 2: Shadow manipulation
-----
HP: 82/100
-----
Inventory: Pickaxe, fake rifle

I use Telekinesis to destroy the rockets (by using another rocket) and use Shadow manipulation to hide myself and wait to attack him again!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
-----

As he turns around, you attack with fire. He jumps back from the sudden flames, with a bit of damage but not too much.

The security guard smiles quite mischievously despite almost being burned alive. "Finally some action."

He cracks his knuckles and his hand turns into a small blade. He charges toward you.
---

-----
-----
-----

You drew some blood from his nose as you punch him. The guard stumbles back. "Ow! What the heck! I think you broke it!" He aims his gun at you. "I might not be able to kill you but I could probably still shoot you where it hurts."
---

-----
-----

What you see appears to be some giant glass test-tube instead of an exit. The tube seems to be filled with a glowing green liquid, travelling through the building by connected pipes.

There's also an air vent above the tube.
---

Name: "Overwatch"
Bio: I was... A soldier. The Army found me when I was young... When I was 4 years old... I don't know who is my father, I don't know who's my mother.
They took me to the Lab. Something happend... They changed my memories... But I still remember something. They don't want me now...They want to kill me... And I want to kill them too.

Looks: short, black hair, white skin, stubble, scar on face, "white" eyes.
-----
Power 1: Telekinesis
Power 2: Shadow manipulation
-----
HP: 82/100
-----
Inventory: Pickaxe, fake rifle

You hide in the shadows as he comes running by. "Dang it." He mumbles. The guy takes out a cellphone and dials a number. "Hey, yeah. It's me. Listen, I'm going to have to end the project early I'm a bit injured. You'll pick me up? Great! Alright, see you soon." He hangs up.

Showing 436-450 of 471