ForumsWEPRWhich type of a Government is the best?

80 33601
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Which type of a Government according to you is the best? And why?
1) Democracy.
2) Federalism.
3) Communism.
4) Dictatorship.
5) Monarchy.
6) Constitutional Monarchy.
7) Military Rule.
8) Republic.
9) Democratic Republic.
10) Parliamentary.

• 80 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Name a democracy that hasn't ended up tyrannizing the minority.

you missed my point. the point is that governments that arent democracies failed as well. and followed by your logic, if we want a government that has never failed, it would have to be a form of government that hasnt existed yet.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Name a [pure] democracy that hasn't ended up tyrannizing the minority.
Unless you mean a tyranny of averages, I can name any pure democracy in existence (Swizerland is probably the best example). If you do mean a tyranny of averages, the same applies to every other political system in existence except perhaps some forms of oligarchy, which has its own plethora of problems.
Thrillology
Thrillology
78 posts
Shepherd

you missed my point. the point is that governments that arent democracies failed as well. and followed by your logic, if we want a government that has never failed, it would have to be a form of government that hasnt existed yet.

We'll have to see if the United States' unique form of a republic persists then.
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

We'll have to see if the United States' unique form of a republic persists then.
Corporatocracy is hardly unique to the U.S.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

either i didnt get your point. or you didnt get mine.

im not talking about the US or any specific country. im note ven about any country right now. you say that throughout history, democracy always fails.

but you see, any government that has existed and doesnt exist today has failed. im not saying that what you say about the future is obviously wrong, im saying that what you base this on is irrelevant and youd need a whole different argument to justify your conclusion.

actually, if we take history into account and add the present, democracy is the best government (not counting future unknown governments), since it still exists AND the mostly, developed countries are democracys.

Showing 76-80 of 80