ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Can't Log In (Firefox)

37 7961
MissMajor
MissMajor
5 posts
Nomad

I'm posting this using Chrome (which I despise so **** much), but I can't even log in to AG on FireFox. I just downloaded and installed it last night (well, earlier this morning) and made it my default browser. I installed AdBlock Plus and have that running. I'd rather avoid uninstalling anything right now as FF is giving problems on other sites, and I'd rather not go through all the hell and trouble of re-customizing all my settings, which is like pulling teeth for me.

I'm using Windows 7, and AdBlock Plus is active on both FireFox and Chrome (something I'd really rather not disable, since I'm somewhat accident-prone and click on unwanted ads). What should I do?

• 37 Replies
MissMajor
MissMajor
5 posts
Nomad

PS - I apologize if I'm awfully curt. I'm in chronic pain and your site's fantastic collection of games if one of only a few outlets to lift my mood, since I really can't do much of anything on account of my disability. I appreciate the time and effort put into my issue here.

MissMajor
MissMajor
5 posts
Nomad

I disabled AdBlock and still can't log in. I tried Ctrl + F5 after attempting to log in twice, but it still shows me as not logged in, and I can't access my favorited games. AdBlock and Facebook Purity are the only two extensions I have installed on here. This was happening after I installed AdBlock and before installing FB Purity. I have AdBlock on Chrome, and it's enabled on this site, and I have zero problems logging in. Could the problem be with the Firefox browser itself? I always enable cookies on sites like AG.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@MissMajor We're looking into fixing this, and have pushed a few things out already. At least, I believe it's the same issue. Could you test it now for me? Also could you try a "Privacy" window in FireFox? Please @Ferret me when you respond.

MissMajor
MissMajor
5 posts
Nomad

@Ferret Thanks so much for your help!! I tried logging in just now on Firefox, but it didn't work, however using a privacy window I was successful. Thank you for looking into this issue!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@MissMajor Glad to hear it, that actually may be plug-in related then - very strange. Let me know if a certain plug-in is causing the issue?

Prpich25
Prpich25
10 posts
Nomad

Just about the thing with me. Got tired of Chrome lagging my game up, switched to Firefox last night. Cant log on with fire fox, but under privacy window i can.

No Ad blockers, disabled all of the plug-in's, still not able to log on without using privacy window.

MissMajor
MissMajor
5 posts
Nomad

@Ferret - I'm not entirely sure what may be triggering the problem; my case has consistently been what Prpich25 has - it works just fine in a privacy window, with or without Ad Block running. I've only tried playing The Last Stand: The Dead Zone, but it runs just fine (even though I have to reset the audio/video settings whenever I load it). I just have the necessary plug-ins active (Shockwave, JavaScript), and I stop any unresponsive scripts that Firefox alerts to me.

Prpich25
Prpich25
10 posts
Nomad

Same here, Missmajor. Chrome was so laggy and would always asked me to stop running Shock player. IE would run nice and smooth, but would crash constantly to a (!) symbol.

Firefox works perfectly, but i cant log into the account, without going to the privacy window. Its enough to make me cry. lol

-Edit- And yes this was also for Dead Zone.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@MissMajor @Prpich25 Could you screenshot what you see here:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

Prpich25
Prpich25
10 posts
Nomad

@Ferret

Here ya go.

https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/10479488_460436247466347_861534132927488228_o.jpg

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@PrPich25 It looks like I'm testing with "Shockwave Flash", could you try installing that and seeing if it fixes your issue? More information here...

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/769607

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Nevermind, I'm crazy. Still testing.

Prpich25
Prpich25
10 posts
Nomad

lol yeah, I was gonna say...Kinda already have it. Cant play TLSZ without.

But ya know what for the lol's of it, and hey maybe it might work, I'm gonna re-download it and see what happens.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Prpich25 Do you have any other external programs running? Anti-virus or privacy software maybe?

Prpich25
Prpich25
10 posts
Nomad

No, i sure don't. I know they mess with a lot of other programs so i don't run them. I do have Nvidia GeForce Experience running in the back ground, as well as steam.

I'm gonna shut them both down and see what happens. I also re-download shockwave, didn't have any effect. Eh, worth a shot i guess.

Showing 1-15 of 37