ForumsProgramming ForumHello World.

26 15219
Tookman
Tookman
87 posts
Nomad

The world can be intense. War, politics, and greed corrupt it, this is a simple coffee shop like way of bringing all of us programmers together. Talk about whatever in this article, anything at all, us programmers have (almost) always been the weird ones, but here, we can talk about things that the idiots in our lives wouldn't understand, we can talk about things that make the smart-Alecs look like dumb-Alecs, and us look cool, but those other people don't have to know. This is a forum for us codies to talk over, because we all know (from that first program) that uncomplicated things can fill you with enjoyment. Relax, my friends, and talk to one-another.

• 26 Replies
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

What will be the topic that we shall start with?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

There has to be no topic yet. Just speak your mind. Only after you do, can we establish a topic.

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it to program 'stuffs'?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I think this ia different for every person @TheAngelOfWar... some may have a natural talent for these things and simply breeze through learning and applying it, whereas others need to make a real effort to achieve their goal. But in the end, you won't know untill you try of course!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I suppose it is what MrDayCee said. And it also depends on the "stuffs"

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

@MrDayCee

So ultimately what you mean is unless you have natural talent you'll be staring down a screen for several hours a day to code basics of the 'stuffs'.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

@TheAngelOfWar

You can make games in a short amount of time. The end result can be super simple. For example

dr-vile-in-the-greater-good

made in just 3 days. The design is simple, entertaining, and the game is short. Sure more could be added, but I think it boils down to commitment and experience. The more you program, the faster and better you will be as a programmer. Start with small, simple projects and work your way up to more complex games.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Well spoken! Listen to experience AngelofWar (where experience = weirdlike )

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

Hmm, I see, I see. Thank you for you advice but we have no topic now...
So how about them Programmer Girls?

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

https://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-e0c9dafb319150b6c6d9816047ed9eae?convert_to_webp=true

I am the type on the left. Which are you?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Left. obviously! makes for much more organized programs as well as easier to read! How about you? For the same reasons @weirdlike?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@TheAngelOfWar Pretty much how you stated, yes... you will only learn by practice and persiverance. Keep trying, learn from your mistakes, ask questions and start over!

Programmer Girls? Errr... wouldn't know of any to be honest. Haven't seen one anywhere!

@weirdlike I'm the one who made the image...

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@MrDayCee *Programmer geek side taking over* if you "made" the image, then you can still be one of those two types

Programmer Girls? Mythbusters have busted that one years ago...

ofedia
ofedia
1 posts
Nomad

What do you think about religion in games?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@Doombreed Eh... must have missed that episode!

And I still would not know which one of the two I would be... I'm an artist, programming is not for me...

@ofedia This is not the topic of this thread. Please create a new one for that, ok?

Showing 1-15 of 26