ForumsNews and FeedbackNice Prank AG!

16 9461
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Just seen it... the April Fools Day prank. Well, once again I am genuinely surprised! I am not going to give it away (yet), but...Happy April Fools Day!
Keep it up!

• 16 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

WHAT APRIL FOOL!? Why wasn't I in on it? You guys always leave me out of the fun things! Is it because I'm the youngest mod in the group? Four years and you still haze me.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

...I am not happy AG...

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@danwar123 you are still probably happier than that time the staff turned ALL of the users' armatars into Justin Bieber gifs! But then again, you weren't around back then...lucky you

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

@Doombreed is this just you pulling a prank trying to convince us that AG pulled a prank to try to make us scour the site in search of it? Because I don't see anything out of the ordinary at all.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@TheMostManlyMan 1) AG has a long lasting tradition of trolling users this day every year...

2) I can assure you it is not. Many people have already found out what it is. Check the support forum. The answers you seek are in one of the threads there

korbin132
korbin132
28 posts
Nomad

I was looking forward to it... 2 hours later. Something's not right here...

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

And @Freakenstein , that's not fair... If I was you, I would become a user again... What? You know we love you more

Also @korbin , that was about everyone's reaction. I also heard about a poor guy who patiently waited for 3 hours for the entire game to load...but it crashed his flash player and he had to start all over again...

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Once again, it was posted on March 31 and it was already complained about on March 31 (site time). So all the statements about April 1 are incorrect.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Maybe the 31st March date for some users is 1st April for others due to timezone difference?

korbin132
korbin132
28 posts
Nomad

No one is happy. We all have to admit that we clicked on that game and sat waiting, some longer than others(I sat and got 5674 sushi and then realized something was wrong), but the point is the game sounded amazing, but us making a big deal about it won't make them make it a real game. We just have to sit a hope.

Dear ArmorGames and friends (Ferret, etc.),

Please make this a real game. PLEASE!!!!!

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

I thought it would be better not as a minecraft spoof, which is what it looked like to me, but instead an idle game where you can add clickers or more sushi or something.
Still fun clicking the sushi.

korbin132
korbin132
28 posts
Nomad

@Doombreed that is so sad. I would flip out if my Flash Player crashed.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

No one is happy. We all have to admit that we clicked on that game and sat waiting, some longer than others(I sat and got 5674 sushi and then realized something was wrong), but the point is the game sounded amazing, but us making a big deal about it won't make them make it a real game. We just have to sit a hope.

I think you're overgeneralizing. I got over 10000 points in the loading game (level 12), and I had fun with it. There were also many clues that the gamer could pick up on, even if they aren't expecting a prank:
1 None of the regular users had even heard of it a week before release.
2 It's been in the working for less than a year (i.e., since some time after the last prank), despite being a minecraft-scale free roam of supposedly immense complexity.
3 Minecraft holds copywrites which make such a blatant imitation unfeasible.
4 It's a locally hosted MMO, yet AG is a small company with only a few developers on the team.
5 @ArmorGames is the "developer" credited with making the game.
6 It has no quest chat.
7 No one; not even Jimp, has any of the quests.

I also heard about a poor guy who patiently waited for 3 hours for the entire game to load...but it crashed his flash player and he had to start all over again...

Sad, but untrue. It can't crash flash; and certainly not three hours in.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

The game was launched at 12 PM EST, so it was April Fools somewhere.

Also, Quests are being given to people who joined in soon!

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Maybe the 31st March date for some users is 1st April for others due to timezone difference?

I was referring to site time (EST), so it wasn't.

Showing 1-15 of 16