ForumsWEPRCity of Gold

44 8155
Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

Do you think that there could be such a place.

I think that there coud because there have been some evidence proving that there is a place.

• 44 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Care to mention said evidence Pegasus? If there was realy a city made of gold it would be hard for it to remain hidden. I persoanally belive that it is a myth. I doubt there could be a city made of gold. I know there are regions of the Amazon that havent been explored but i dont think there is a city of gold hidden there. It is just wishful thinking by greedy people that created the myth.

Pegasus
Pegasus
106 posts
Nomad

The evidence is that Aztec capital. Since there is remains, they found gold which, apparently, could lead to city of gold. And I am just asking iif you think it is a myth and people would debate. It is not a myth, I believe that there is a city of gold and it is just to hard for us to reach it.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

But that doesnt make sense. First of all who is they? Second of all just because someone finds something doesnt mean there is a city made of the substance in question. What kind of logic is that? Unless they found gold with a map to a city or writing on it saying there is a city of gold somewhere out in the jungle then that is not concrete enough to warrant the existence of a city of gold.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I've started a book on Lemuria and Atlantis. It actually mentions this a little bit. At least the parts where I have gotten. By they I am sure he just means researchers and archeologists.

Anyway, there is evidence of such things that tie into these ancient civilizations. Easter Island is included in the mess. The book is a bit choppy right now, though.

I was impressed to see that road they discovered on the floor of the ocean.

jeffwak906
jeffwak906
237 posts
Shepherd

Ah, the common question of a possible City of Gold. I believe that there is a possibility to be one, I mean, we today could make a city of gold no problem. The problem is, who's going to pay for it? I'm sure an Ancient civilization could of made a hidden city of gold to worship one of their main gods. It's a possibility, and is no way impossible, woody_7007.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

hey wasnt the city of gold in the new National Treasure movie. but they found it inside mount rushmore. it could be a city of gold, after all i believe there are many wonders of the world that are not uncovered. and maybe we never will uncover it.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

It was probably just a myth, just like the fountain of youth and all those other crazy tales.

Lil_derman_
Lil_derman_
3 posts
Nomad

I don't think there is such a place, allthough it is psyically possible to consruct, alot of money and effert would have to be put into it though.

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

Well, it talks a little about this in Indiana Jones if I remember right, or It might've been another movie, deep in the jungles there is supposedly A city of gold, except I do not believe it is there because our satalites would have spotted it by now, maby the jungle leaves are some type of anti-satalite scanners?

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

The evidence is that Aztec capital. Since there is remains, they found gold which, apparently, could lead to city of gold. And I am just asking iif you think it is a myth and people would debate. It is not a myth, I believe that there is a city of gold and it is just to hard for us to reach it.

It is hard for us to reach it? We have planes, boats, (that are better than theirs) and cars, climbing gear, SHOES, food in a can, if anything, it was hard for them to reach it.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I agree with Divine Darkness. How could with all the modern technology in the world a city exist, even in the deepest jungle which we dont know about. If it did exist someone would have found it off google earth already.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

If it did exist someone would have found it off google earth already.
I don't think it exists, but an explanation about it not being discovered from Google earth is that it could be underground.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

i was actually being a little sarcastic but i was just saying if it did exist it would be easy to spot from space a whole city of gold. However as for your theory of it being underground how do u think an ancient civilisation with comparably primitive buillding technology to what we have today would be able to build a whole city made of gold underground.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

However as for your theory of it being underground how do u think an ancient civilisation with comparably primitive buillding technology to what we have today would be able to build a whole city made of gold underground.
It could be in a cave, maybe...
gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

@woody_7007
How did they make Stonehenge? No one knows. It is supposed to be impossible. This seems impossible, but it could be ,in reality, possible.

Showing 1-15 of 44