ForumsForum GamesPotentes Humanum (RPG)

106 24944
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

The background.

It's the distant future. Humans have traversed the nearby planets. On Jupiter, we found a unstable element called skilltonium. It's atomic structure changed to fit with any other element put in the nearby area, so it is highly valued. When we surfaced the first batch of skilltonium, it bonded with the dirt and iron, creating fiends, who were deformed and presummed brainless. But then it caught sight of the skilltonium, and consumed the first miners and the first batch. From then on, we've been in a war with these creatures, utilizing the skilltonium to bolster our own abilities.

The tech.

When earth's natural resources started to dwindle, we found a way to convert earth to data. We did so, and now earth contains portals in and out of this data world. Only things not created by the data can travel through these portals, because anything made of data dissipates into the portal itself, destroying it. Because everything on earth is data, anything is possible on it. As such, it became a "Hub world" of sorts, for humans to come back to, to relax, sell treasures found on other planets, and to socialize.

The planets.

Mercury - fiends traveled to this planet, overtaking the human population and enhancing their fire related abilities.
Venus - tamed by humans, but inhabited by fiends here and there, this world has become a new earth of sorts. Most human here dislike the data world of earth.
Mars - dubbed, "the discovery planet," tests of all sorts are done here by scientists, because it offers a wide variety of habitats. Fiends here have been tamed, and occasionally work with the scientists.
Jupiter - Battles rage day and night here. Fiends and miners do war continuously for the precious skilltonium. Only for the brave of heart or dumb of mind.
Saturn - only inhabited by fiends, due to the fact that the rings somehow block out portals. No one knows what happens here or beyond this point.

The skilltonium.

Skilltonium had an interesting effect on humans. It bonds with them, and changes their abilities, their skills, based on the personality of the bonded human. Small doses slightly enhance anything, but large doses tend to cause insanity, giantism, and rage. These behemoth humans are forced to leave earth. If they retain any brain function, they tend to become rulers of fiend clans.

The rules.

1. My game, my dice, my verdict. You are just the player. I use
Rollz.com for my dice.
2. Player versus player is allowed, assuming A) both players agree or B) you are In a fiend controlled zone.
3. Confused? Daunted? Ask me questions at pitmaster226(at)gmail.com
4. Have fun.
5. You ATTEMPT to do things. If you say "I cut the wire to get through" it will be read by me as "I ATTEMPT to cut the wire and go through if I suceed.
7. ALWAYS follow rule 6.

The signup.

Signup here, by following these steps.
1. Copy the Char sheet (below)
2. Paste char sheet.
3. Edit areas I tell you to edit.
4. Wait for me to respond.
5. Do what I tell you.
6. Give feedback on your revised char sheet.
7. Repeat steps 4 through 6.

The question and answers.

None.

The char sheet.

Name: (required)
Bio: (Required)
Personality: (not required. Helpful.)
Class: (required. You must make something that implies your role. "Fighter" doesn't help me. "Ninja warrior of death and destruction" helps me.)
HP: 100/100
Skills: 0/10
Active: (you may choose some from the ideas thread, or you may wait for me to give you a list to choose from, or a mixture of both.)
Passive: (read active.)
EXP: 0/10 Lvl 1
Shops: none (your shop names. May become a second (locked) thread.)
Inventory: (you may choose some items to start with. Nothing over powered.)
Equipment: (your equipped items. These are the only things that effect your stats.)
Currency: 0 (do I really need to explain?)

Hello, I'm (insert name here) and I'm signing up for Potentes Humanum

Links:

None needed yet.

Players (and locations)

None yet.

Waiting list.

Nivlac724

(Maybe unfinished. You never know.)

• 106 Replies
Showing 121-120 of 106