ForumsForum GamesPotentes Humanum (RPG)

106 25022
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

The background.

It's the distant future. Humans have traversed the nearby planets. On Jupiter, we found a unstable element called skilltonium. It's atomic structure changed to fit with any other element put in the nearby area, so it is highly valued. When we surfaced the first batch of skilltonium, it bonded with the dirt and iron, creating fiends, who were deformed and presummed brainless. But then it caught sight of the skilltonium, and consumed the first miners and the first batch. From then on, we've been in a war with these creatures, utilizing the skilltonium to bolster our own abilities.

The tech.

When earth's natural resources started to dwindle, we found a way to convert earth to data. We did so, and now earth contains portals in and out of this data world. Only things not created by the data can travel through these portals, because anything made of data dissipates into the portal itself, destroying it. Because everything on earth is data, anything is possible on it. As such, it became a "Hub world" of sorts, for humans to come back to, to relax, sell treasures found on other planets, and to socialize.

The planets.

Mercury - fiends traveled to this planet, overtaking the human population and enhancing their fire related abilities.
Venus - tamed by humans, but inhabited by fiends here and there, this world has become a new earth of sorts. Most human here dislike the data world of earth.
Mars - dubbed, "the discovery planet," tests of all sorts are done here by scientists, because it offers a wide variety of habitats. Fiends here have been tamed, and occasionally work with the scientists.
Jupiter - Battles rage day and night here. Fiends and miners do war continuously for the precious skilltonium. Only for the brave of heart or dumb of mind.
Saturn - only inhabited by fiends, due to the fact that the rings somehow block out portals. No one knows what happens here or beyond this point.

The skilltonium.

Skilltonium had an interesting effect on humans. It bonds with them, and changes their abilities, their skills, based on the personality of the bonded human. Small doses slightly enhance anything, but large doses tend to cause insanity, giantism, and rage. These behemoth humans are forced to leave earth. If they retain any brain function, they tend to become rulers of fiend clans.

The rules.

1. My game, my dice, my verdict. You are just the player. I use
Rollz.com for my dice.
2. Player versus player is allowed, assuming A) both players agree or B) you are In a fiend controlled zone.
3. Confused? Daunted? Ask me questions at pitmaster226(at)gmail.com
4. Have fun.
5. You ATTEMPT to do things. If you say "I cut the wire to get through" it will be read by me as "I ATTEMPT to cut the wire and go through if I suceed.
7. ALWAYS follow rule 6.

The signup.

Signup here, by following these steps.
1. Copy the Char sheet (below)
2. Paste char sheet.
3. Edit areas I tell you to edit.
4. Wait for me to respond.
5. Do what I tell you.
6. Give feedback on your revised char sheet.
7. Repeat steps 4 through 6.

The question and answers.

None.

The char sheet.

Name: (required)
Bio: (Required)
Personality: (not required. Helpful.)
Class: (required. You must make something that implies your role. "Fighter" doesn't help me. "Ninja warrior of death and destruction" helps me.)
HP: 100/100
Skills: 0/10
Active: (you may choose some from the ideas thread, or you may wait for me to give you a list to choose from, or a mixture of both.)
Passive: (read active.)
EXP: 0/10 Lvl 1
Shops: none (your shop names. May become a second (locked) thread.)
Inventory: (you may choose some items to start with. Nothing over powered.)
Equipment: (your equipped items. These are the only things that effect your stats.)
Currency: 0 (do I really need to explain?)

Hello, I'm (insert name here) and I'm signing up for Potentes Humanum

Links:

None needed yet.

Players (and locations)

None yet.

Waiting list.

Nivlac724

(Maybe unfinished. You never know.)

• 106 Replies
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Name: Glitch
Bio: An odd man, he wants to start a job as a mercenary. He starts by trying to raise his key card. His past is known to none, even himself, for he once lost his memory in a small town before adulting. He wandered the town, with no idea of himself. Given an old rifle, he left for the forest and lived there.
Personality: Calm, Doesn't like risks.
Class: Long-Range Fire Support
HP: 80/100
Skill points: 10/10
Active:
Bullet burst (low, med, tri shot, 3)
Snipe (low, extreme, precise, 3)
Stealth strike (Med, melee, Heads for .5 turns of blind, 2)
Passive:
Growing shadows (+ stage to atk when in darkness, 2)
Shops: none
Inventory: Lightweight Leather Armor, key card T1.
Equipment: Old rifle, Hunting knife.
Currency: 0

You turn around, but you don't see him anywhere. Dissapeared. What now?

Name: Danwar
Bio: Dawnar,when he was younger,learnt about the ancient medival knights and wanted to fight like them.With skilltonium and swordsmanship easily as good as any novice,Danwar wants to be heroic and chivalrous,just like a proper knight.
Personality: Slightly chivalrous;Helpful;Will not strike without being struck first or recognizing someone as an enemy
Class: Energized paladin (Cool?)
Skills: 8/10
Active: Deep Cut [Medium, Medium, Bleed T1, 4]
Passive: Steadfast (speed decreases to zero. Dmg and defense increase exponentially per turn activated, while activated. 4)

Anything you're particularly looking for in the two skill point range?

Inventory: Damaged barrier producer, Old armor, key card lvl 1.
Equipment: Slightly damaged energy sword

Almost ready to start. Thanks for taking initiative on your skills. Saves me a ton of time.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Bio: An odd man, he wants to start a job as a mercenary. He starts by trying to raise his key card. His past is known to none, even himself, for he once lost his memory in a small town before adulting. He wandered the town, with no idea of himself. Given an old rifle, he left for the forest and lived there.
Active:
Passive:

I keep climbing down up to the hills/mountains' feets. I then wait for him, while looking around repeatedly.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Bio: Dawnar,when he was younger,learnt about the ancient medival knights and wanted to fight like them.With skilltonium and swordsmanship easily as good as any novice,Danwar wants to be heroic and chivalrous,just like a proper knight.
Personality: Slightly chivalrous;Helpful;Will not strike without being struck first or recognizing someone as an enemy
Class: Energized paladin (I guess)
Passive: Steadfast [speed decreases to zero. Dmg and defense increase exponentially per turn activated, while activated. 4]
Trained Body (+to physical dmg, 2)

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Active:
Passive:

You continue down, and in your attentiveness, you see the evidence of large footsteps on foliage. They're slow, and light, but still there. Suddenly, you hear the beat of ginormous footfalls behind you. What now?

Class: Energized paladin
Slash (low, melee, -20% effectiveness against armor, 0)
Passive: Steadfast [speed decreases to zero. Dmg and defense increase exponentially per turn activated, while activated. 4]

You wake up in your room, a little groggy, but awake. You get up, and just like everyday, notice that the room is too small for your liking. It's fine though, so you dawn your equipment and head out of this tiny apartment complex. You check your mail, but it's still empty. There's a group of punks guarding the portal to other places, seems like a movement recently. Around town, you walk across the same posters about jupiter's troops, the capture of Mars, and the upcoming tournament; before you realize that you never had a plan for this walk in the first place. Where to?

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Skills: 10/10

I think.(Wait...Mars is captured?Sounds like a job for me to help with.However,those punks are in the way,and what if either the punks or the things that captured mars are too strong,and i end up dead...?Well,Since i have nothing else to do,why not.)I walk to the protal.

aldino2002
aldino2002
9 posts
Nomad

Name: eldino
Bio: A boy abandoned by his family to fend for him self.
Personality:
Class: skilled hunter
Active: waiting for a list
Passive: heightened senses
Inventory: A quiver 50 iron arrows
Equipment: long bow, buck knife

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Active:
Passive:

I check where the footsteps head to, while keeping an eye at the source of the sound.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

I meant Mercury. Sorry.

You head over to the portal, and the punks walk over to you. "This is our turf now. Go home, you look like a whimp."

Name: Eldino
Bio: A boy abandoned by his family to fend for him self.
Personality: (You need to fill in this OR a better bio.)
Class: skilled hunter (PLEASE be more unique or descriptive. Currently, I have
No clue as to your play style.)
Active: waiting for a list
Passive: waiting for a list
Inventory: Damaged electric quiver (50), key card 1.
Equipment: Damaged electric longbow, small hunting knife.

I know you're eager to get into forum games, but please develop a better bio and study how things work around here. Your list will come shortly.

HP: 73/100
Active:
Passive:

You study the footfalls as they circle around you, but when you turn around to check the noise, you get pummeled by the chieften for 7 dmg, who is now visible. You, pinned: 73/100 Chieften: 30/50

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

HP: 73/100
Active:
Passive:

I try to take my knife and use Stealth Strike = Tails

The RNG Gods are not with me ;-;

COIN RESULTS
Stealth Strike
Tails
eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

HP: 52/100
Active:
Passive:
Inventory: Lightweight Leather Armor, key card T1, lucky coin.

I'm giving you a lucky coin (fail 3 coin flips in a row.), for use whenever you want. To use, say,"move x, lucky coin= output". Use wisely.

You manage to do so, and you end up dealing 16 dmg (2d6+6). The chieften proceeds to kick you, sending you tumbling down the mountain for 21 dmg. You: 52/100 chieften: 14/50

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

HP: 52/100
Active:
Passive:

The chieften proceeds to kick you, sending you tumbling down the mountain for 21 dmg.

(Aren't i in the feet of the mountain? O.o)

(I assume i gained some range from him kicking)

I snipe him.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Active:
Passive:

You were close to the bottom, but not the quite. Now you are at the foot of it.

You do so, Headshot. He's down. The simulation fades away, and you're back at the recruitment center. It's night, you were in there for a while. You enter the line for evaluation, and get to the desk. "Congratulations, you're in. A little training could make you a valued soldier in any situation. You're first day is two days from now," He adds," if the punks give you trouble, slug the ones with bright pink caps, they're the 'leaders' of the small groups. Just something I picked up on my way to my nearest portal."
You leave, back into the fray of flashing colors and signs that is Athien. You look around, but there's nothing notable aside from a small tourney host, a couple independent skill set stores, and an open portal with more punks around it. What now?

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Active:
Passive:

Trying to hone my skills as that simulation gave some problems, i check what's the small tourney host.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I use my chivalrious talk.

"*Ahem*Fine young men,I understand that this be thy land,but thy land leads to the other worlds.Amongst thee other words lies Mercury,whom is taken by strange creatures.Thus i need to cross thee to get to thy portal to help with the reclaiming of Mercury."

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Active:
Passive:

You enter the small building. A man is relaxing in the back. "Hey. Next tourney's in an hour. We've got training bots though, if you want to practice for a real fight." He says, almost as though he read your mind.

That was not what I expected. Kudos to you.

The punks stand there dumbfounded. "S-sure. You can... Go through..." You walk straight past all 7 of them, as though they weren't even there.
You're transfered through the portal on to Mercury. There's a small base set up at this portal, ensuring that fiends can get to it. As you walk out toward the hot Mesa world, you're stopped by a man who looks to be in charge of things around here. "Hello sir, I'm going to have to ask of you're intent and rank. Because it looks as though you are not part of this unit, you may spar with me to prove your worth. If you do not wish to, please exit back to earth, because it is dangerous out there."

Showing 31-45 of 106