ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[Closed][Official] Armor Games' Armatar Contest: SPRING!!!

134 63972
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8253540719_7b89c6b013_b_d.jpg

Now that we've had our annual dosage of chocolate and colored eggs, the contest aaaaalllllmost over, it is time for our returning seasonal themed edition of the ArmorGames Armatar Contest! The season that brings out everyone to play, even the game characters! They too are taking a short break to enjoy the colorful scenery of:

SPRING!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8256/8665164418_d12373440e_b_d.jpg

As usual, here are the guidelines that help you figure out what is allowed and what is not :

ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :

ne: All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
The entry must be square and at least 512x512 pixels in dimension.
Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it looks good in its larger form, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So keep in mind what the Armatar size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
Remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with a finished piece you don't like or an end result that is showing up blurred when scaled down...
If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are small in Armatar size, this is probably not a big issue.
All entries must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable to whatever extend, a Mod or Admin will give the decisive and final ruling for submission.
An entry must be completely original. You cannot use entire (or even elements from) pieces of artwork made by someone else, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you! A Moderator can ask you to provide conclusive proof that the entry was created by you entirely and you are obligated to provide this when asked for.

Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification, it will also exclude you from participation in any future contests AND will have further consequences!

CLOSING DATE OF THIS CONTEST :

As always with the Spring Edition, the window for this contest will be a little longer, from 04/11/2015 untill 06/30/2015, so there's plenty of time for you to submit your wonderful pieces of art!!

WINNING SUBMISSIONS :

Every participant of an official edition of the Armor Games' Armatar Contest receives a well deserved Merit for submitting one -or more- entries to every separate edition held. This means a maximum of one Merit per participant, per edition.

Alongside this Merit for your participation, we now have a special non-game Quest to award for the winning submissions of the Armor Games' Armatar Contest!! This special Armatar Creator Quest will be bestowed upon the creators of the winning entries that were chosen for every contest held from now on. The winners will receive this Quest to show our appreciation for their outstanding work. Wear this Quest with pride!
Winners will be chosen after the edition is officially closed;
The winning entries are non-debatable, results are final;
The Armatar Creator Quest can only be awarded once per user. If a particular user wins another edition, they will not receive this Quest again, as Quests can not be achieved a second time;
As a special appreciation for their outstanding work, all the winners and their winning entries of every edition will be placed into the Armatar Creator Quest Winners Hall of Fame!

We're looking forward to seeing your contributions! So, soak up that fresh Spring breeze, let those first rays of sun tickle your skin and your imagination, be inspired by the huge palet of vibrant colorful scenery outside and grab that pencil or mouse to splash those ideas onto paper or your computer screen! It's Spring time people! Make 'em look good! Amaze us!!! =)

• 134 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

People like you destroy many things...

In case you didn't notice, this thread was perfectly fine until you showed up. If anyone is destroying anything, its you. All DayCee did was ask how your picture matched the topic and you exploded in this dumb argument and are in the process of ruining the thread.

Your picture has very little to do with the topic at all. The others might be pushing the boundaries but they do fit with a little explanation, which is all you had to do instead of starting some dumb argument because you cannot take any form of criticism.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

In case you didn't notice, this thread was perfectly fine until you showed up. If anyone is destroying anything, its you. All DayCee did was ask how your picture matched the topic and you exploded in this dumb argument and are in the process of ruining the thread.

Please Sir, check fact before acting you know all... i can remember myself something else in this threat was taking attention of the thorn of a mod.

And i can take criticism i only cannot be happy about people who act of they are God and/or the Almighty... just like you now did (what is my personal feeling) and yes MrDayCee not insulted me or whatever he just ask.. ask only 2 people.. so what you are saying is that a fish is a good armatar what has all elements of [s]summer[/s]/spring and my magical face has nothing to do with [s]summer[/s]/spring. Common your not above others... you are just a sheep just like me..

Spring is a topic that most people feel differed and because we feel different things about different stuff is that what makes us a little more human..

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@thesakew @StormWalker @FishPreferred To those participants regarding their entries tagged by me: Your entries were a funny frolicking side-step from the theme, but will not be considered fit for entering the contest, as clarified with the tags. I hope you understand this...

@MattEmAngel I'm sorry, but the reasoning behind the image is a little thin at best... Maybe you could add some more spring-related items to the image? Other than the word for spring in chinese/japanese (not sure which?) that is...
And I might add that there will be a theme coming that would actually fit your entry perfectly! Won't reveil which theme this is just now though... but you will see soon! Very soon!

@FishPreferred @pickpocket I would have hoped for a bit more subtile appraoch... Yes, I agree that @Andelhof 's posts were too harsh and I've already addressed him about it. He wrote them in a rage about several odd entries, which made no sense to him, but I can inform you that he understands now and he already apologized about the posts. So please let this rest and we can move on with the contest, ok?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Well, it ain't Mandarin/Japanese for spring, or any other Mandarin symbol I recognise. :O

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

@MrDayCee Let me guess, another ninja armatar contest? :P

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@MattEmAngel @nichodemus The closest match I've found was the word for 'eliminate'...

@Darkfire45 Errr... *buzzer* ...close, but no sigar!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@MattEmAngel You mean this symbol then?

https://allencentre.wikispaces.com/file/view/spring%20small.jpg/417587876/246x179/spring%20small.jpg

Allright... I agree there was some misunderstanding about it then, but you have to admit that this entry is stretching the theme to its maximum here... I'm willing to take your word for it about the robes and shuriken explanation, but I have to ask kindly to perhaps include some signs of Spring into the image (maybe a rising sun?), or it keeps being interpreted as off-theme to others who know nothing about the Japanese culture. Agreed?

spaceskeleton
spaceskeleton
55 posts
Duchess

put a flower crown on him!
(I keed I keed)

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

The first picture is the only one I wanted to submit, the one of me suffering greatly from allergies. But it makes sense that it's not added, since not everyone has allergies.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

And you are mistaken...
IT's NOT SUMMER it's SPRING
*Facepaw*

Yes. Thank you for addressing that typo.

TheGreatOrGood
TheGreatOrGood
2 posts
Nomad

Smile Forever!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/35245131476439222/C0A303B397EFC1A33C733EC61170C525B48A6F77/

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@StormWalker The First entry is in fact added to the available Armatar list already! Guess you missed that?
But the other entries that have been tagged will not be included and available.
Just so that everyone is clear about that!

@TheGreatOrGood Very nice idea for an entry, but... there are a few things I need to mention here...
~ Please make an entry to the requested size for this contest, which is 512x512 pixels squared.
~ Could you please take out the "#YOLO" part? Text in general is not favored in Armatars for Armor Games, besides... your image doesn't need the word to express the happy rays of fun and laughter upon seeing it!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Uploading a few more now.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Inspired by something SirLegendary said in the moderator appreciation thread:
http://imgur.com/ye1B4lk.png
http://i.imgur.com/9ImeBWn.png

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Now that is amazing! Seriously! Great Idea! What do you think Mr Thrall?

Showing 91-105 of 134