ForumsGamesARMORGAMES FAVORITE GENRE GRAPH

30 6694
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I wanna do something cool in the video game forum. Let's have everyone 'vote' their favorite video game genre (only one, please!) , and I will make a bar graph and maybe even a pie graph (if I can figure that one out) of what the most popular genre is. Of course I will have to list all the usernames who 'voted' so that someone who forgets wont have to vote twice. We can't do combination genres like Action-adventure. What primary genre appeals to you the most? Simply 'vote' and include one-to-several reasons why the genre is your favorite.

So here we go! Genres are:

--Action
--Adventure
--MISC (similar to other, contains genres separate from the primary list, like Music. Ask if you think your genre goes in here or somewhere else)
--RPG
--Strategy (Real-time Strategy, Puzzle, MOBA, Tactical, Turn-based, etc.)
--Shooter (FPS, third-person, spaceship shooter, top-down, etc.)
--Sports (includes racing)
--Simulation (Goat simulator, baking simulator, burglar simulator, X simulator)

I'll kick it off by 'voting' RPG and begin construction once I have a sizable amount of 'votes'. The graph(s) will be updated as we continue. HAJIMEDAZOU!

Adventure: 4
RPG: 6
Strategy: 6
Shooter: 1
Sports: 1
Simulation: 3

Total votes: 21
Voted: Freakenstein, 09philj, MattEmAngel, Arm_Candy, MrDayCee, Ferret, Reton8, R2D21999, Pangtongshu, Darkfire45, Shoeminor, Loop_Stratos, UnleashedUponMankind, Terry_Logic, TheMostManlyMan, Nichodemus, SirLegendary, GoodyPundit, Doombreed, d_dude, Frank_Frooton

Current Graph Statistics:

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx79/Freakenstein_AG/AGFGG_zpsmny9qy3g.png

• 30 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Diablo... so i have to do a combination: Action-RPG (or Hack and Slay...^^)

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

RPG. I love RPGs.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Action or RPGs @UnleashedUponMankind, what's it gonna be? No combinations here

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

I don't play a lot of video games, but when I did, the ones I enjoyed most were baseball, football, soccer, skating, and racing. Shooters would be a close second, but sports comes in first as a genre for me.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

It would be a choice between Adventure and Shooters, but ultimately I would have to say Shooters! I simply love to feed bullets to everything tht moves (or doesn't) and cause mayhem while relaxing in my spare time! A good example are the Decision series and the TLS series! Shooters for the win!!!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Adventure.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

My vote is for simulation.

The reason I'm voting for simulation games is because they usually contain both RPG and Strategy elements of gameplay. Simulation games usually give the feeling of progress with the RPG elements, plus creative (and sometimes sandbox) style game play.

Considering the overlap between the RPG, strategy, and simulation games, how do you define each category?

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3c/3c01073cbe8b09fac4f835c28320a8101de63ce1fae6d384594d825a4f2ac2f1.jpg

Suppose a user votes for the action genre, but he really only enjoys the action games because of the RPG elements in them. Should he choose the RPG category instead?

@Freakenstein

I can help you with the pie graph if you have Excel. I could make it for you if you wanted.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Adventure. I always love a good adventure game.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I demand this thread be locked AND MOEGRECHE BE FIRED until MOBA is added

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

It's a mix between Shooters and RPG but since you want me to choose one and only one, I'll pick RPG.

Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

Puzzle is really cool because I`m a genius and muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lazor I`m bored already.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Simulation/RPG. I don't know what. Probably Simulation.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@Freakenstein uh ,ah ,yeah, my fault

Hmmm... ok... then it... will... be... RPG.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I demand this thread be locked AND MOEGRECHE BE FIRED until MOBA is added

Or you can pick Strategy where MOBA is included @Pangtongshu :P

*adds more votes*

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I grew up playing mostly simulators, and those are the only ones I still play to this day.

If you're going into sub-genres, wouldn't all votes for shooter also fall under the action category?

Showing 1-15 of 30