ForumsPopular MediaStar Wars: The Force Awakens Trailers (Discussion)

17 15515
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

So, if you Star Wars fan boys (such as myself) haven't seen it yet. You should definitely check it out. It will really bring up some thoughts about the movie.

Trailer #2

I really think it was a great idea to use the old actors to follow with the timeline. Though, what really catches me is the new villain, and how Luke says "My father has it." Does that imply that Vader is alive?

• 17 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I've seen several trailers yesterday evening, but this one was completely new for me @SirLegendary! Thanx for sharing the link!!

Well, we all know the scene where Luke was with his father when he died and at the end of the final movie (now the 6th, since they're making a new one ) returned as part of the force alongside Obi-Wan. So basically, he's not dead, but simply a part of the force now!

I do wonder how this new movie is going to unfold into a trilogy. There's new Stormtroopers appearing (those silver and red ones) which look massively awesome! And the new villian seems like a knight with his cross-saber... hmmm... maybe Armor Games will have a cameo in it? Haha

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I like how everyone is already conjuring theories! You have to admit that the second teaser trailer is far better than the first! We'll just have to wait and see! I for one, won't miss it!

So for now, wait for the official trailer I guess.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I hope Vader is alive. I really do. That would make for some awesome father son closure.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

and how Luke says "My father has it." Does that imply that Vader is alive?

My opinion is the following. Vader clearly died in Luke's arms and was cremated in Return of the Jedi, and the mask in the new teaser trailer is obviously molten/broken, hence we can assume consistency. So Vader is not alive, technically. But like Yoda and Qui-Gon before him, he, what is the correct term, ascended to a spiritual force form? That may be the reason why the present tense is used. That, or it is a stupid mistake.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

My opinion is the following. Vader clearly died in Luke's arms and was cremated in Return of the Jedi, and the mask in the new teaser trailer is obviously molten/broken, hence we can assume consistency. So Vader is not alive, technically. But like Yoda and Qui-Gon before him, he, what is the correct term, ascended to a spiritual force form? That may be the reason why the present tense is used. That, or it is a stupid mistake.

Hmm perhaps he's part of the force now. Since they put him next to obi-wan and Yoda in the end scenes of Return of The Jedi.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I actually can't wait for this. And I'm still in as the cast it seems.

And the new villian seems like a knight with his cross-saber... hmmm... maybe Armor Games will have a cameo in it?

Perhaps this is because it's ArmorGames' 10th anniversary.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I really have high expectations. If the movie sucks, and Battlefront too, death to EA and Lucasfilm.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Wow... just... wow... *facepalms* ...really?! (-.-)
That's another count of others not reading my post...

@SirLegendary @HahiHa

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@MrDayCee I'm sorry <--- *laughing while embarrassed

I didn't mean to sound like that. I was agreeing to what you had said. Also, in a way, Vader is kind of dead, just not fully. Also, I'd like to point out that it may be possible that Vader lived after Luke left him. Maybe? Because Darth Maul was actually alive after Obi-Wan cut him in half. Vader could maybe use the force to communicate since he's too injured to do so physically, like he's in some sort of a coma. After all, the only one who can rival in force abilities with Luke is probably Vader.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

So sorry @MrDayCee! At least, we've come to the same conclusion independently, which is a good sign, right? Hehe...

Also, I'd like to point out that it may be possible that Vader lived after Luke left him. Maybe?

Actually, no, this is not possible. Luke did not leave Vader. He took his father's corpse with him, and later burned him on a funeral pyre, remember?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nbHeqXINBzI/TnN-HEohYPI/AAAAAAAAHkI/49yIUznPOF0/s1600/pyre.jpg

And the very same trailer that spawned this discussion also confirms that Vader's body was burned:
th?id=JN.ezr2GsOTi2XatOexJKuo2w&amp<i class=id=15.1&H=160&W=160" alt="http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=JN.ezr2GsOTi2XatOexJKuo2w&ampid=15.1&H=160&W=160" />

And to be honest, I think it is best they don't try to revive him. It could possibly only be achieved through some very crooked way, and it would prevent the new storyline from fully developing, which would be disappointing. So for the sake of the new movie, I hope Vader stays dead and the story can move on.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I really think it was a great idea to use the old actors to follow with the timeline. Though, what really catches me is the new villain, and how Luke says "My father has it." Does that imply that Vader is alive?

He probably means in spirit. Remember the ending of the 3rd movie.
Luke can see them through the Force. I'm guessing that's what Luke meant.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

"My father has the force within him, just like me and my sister..." that's what Luke is talking about probably. It means they all have a strong attachment to it, which at the same time makes them all very vulnerable for the dark side of it as it grows so strong within their family's heritage of it.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Also, I'd like to point out that it may be possible that Vader lived after Luke left him.

Along with what @Hahiha said, Anakin's spirit also appeared at the burning of Vader's body, along with Obi-wan and Yoda.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

A theory going around is that Luke isn't the one talking.

Also in regards to the force ghost..when I asked someone about it they put it along the lines of: think of it like a Skype call, but from a different deminsion. The call has good reception at first...but eventually the call begins to drop.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

We fail to see that it could have just been scripted that way so that it would cause some hype. Or it was a typo in the script.

Showing 1-15 of 17