ForumsPopular MediaStar Wars: The Force Awakens Trailers (Discussion)

17 15532
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

So, if you Star Wars fan boys (such as myself) haven't seen it yet. You should definitely check it out. It will really bring up some thoughts about the movie.

Trailer #2

I really think it was a great idea to use the old actors to follow with the timeline. Though, what really catches me is the new villain, and how Luke says "My father has it." Does that imply that Vader is alive?

• 17 Replies
Lobotis
Lobotis
75 posts
Nomad

i think it looks cool. i think they are really relying on nostalgia though. also a lot of people are going to be disappointed with this movie. not because its going to be bad but because there expectations are set so high tht they will be disappointed.

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

i see two possible outcomes of that sentence. A. Luke is referring to the fact that Anakin Skywalker is still alive in the Force. B. it is not, in fact, Luke talking. remember, the trailer takes place 50 years after episode 6. in fact, i doubt A. is even possible, unless they have a flashback to BEFORE Vader was killed. there is one more, even more absurd answer, which everyone here will doubt. C. Luke was cyrogenically frozen, right after episode 6, and Vader brought back to life, with, guess what! a bigger and better(ish) suit. but what are the chances of that?

since we are discussing things, if you have read all the post-episode 6 canon and have grown up on it. your. world. is. DEAD!!! star wars is deleting all pre-force-awakens post-episode-6 canon. Geez Louisiana, really star wars? i was grown up on that.

Showing 16-17 of 17