ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Lag/Connections playing games on AG but not elsewhere.

11 3781
Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

I noticed something recently, as I was trying to enjoy Bubble Tanks 3, after about 5 minutes, I would get stuck trying to leave a bubble, like clockwork. Then I had a bit of nostalgia, decided to play Fancy Pants 2, every movement would would cause frame rate drops to the point where I could not see him move until he hits a wall.

So I tried something, I went directly to the websites, HeroInteractive and BorneGames. No issues, I could continue playing without any lag, any freezing or crashes.

Could there be a possible connection issue with whatever server AG is using?

• 11 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Koshionos The frames dropping may be hardware problem, (though I don't know it would run so smoothly on other sites.) If you can, try incognito mode on those games in AG. It may help.

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

Yeah, it ain't hardware (intel i7 processor, 12 GB of RAM, and a 4GB GTX 970 Graphics card). But I'll try incognito, see what happens.

**Update*
Tried incognitus, didn't work.

Now the reason it may run smoothly could be due to being on the home site for those games, but I haven't checked other Flash game sites, like kongre-a-thing-a-ma-jig that I haven't visited in a long time.

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

So after testing a few sites that were also hosting Bubble Tanks 3, I did not encounter the same issue that I do here. Unsure as to why.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Koshionos I've gifted you AFG+, let me know how the experience changes - if it does.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

Do these games run slowly on every browser? I have found that certain games here run sluggishly on Chrome, but work more smoothly on Firefox. I just tried Fancy Pants 2 on Chrome, and I did experience lag, but I opened up the game with Firefox just now and it ran perfectly.

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

@Ferret, tried it again, same results, I usually have my adblocker turned off for AG, so that rules the ads out... I am in the Seattle area, could location possibly have to do with communicating with the AG servers?

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

I tried something else. I pinged Armorgames, and all though there is no packer loss, the time randomly jumps to from 14-16ms to 35 ms, yet other gaming sites are more consistent...

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Whenever the spambots start to post on the site, my framerate drops and the entire site lags.

Pages load slower, some pages go 404 althrough they still exist, games lag etc.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Koshionos @xerox I'm at a loss for how to help, it could be connection to our servers somehow. But our servers are running strong, and all my tests are coming up positive.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

@Ferret Run the tests when the spambots start to post in the forums.

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

@Ferret, thanks for looking into it, I'll see what I can find, @xerox, unfortunately, that is improbable to predict.

Showing 1-11 of 11