ForumsNews and FeedbackMerrits

12 4269
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

I may be living in the past, but there is one thing i regret and that is never getting a merit when i had a chance. So any plans on making a new merit training program any time soon xD ?

• 12 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

The game review merits are still given out.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Mm, does the Half Hump Day counts for count to 100? xD

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@xerox Yes it did, if users counted to 50, then it would be considered. Though, that depends if Gantic doesn't reject the count. Furthermore, if you already won count to 100, you won't get a second merit until you win for the tenth time.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

nope, no merits, so it would be my first c:

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

@nichodemus I can't do any review at all xD back in the days we had a training program, where users were taught how to make proper review, and after countless tryings, if someone finnaly made a perfect review, he recieved a merit, and graduated

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@xerox ah yes, my first two merits were from game reviews. Been a long time since I received one for a review.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

based on what i read, seems like people lately do less and less game Reviews c: So it would be nice to have a training central yet again for newer members to learn how to make a proper game review :P

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I wonder if @Gantic would be interested in redoing SIPPYCUpS

~~~Darth Caedus

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

No. because pretty much nobody was interested in SIPPYCUpS 2.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Because there aren't many people on the forums anyway.

I Still need someone to teach me how to make a good review ;c

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

No, seriously, can someone message me and explain me how to write a good review?

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@xerox

If you really wanted to write a good review, it must be a full review. First off, you must have played the game to a certain extent to know all the aspects of the game and to understand everything about it, which in most cases is fully completing the game so that what you are saying is credible and makes sense. You also must understand that your review is not just to say the good things and the bad things, but to critique the game, to add suggestions and to point out the flaws so that when the developer reads your review, he will say "Oh my, how could I have missed that" or "That's a great idea, it seems implementable."

Now good reviews are always organized, so take your time to organize the introduction, body and conclusion. Think about it like an essay. Your introduction should include at least some sort of short analysis to that transitions into the body. The body should include things like Gameplay, sounds, effects, story, etc. You can call these things sub-bodies, where in gameplay may have it's own paragraph, and so might the others. Now it's up to you to how many major things you will judge, but just note that a full review is the best review, leaving out nothing in the game.

Now your last part is to conclude, basically to summarize everything you've said, and make those really major points stand out. The conclusion may or may not have overall rate the game, but make sure those major points are out.

You can have a choice to say, the good things of a game, or you can leave it out and mainly focus on the bad areas. Either way, just remember, make sure your review doesn't bore the reader to death. An article is always more memorable if you say the things that should be said in a way that keeps everyone hooked.

This is usually how I write reviews. Though, if you really are serious about making outstanding reviews, check out Youtubers who review games in unique ways but still get their point across. My suggestion: AngryJoeShow. Don't listen to what he's reviewing, but try to listen to how he organizes, entertains, and reviews any game. You can learn a lot about reviewing from other reviews.

Showing 1-12 of 12