ForumsWEPRShould the Boston Bomber get the death penalty or life?

56 25508
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

There is a guy named Dzhokhar Tsarnaev who bombed people in Boston during the Boston Marathon and his brother died so he blamed him. Then he wanted life in prison, but people are saying he should die. What do you think? He also flipped off the camera in jail.

• 56 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

He's a psychopath, but death penalty won't accomplish anything, as death penalty is currently less economically-feasible afaik. Life in prison with cells of other psychopaths is a more-suitable punishment.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

He's a psychopath, but death penalty won't accomplish anything, as death penalty is currently less economically-feasible afaik. Life in prison with cells of other psychopaths is a more-suitable punishment.

I agree even though I think he deserves to die. Spending the rest of his miserable life in jail should be a better punishment because he'll die slower that way. Unless he's a coward and takes his own life instead of paying for what he did.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

It was proven that the Boston Bombing was fake. People even pretended they are hurt. All the government had to do is find a scrapegoat. The more insane the better.

They even made a video on YouTube (That was removed of course) How one of the man that had a blown up leg, in fact is a war vet without legs at all. It was all staged.

Second Edit: I can't believe you guys actually believe the bombing was real.... Trust me, Don't.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

It was proven that the Boston Bombing was fake. People even pretended they are hurt. All the government had to do is find a scrapegoat. The more insane the better.

They even made a video on YouTube (That was removed of course) How one of the man that had a blown up leg, in fact is a war vet without legs at all. It was all staged.

I think you're going to have to provide data other than Youtube to fill the burden of proof that the Boston Bombings were faked. Not only were several hundred injured, but three people died. Are the deaths fake too?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Conspiracy theories rarely have any traction, and rightfully so. The sheer number of loose ends, witnesses involved, and factors to consider in a supposed stage attack only serves to prove the bewildering mental gymnastics hoax perpetrators undertake to concoct their baloney. With the advent of the internet, the chances of a hoax being successfully completed would be close to zero.

For example, surely one of hundreds of Jeff's friends, associates, family members would have pointed out that he was a double amputee before the bombing if there was a hoax? Unless to say of course, all of the people who knew him before the bombing were in on the scam?

That would have been some hoax indeed.

------------

I'm at a crossroads on the death penalty. On one hand, I feel that punishment should pragmatically aim to help a person rehabilitate, yet how certain are we that some criminals can turn over a new leaf? Are some crimes in themselves too heinous for a second chance?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I

t was proven that the Boston Bombing was fake. People even pretended they are hurt. All the government had to do is find a scrapegoat. The more insane the better.

I'm at a point in my.life where satire.has become.such an integral part of me that when I see someone HONESTLY believe crap like this my immediate reaction is to reject the idea of the person believing and conclude they must be in on the Poe, too.
Other than that PROVIDE YOUR SOURCES AND STOP WITH THE KIDDY BUZZWORDS TRYING TO MAKE ITNOUT LIKE WE ARE IDIOTS FOR NOT HAVING "HURR DURR CUNSPORASSEE" AS OUR DEFAULT

-----

As for the death penalty I really honestly don't care, so long as he isn't allowed amongst the public

Second Edit: I can't believe you guys actually believe the bombing was real.... Trust me, Don't

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'm at a crossroads on the death penalty. On one hand, I feel that punishment should pragmatically aim to help a person rehabilitate, yet how certain are we that some criminals can turn over a new leaf? Are some crimes in themselves too heinous for a second chance?

When someone is welcomed to a country and commit such an atrocious crime against innocent people who haven't done anything wrong to him, should be harshly punished.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

why don't we take it old school. Execution by blood eagle. Whatever he gets is too good for him.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Oh I have no doubts that such villains need to be dealt with appropriately @SSTG! I just am not certain on how they should be punished, mainly because I have vacillating thoughts on what punishment should achieve. Should it aim to rehabilitate, or is it a form of tit for tat retaliation? Is it to send a strong message to the public?

Would life imprisonment be too merciful a judgement upon a criminal? After all, they are still granted a life, a half-life perhaps, but still a life. Given that prison environments are improving on the whole, with work correction programs, limited entertainment facilities, prisoners might not feel that jail is as harsh a punishment. On the flip side, some criminals welcome the death sentence, as they feel that prison is a loathsome cage suffocating them.

I used to be pro-capital punishment, but cracks are forming in my mindset.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

My question is, is death too easy a judgement? Is death an ultimate end or an easy way out? What is the point of a punishment if you just give someone the easy way out?

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

- Proof that the video is real. At the 0.12 second it shows the same people that are in the first youtube video, so we can clearly say that this is real and from the Boston Bombing.

NSFW(Not Safe For View) : Has lot of gore. Don't watch if you can't take those stuff

SFW link. this is now NSFW, its from afar. the NSFW is up close :

Something to think about :

Based on my sources something like this happened :

My sources tell that the bombs were suppsoed to not be real, but the bombs exploded for real. This was all staged, by actors, but the worst thing is that the bombs were really there.

I prefer to believe in conspiracies, because they happen all the time.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Some of you are forgetting that inflicting pain onto him that he did on others does not make anyone any better than him. If we rid the world of him, we can prioritize better things. For example, the inmates who actually deserve second chances in life.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Where are all the links i linked O.o

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

At the 0.12 second it shows the same people that are in the first youtube video, so we can clearly say that this is real and from the Boston Bombing

Like are you being serious with that statement or did you honestly just type that out thinking "yep this is what I want to say to prove my asinine 'theory''?

My sources tell that the bombs were suppsoed to not be real, but the bombs exploded for real. This was all staged, by actors, but the worst thing is that the bombs were really there.

>bombs weren't supposed to be real
>bombs ended up actually being real
>it's ok everyone faked it
You aren't even trying to make sense.

because they happen all the time

No they don't. You're just paranoid.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Proof that the video is real. [...]
Let me guess:
1 Government has some goal.
2 It decides upon the single most outlandish, irrational, and counterproductive way of reaching it.
3 It makes a huge mess of everything.
4 It somehow deceives everyone except one or two obsessive paranoiacs.
5 Paranoiacs happen to have exhaustive supply of "top secret" information on hand.
6 One of them makes a tell-all video that is inexplicably immune to any form of government censorship.

Where are all the links i linked O.o
The thought police are coming for you. Run now.
Showing 1-15 of 56