ForumsPopular MediaLate to the Scene: Why your music taste sucks

6 5627
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So lately I have gotten into the band Asobi Seksu, a wonderful shoegaze-esque band that has long since moved on. This last part is important, as I have a tendency to be late to the show (per we) when it comes to discovering bands/artists (from Killer Mike & El-P to Gojira to Battles etc), as most of them have already established themselves, or have already moved on to other works.

So, what are some bands/artists you have recently gotten into that are already quote established (not in the sense of well known, but at least made a decent amount of works and/or has been around for a few years and had their 'break'*), and what made you finally discover them?

With Asobi Seksu, I first heard their song on EternalEnvy's stream..and thankfully someone was spamming what the song title was. I listened to it a few times, but only recently looked into other songs by the band.

[[*For example: Anamanaguchi has been around for a while, and while they aren't particularly famous or well known, they have a decent following and have played on Jimmy Kimmel]]

• 6 Replies
Showing 76-75 of 6