ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] King of towers

5 1834
mynoch
mynoch
5 posts
Peasant

Sorry if this was already posted. I was unable to find any previous thread.

Currently(April 28th 2015) this game downloads the trovi virus. This causes search protect, shopperz, orbit, among other programs to install. Can this please be removed as this is a great game?

• 5 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I'm a little confused here @mynoch... there's no download required for this game to play, so I don't understand how you come to believe that the trovi virus is downloaded?

I notified the staff about this nontheless. Please await their reply here, ok? Thanx!

mynoch
mynoch
5 posts
Peasant

I found the trovi virus on my system, which it changes browser settings, which allows other malware. I removed the trovi and other malware via manual unistall, then checking the files were deleted, then virus scan showing clean, then a reboot. I came back the next day and tried King of Towers, and the trovi and malware were back. I did the above to remove all again. I tried King of Towers again to confirm, and found it all back. I have not had this issue with other great games on armor games, such as the gem craft series. Hopefully this issue can be fixed as King of Towers is a really well done game and has potential to be profitable.

You are correct, the game does not require a download in the full sense.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

trovi is not a virus but a search engine addon. You most likely downloaded it unknowingly in a bundle with other freeware services. It is painfully annoying to get rid of and re-installs itself as soon as you get rid of it using another program called search protect (also included in the bundle).

Example of programs which include the bundle:

HyperCam, Cnet Installer, VLC Player, BsPlayer and many others.

It is very important that when you download something, you read through every section and disable these optional programs. Or simply just don't download anything that says it is free.

It has nothing to do with AG or King of Towers. The best thing to do is hit up google and read up on how to uninstall these 2 programs

for windows it would be something like this:

1. Click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program (or click Programs and Features).
3. Look for Search Protect and trovi in the list of programs.
4. Double-click the application to uninstall.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@mynoch Are you playing this on our website, or downloading an installer somewhere?

mynoch
mynoch
5 posts
Peasant

@Ferret I am playing directly from the website. There is no installer that I can see.

@wierdlike: Thank you for your post. The process listed is part of the manual uninstall I use. The full manual uninstall process I use is
1. Close the program from the task manager.
2. I check for a uninstall in the programs folder. If present, I use that.
3. Check control panel and uninstall from there if still present.

@DrDyeCree Thank you, and everyone else for your time. I implemented some additional browser, mozzilla firefox, safeguards and there has not been a reoccurance of this issue with trovi. I apologize if this game is not the cause and thank you all again for your help. King of Towers is working great

Showing 1-5 of 5