ForumsQuestsSum Points Quests

11 8089
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

These are some tricky Quests for Sum Points.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17710/media/icon/0c8f4619bc82071e0fe75a2014185f12.png?v=1430434206&vv=1430434207
Puzzle Novice
Levels 1-16 complete.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17710/media/icon/3d395ff00165617ce9574e3014fcb184.png?v=1430434236&vv=1430434237
Puzzle Adept
Levels 17-41 complete.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17710/media/icon/328cdd94b3af18e682baf2b8ec872f2a.png?v=1430434270&vv=1430434271
Puzzle Master
All secret levels found and solved.
Hardness: Hard

• 11 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Nice sequel to the first game! Interesting...

ChapZ
ChapZ
2,136 posts
Duke

It`s almost the same game And I can only enjoy the first levels.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Ugh. I'm just solving these by trial and error. Is there actually any logic to knowing exactly where to place these blobs or do I just eliminate squares and place them anywhere they can't not be until it works? It's not really a logic/math/puzzle game.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

Not necessarily a bad game, but heavily hampered by the interface.

Please tell the devs the following(since there was obviously enough time to create quests):

"The controls need work - would be extremely useful to drag around the blocks, since order is irrelevant in the final solution."

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

It's not really a logic/math/puzzle game.

Some of the puzzles are easier solved by doing the math in advance, but there is a heavy presence of trial and error. At least the levels do not have to be completed in order. I will give this game that.

It is a step down from Sum Tracks, but there are still some enjoyable elements to it.

"The controls need work - would be extremely useful to drag around the blocks, since order is irrelevant in the final solution."

One alternative would be to give the player the ability to select which blocks they would like to place rather than do it in the order they are given in. A combination of both would render the undo button almost useless, which would not be a terrible thing.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

@Gantic there is definitely SOME logic... the way I started to attempt each level was to total the numbers on the playing fields, which will tell you the total amount you need to subtract. Then you can use a spreadsheet to input all the pieces you need to place, and calculate how many numbers each one has to hit to reach the total on the playing field. Finally, you list the combinations that will add up to reach each number; generally speaking, you can then use cross-reference those lists and figure out a majority of what must go with what... and then placement becomes a lot easier. Basically, you can use Sudoku-style logic.

For the secrets... they're tough just to find! I highly recommend you guys work together to find them. And if you wind up, collectively, stuck... I might be able to provide a hint.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

@Tasslefoot Yeah, you totally can do this with an excel spreadsheet, but that's not really that fun any more. It would be nice to have an interface that did that(which would be totally reasonable). A lot of times, you end up with just a single number off, and then you have to undo half the #s to try something. This is particularly relevant when you get 8 numbers or something.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

@Tasselfoot. I guess I'm not missing anything. I was hoping this was something that could be done mentally through (advanced) elimination techniques. I'd rather not break out the matrices and linear algebra, because then that's no fun.

I'm at 37 through trial-and-error and getting lucky and it looks like only two people beat all the levels right now.

miklothegamer
miklothegamer
348 posts
Count

I finished all the levels but didn't get the achievement. So I kept playing and got the secret levels and didn't get that achievement either. After finishing everything I went back to the main menu, and then I got the quests. Just in case anyone else was experiencing that also.

Raani
Raani
21 posts
Jester

Just like the other games by Elio, this one is interesting and hard.
Math is not really my friend. Ha ha.

The secret levels are confusing and you just need to find them, I got the quest solving only 7 out of 9.

JRiikola90
JRiikola90
12 posts
Nomad

I can't take a screenshot on Windows 10, but I completed levels 1-16 in order and didn't get the quest. I tried refreshing the page.

Showing 1-11 of 11