ForumsNews and FeedbackSuggestion for quest system

10 3576
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Copied from here. Because it got no response and thought this place would be more approriate.

Idea/Suggestion for Quest system.

To have a rank based on the amount of quests earned.

e.g.

0 Quest - Civilian
1-10 Quests - Quester
11-25 Quests - Helper
26-100 Quests - Sir
101-200 Quests - Warrior
201-500 Quests - Hero

and so on.

I think it should be easy to create, but then again, i don't know how to program.

• 10 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Yes I think this is a better place to suggest.

It seems like a great idea, I don't see why not. Though were some hints from the AG team coming from Ferret that a points system will return so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

SirPuddington
SirPuddington
202 posts
Treasurer

Return? So we had one at one point?
If we've had one before, there must have been a good reason as to why they took it away.

It would be awesome if there was something like this though, hopefully having this would make completing quests more popular. Have some sort of thing underneath your name.

It'd be pretty epic if there was something in the edit profile that put something underneath the name tag. For example, Sir Dairy has Knight. 10 quests completed gives the user the "Quester" tag, 500 would give them Hero tag.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@SirPuddington They took it away because it invited spam to the site. I guess the AG team is working on some way to have a point system whilst avoiding user spam for points.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

I don't think it is a very good idea though, because since Quests keep growing in numbers, they would have to make new ranks like that or making the limits bigger and I think this would be a problem. But let's see what the AG team has to offer.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

They can use their creativity, or widen limits.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Gogotank You have a very good point there, that's why the points system for quests is arguably better.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Armor Points were unlimited before too and yet we had a fine ranking system. It's not like it's impossible, unless you plan on using the same system for decades...

ChapZ
ChapZ
2,136 posts
Duke

The rank could be about percentage. Like:

10% of quests completed - Quester
15% - Helper
etc

This way you would avoid rank creation and if a user become inactive, he would, eventually, lose a rank because of the growing of quests.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

I don't think it is a very good idea though, because since Quests keep growing in numbers, they would have to make new ranks like that or making the limits bigger and I think this would be a problem.

It could work if the highest rank was some high number of quests that nobody would reach for years, as no new ranks would have to be added.

The ranks would have to be very close together, otherwise the people near the top would go weeks or even months without reaching the next rank, since new quests are only added on a weekly basis.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

The rank could be about percentage. Like:

10% of quests completed - Quester
15% - Helper
etc

This way you would avoid rank creation and if a user become inactive, he would, eventually, lose a rank because of the growing of quests.

This is actually a great idea! Although I think this kind of system would need mainly two prerequisites to be ideal:
1) It would need a large amount of ranks to stay attractive, at least in the lower half (so as to allow beginners to climb up the ranks without getting stuck at one rank early on); and
2) point/rank system applies to quests only, forum posts and other parts have their own system (this I would support irrespective of this discussion).
Showing 1-10 of 10