ForumsNews and Feedback[Answered] Thread pruning?

4 3968
GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

So on other forums I'm more accustomed to posting in, there is a system in which only a certain amount of threads can exist at once before threads start getting automatically &quotruned" or removed. Has AG considered utilizing this? It would certainly declutter things on these forums, as we wouldn't have to sift through hundreds upon thousands of pages of threads, some of which haven't seen activity in years.

• 4 Replies
Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

There are very few circumstances in which one would actually have to sift through that many threads. You can use the forum search if there is something you want to find specifically.

If the old ones were to be automatically pruned, it would not have any effect on perceived clutter because the first ones to go would be the last ones you would see. The only threads that would be deleted automatically would be the ones that aren't hurting anyone by being there, should they do it in order of how early the most recent reply was.

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

That's true. I suppose seeing hundreds of pages of threads is just a little disorienting for me...something to get used to I guess ^^

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Also, that way we can keep track of things. The past is always good council to the future.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The idea itself is a good one @GhostOfNinja, but the process would have unwanted side effects as well... Armor Games has Forums that go back to as early as 2008, with a lot of content that has to be conserved. Not only for reference purposes, but also for users to enjoy looking back at. A lot of users made a big effort in creating fun games, incredible art, thoughtful discussions and informative game reviews and walkthroughs. If such a feature were to be implemented, all of this would be lost...

So, to conclude... good idea, but I'm certain this won't be implemented.

Showing 1-4 of 4