ForumsThe TavernDon't talk to dogs on the street.

7 3155
spudkikz
spudkikz
7 posts
Peasant

So this happened last night.... Cruising around looking for my friend b/c we were going camping. It was around 10 o clock when we see a dog walking around. We think its lost so we roll down the windows and try to make it come over to us. This huge guy walks out from nowhere and yells hey at us. We freak and take off down the road, only to find out that its a dead end. So instead of turning around and booking it, my friend who was driving decides its a good idea to park in the neighbors driveway.
After sitting there for about 30 seconds, I tell him that we need to get out of there. The whole time the guy is standing in his driveway, staring at us. My friends sucks at backing up, so he hits bushes on both sides of the driveway while trying to turn around. By the time we have gotten turned around, the guy has moved his car into the road, blocking half the road between his and another car. He stand in between the two cars and yells at us to shut the car down.
My friend turns it off and rolls down the window. The guy comes over and we arent able to read him at all. He starts asking why we were trying to steal his dog. We explain that we thought it was lost, but he doesnt belive us. He s like , "SO how come you took off so fast then?"
Mr friend replies "You scared the heck out of us and we got scared.
"I scared you! huh?"
"yeah.."

At this point he reaches into the car."Give me your keys, you guys are done driving for the night. I called the cops and they are on their way."
So he is reaching around the ignition searching for the keys. My friend luckily had taken it out and was holding it in his hand. In a split second, my friend starts the car and we narrowly escape through the gap in the street between the cars. We beat it out of there and lose him before he could try to follow us. Pretty crazy huh? WHat do you guys think of this? Im sure im missing a lot of details, but i was scared witless, even though we did nothing wrong .. to a point.

• 7 Replies
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

You did a Hit-and-Run on a poor bushs family.Im sure G.W. Bush will have his revenge sooner or later. If i were you i wouldnt go near a muslims guy or ever deal with Petorlium ever.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Cruising around looking for my friend b/c we were going camping. It was around 10 o clock

Strange time to go camping.

He said he called the cops in that 30 sec period? He totally lied. Average police non-emergency calls take at least two minutes.

spudkikz
spudkikz
7 posts
Peasant

You did a Hit-and-Run on a poor bushs family.
It was pretty funny because not even five minutes before that all happened the driver was telling me how bad at backing up he is. He has definitely proved it multiple times!

Strange time to go camping.
haha We have a tradition of doing an all-nighter each year and this time we decided to go camping for it.
He totally lied.
Yeah I figured there was no way since he was staring at us for the whole time. Good thing my friend eventually figured out that he should start it and leave. I bet he was going to call the cops after he stole the keys but just wanted to sound bigger. I also forgot to mention that as we were driving away he was trying to open the door and he was pounding on the windows.It's actually pretty funny how dumb this guy was now that it's over with.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Bushes were kind of eh.

But the guy wasn't being rational when he wanted your keys and didn't hear you guys out. Maybe you guys kind of had no business taking the dog in the first place... Did it have a collar? If it did maybe it was a better idea to let it wander off, dogs usually know where home is. Unless they hate home, or it's a new home.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Did this really happen?

spudkikz
spudkikz
7 posts
Peasant

the guy wasn't being rational
He was smoking a cig and may have been high... He did not seem to have much sense about him, especially since we could have run him over instead of stopping haha.

Did this really happen?

It was kind of a freak accident, but it did happen. Ha my friend learned lots of what to do next time an angry stranger approaches him, like only roll down the window a crack instead of the whole thing. Also just to leave lonely dogs lonely.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

even though we did nothing wrong

I have to argue with you at this point in the story. You did nothing wrong. Your friend could have done many things differently to have kept you out of a dangerous situation.

Parking in a random driveway would have not been a bad idea had you been a few miles away from the man and not on the same road where he could probably see your every move. At least your friend turned around eventually, but he did not even try to get around the other car. If the man was truly crazy, he could have tried to run your friend off the road, but at this point in the story, it sounds like he was already out of the car and not even in the gap in the street.

This is only my take on your experience, but I would say your friend's biggest mistake was rolling the window down far enough so that the man could reach his hand far enough into the car to reach the ignition. If he really wanted to talk to this complete stranger, who could be carrying a concealed weapon, he could have rolled the window down less than an inch and the conversation could have gone the same, but without the man reaching his arm across your friend to grab his keys. This is the point in the story where it would have made the most sense to call the police, because he would have seen and heard you do it.

It is lucky that this stranger was as "dumb" as you say he was. With the way your friend handled the situation up until you finally hightailed it out, this man could have done a lot more damage than he did.

Showing 1-7 of 7