ForumsThe TavernAchievement Unlocked: Graduate from High School

17 9977
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Yesterday was the local graduation ceremony, I managed to walk across that stage and receive my diploma as one of the top students in the class.

Now I'm in a mix of happyness and sadness as I think about what lies ahead and what I'll be leaving behind.

~~~Darth Caedus

• 17 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You're still going to come visit me right? Drink some fancy liquids, talk about the next Star Wars movie, and thumb wrestling just like always, right?

Oh yeah almost forgot to say congratulations. Congratulations!

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Let's see

*checks spy bots*

You live in [REDACTED] right? Sure, I'll drop by.

~~~Darth Caedus

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Going to add to that.

7. High school parties, are kiddie hangouts compared to college parties

and congratulations

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Congrats to you! Looks like a few of you lot will be doing the same soon.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

lol so old, next you'll tell me about how your back hurts or ask on how to clean your dentures lol old farts just roll over and die already =^)

Congrats though.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Could've sworn this same thread was made last year

Anyways college is boring have fun

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Urgh... I have to leave school next year. (Or this year if I really screw up my exams.) I only have a vague idea of what I want to do, and no idea where I want to study it.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Here in Israel you dont realy have to wander what will happen next -3 years being in the army for everyone (girls just 2).

You will miss high school but you will also be so relif. No more exams, classes and so on (up until you start going to university). Take it easy, dont rush or make stuiped decision just to go all grown up like renting a house or stuffs like that. If you have money, go travel aboard. Visit some places, find a job and learn how to take care of yourself. Then go back home, plan a head a little and start this game of life. Good luck!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Congrats! Also going to add to Matt's list:

8: No more bullying. Nobody knows you enough to do that in a huge class

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

1) I was that guy who was always in the back, just one of my traits from extreme youth
2) I am very strict with my usage of the term friend versus acquaintance, very few are who I would term "friend" compared to how many would use the term in relation to me.
3) I stopped caring about dress code about 2 months in, I honestly don't care what I'm wearing either.
4) I know the tale of the $300 college text books, what happens when you buy the wrong book etc. I also know the tale of used books, so that'll help.
5) never had any
6) I already throw myself under the bus
7) Never went to any
8) Only a problem in the first 2 years, faded away in the last 2 years, but then again, I spent most of those last 2 years in AP and Duel Credit classes

lol so old, next you'll tell me about how your back hurts or ask on how to clean your dentures lol old farts just roll over and die already =^)

GET OFF MY LAWN

Congrats!!* looks up the difference between college and high school* oh ****.

Yeah, I'm hopeful I'll be able to survive college, it will require some fixing in my habits though.

~~~Darth Caedus

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

@Jacen96 Where are you planning on going if you feel comfortable telling us?

Also there are plenty of *cough* free *cough* methods of getting your textbooks.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Congrats Jacen! Last semester is when I actually finished college, and now I have to wait for two things: My degree (because those...those....JERKS....never gave me it in the mail yet!) and the time to sign up for P.A. school. I have to wait a whole year to enroll, meanwhile, I have no schooling to take and I rake in cash by teaching entry-level laboratory courses (while the professors oversee the whole curriculum of course).

What's your major gonna be? Depending on where you go, you may or may not have S.I. sessions or Field Exams!

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Congrtulations.

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

Congrats! I'm leaving school in 16 days, but technically "graduating" In 25 days (It's a lot different in the UK) But good luck in whatever you choose to do!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Congratulations @Jacen96!

Oh, how long it has been for me already... Phew! Times flies...

Don't worry about what lies ahead... remember all the good stuff and keep those, forget about the bad stuff is all I can say. And see the future as a bright new world to explore! Dive in and grow!

Showing 1-15 of 17