ForumsThe TavernCharlie Charlie challenge...

16 10320
realmton
realmton
241 posts
Jester

Well I guess you heard about the Charlie Charlie challenge and some of you probably even tried it and it might just have got a wrong turn (you know that feeling when you ask him if he's there and the pencil is moving towards 'yes' and you are like: (O_O) and also start running or destroying the paper and the pencils) or nothing happens and you think it is just very lame.
But if you are 'sneaky' enough and make someone play with you and somehow make the pencils move you can scare him really bad (trust me I tried). So did you ever tried this challenge and how did it end up or do you think it is just stupid and another internet 'creation' (because it was first seen on Twitter and it went viral in a short time).

• 16 Replies
etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

NEVER PLAY THE CHARLIE CHALLENGE IT WORSHIPS SATAN AND INVITES EVIL INTO YOUR HEART (CHRISTIAN IS ME)

realmton
realmton
241 posts
Jester

Lol I just asked if you tried it.

http://s21.postimg.org/h5iejmjjr/******.png

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Yes I did a variation of the challenge by putting using manga books and asking "Oh EE-sama, are you there?"

It was very scary because my Dota 2 turned on and I started gaining mmr but at the same time I got low priority and couldn't get out so I opted for watching anime since my team are FEEDERS! Needless to say I joined a professional team and now we are known for getting 3rd-2nd place but never win. =)

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

Charlie Charlie Challenge is just Gravity

There is something I would like to know for those of you who did or have believed that this challenge really summons Charlie.

So you draw a grid, with the options YES and NO in alternating corners, then you ask a demon named Charlie if he's there. If the pencil points towards yes, people conclude that Charlie is there and they become frightened, but what conclusion is drawn if the pencil turns towards the NO side of the grid?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

NEVER PLAY THE CHARLIE CHALLENGE IT WORSHIPS SATAN AND INVITES EVIL INTO YOUR HEART (CHRISTIAN IS ME)
Dude; you're talking about a children's game played with pencils. Calm down.
GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

So you draw a grid, with the options YES and NO in alternating corners, then you ask a demon named Charlie if he's there. If the pencil points towards yes, people conclude that Charlie is there and they become frightened, but what conclusion is drawn if the pencil turns towards the NO side of the grid?

I don't believe in the game by any stretch of the imagination, but the premise is that Charlie is always there; if the pencil points towards yes, he's willing to answer your questions, and if it points towards no, you have to wait until later to get your questions answered.

Scarlet53
Scarlet53
167 posts
Shepherd

I haven't done it just because I don't like the fact that it supposedly involves magic, dark magic. I'm against that.

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

I haven't done it just because I don't like the fact that it supposedly involves magic, dark magic. I'm against that.

You don't necessarily have to believe in magic to do it. It's like an Ouija board, I doubt many people believe that an inanimate object is omniscient, but it can still be fun to play with once in a while.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i tried it so i could get some selfish gaim from the help of a demon, too bad its just an internet game

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So the Charlie Charlie challenge is where you put a pencil ontop of another pencil and see it move?

I've been doing that as early as the first grade. Even back then I knew my pencil wasn't manipulated by evil demons, unless we're talking about math. I hated math.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I tried the challenge yesterday. I asked Charlie if he was there. Instead of pointing to Yes or No, the pencil turned around and stabbed me repeatedly without anyone holding it. I took that as a maybe.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I tried it, but oddly enough the pencils lifted up and wrote out "My name is Jack".
Safe to say the challenge doesn't work.

[quote=MattEmAngel]something about ouija boards[/qoute]

Ouija boards are you and company moving it..you just don't realize it.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

No, not quite as fun. Literally just you subconsciously moving the piece.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

How do you not notice that you're moving it yourself then...?Like, you're using a blindfold or something?'Cause if you use a blindfold you can't see what It's saying so...
If you try it blindfolded, you get nonsense anyway. It's just a matter of how long you can keep your hands still and how eager you are to get a response.
Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

How do you not notice that you're moving it yourself then...?

That is how the ideomotor effect works.
Showing 1-15 of 16