ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] CPU Leak

8 1710
Adondra
Adondra
6 posts
Farmer

Checked this on several computers, different browsers, only occurs on Armor Games site. After 4PM Eastern Time (UTC -5:00), I notice a spike in CPU usage to 23-30%, before this my computer averages 3-6% on intensive games. Keeping pages open before 4PM I don't see this issue, but after 4PM opening any game page I have noticeable lag and can watch the CPU run 23-30%.

• 8 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Adondra Is this true in all browsers? On all pages? We need a bit more information here. Clearly our website doesn't just spike CPU usage, that's something we'd hear about from a lot of people. Could be a specific ad, so if you see an certain ad doing this please do let me know as well.

Adondra
Adondra
6 posts
Farmer

Tested in chrome and IE problem persists. Main page usually idles CPU at 1-3%, right now it idles between 8-12%. In game pages a persistent ad I see is above 'About the Developer', it is a video ad: foodplanet.

Adondra
Adondra
6 posts
Farmer

Update: Appears to be that square ad after 4PM. Here in forums, the banner ads are not causing any issues. Having same spike on main page.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Adondra Could you take a screenshot of the ad? I'll get it looked at.

Adondra
Adondra
6 posts
Farmer

Main Page: http://tinypic.com/r/11grepy/8

Game Page: http://tinypic.com/r/9l8qp1/8

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Adondra Thanks for letting us know! I've gifted you a week of AFG+ while we look into it, that should remove the ads.

Adondra
Adondra
6 posts
Farmer

@Ferret Updating you, hopefully to help with the check. I logged out to check the ads, and the AdChoices ads are not causing the CPU issue, so if you can check by ad sources, that one isn't a culprit.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Adondra Yep, we found the guy. He should be gone now, let me know if you see him again.

Showing 1-8 of 8