ForumsNews and FeedbackUploading Images?

7 3710
GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

So it appears that right now, images can only be included with your post if they can already be found online. I'm pretty experienced with forums that allow you to upload images directly from your computer, which makes things much more convenient as you're not forced to use sites like Photobucket to host images. How feasible is implementation of something like that? I think it could certainly spice things up on here; I know that I'd include images with my posts much more often if this feature were provided.

• 7 Replies
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Disqus has that feature, so you wouldn't have to go far.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Direct uploading of pictures could be especially beneficial for art threads or armatar contests. However most people that are participating now must have accounts on image sharing websites already.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Yup, it's definitely much harder to upload them on third party websites, wish you could do it here.

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

What is disqus?

Also I'm all game for using our own pics.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

@TheAngelOfWar

Disqus is the system AG uses to power commenting on profiles and games.

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

Most easy for me is: http://prnt.sc/ (lightshot).
It uses the servers of Imgur and this images will not go away.

Ag making an own upload system would be stupid and so 2010.... :s
Lightshot has also a perfect application for print-screens and easy uploading

@SirLegendary why is it harder for you ? if you upload on AG or on IMGUR/prtscn.. it's the same... ??

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@andelhofs, I don't know if you realized this or not, but you're going to have to open up another site, upload your image, get your direct link, and then paste that link here. Whereas if there was just one upload button here with one of those blue buttons, a lot of the process would be removed, making the whole thing much faster and more effecient.

Showing 1-7 of 7