ForumsSupport Forum[Solved] CRITICAL ISSUE

9 4876
DubstepNinja88
DubstepNinja88
4 posts
Nomad

I play The Last Stand: Dead Zone here on Armorgames.com

However, my issue has little or nothing at all to do with the game itself. First, so that you'll understand just how serious this issue is, let me explain some things about the game itself.

You take your survivors and go on missions at different locations in the city. When you enter a mission zone, you have seven minutes to complete the area and get back to the green "exit zone" before time runs out. If time runs out while you are not on the green zone, you die and lose all your progress, then you have to use items and sometimes even fuel (the game's cash currency) to repair your characters or be forced to wait a literal week for some of these injuries to heal.

Now, my problem is with your website. I understand that you must use ads for revenue. I have no problem with this. It's common among many sites to do so. However, most ads do not CRASH the game you're playing while you're in the middle of a mission.

Time and time and time again, in fact literally every time I turn the game on, at some point I am jerked out of full screen, the game freezes up, and I get a "script not responding" message. Below are some examples:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://js.moatads.com/spotx9823sdfhj92g2837hd/moatvideo.js:119

Script: http://js.moatads.com/brollscout93xo/moatvideo.js:161

Script: http://ds.serving-sys.com/Burs…//Ad_2_46_3_0/ebStdBannerEx.js:120

Script: http://js.moatads.com/brollscout93xo/moatvideo.js:34

Script: http://ds.serving-sys.com/Burs…//Ad_2_46_3_0/ebStdBannerEx.js:93

Script: http://b.scorecardresearch.com/rs/vce_st.js:1

Now, I have no idea what these scripts are, but by the wordings, they appear to be ads. Advertisements are meant to be ambient, catching the eye and drawing interested persons into checking out what is offered.

Obviously, ads are NOT supposed to hijack and crash your game, causing all of your people to get caught out of the green zone and die, plus leaving you to wait 3 hours for them to return home before you can go out with them again. Now, what on earth could be causing this problem, and how can it be fixed? If this is intentional, and its some kind of strategy to coerce players rather forcefully into purchasing an ad-free mode, it's incredibly underhanded. However, I'd really like to assume that is not the case.

I can't imagine you'd be doing this to everyone who doesn't purchase the ad free mode, or nobody would want anything to do with your site.

So this has to be some kind of programming problem, but it's happening through all sorts of different ads and doesn't seem to be a single source. I can only assume its an issue with the way these ads are being run on the site. I'm not sure what the system is, but this problem is absolutely crippling. I literally cannot play my game, because these "script errors" are crashing my game over and over and over and over. When this happens, the ONLY solution is to use task manager to close firefox and reload everything. I'm still out a run and stuck waiting 3 hours for my team to return from a mission that yielded no results for me whatsoever due to this error.

Please help me. I feel that I cannot use this website because of this problem. These ads are aggressively hijacking my gaming, causing me to die and lose time, effort, and resources, and generally making my life suck terribly.

Please please please help me. This is a SERIOUS problem. I did not see any way to contact support about this technical issue other than to use this public forum, so I can only pray someone will see this message and respond and/or do something to address this nightmare for me.

If you've gotten this message, thank you for reading, and thank you in advance for your efforts in correcting this horrendous problem.

• 9 Replies
fightclub0815
fightclub0815
7 posts
Farmer

For me it sounds, you have malware and adware on your pc, cause of so much ads.

I don't think that ads are a programming problem,

- try first clean your Pc from Malware and Adware, (with your antivirus, if its not going with your antivirus, you can download for free maybe -> spypot serch and destroy)
- update all your flash player and shockwave player ( if you don't have shockwave then download)

*Mod-edit by UnleashedUponMankind: no, talking about such things is not allowed*

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

and I don't know really if i can write this here in forum, but everybody is using already AdBlockers, search google for one and add to your browser, its for free

@fightclub0815 Well now you do! Don't! Seriously, don't!

As for your issue @DubstepNinja88 if an ad is crashing your game it isprobably some kind of malware. Go with what fightclub stated above, and please notify us if it scanning your computer and removing malware doesn't work!@ thanks

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Sounds like malware indeed @DubstepNinja88, just like @fightclub0815 says... but to make sure, let's ask @Ferret and wait for his response. He shoud be in office in about 6 hours from now, ok?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

So this has to be some kind of programming problem, but it's happening through all sorts of different ads and doesn't seem to be a single source. I can only assume its an issue with the way these ads are being run on the site.
I must say, that's a rather narrow minded conclusion. Given the popularity of Dead Zone and the severity of the issue, doesn't it strike you as odd that no one else made a thread about it? This is the closest thing I could find, and it's 3 years old. I looked through the last two days-worth of comments on the game page and only found two mentions of crashing; neither of them ad-related. If you're still thinking that AG is at fault here, please consider the following:

1 AG doesn't support any of these adware scripts. The ads it hosts are from googleadservices.com, doubleclick.net, and cpmstar.com.
2 Except on the main page, all of AG's ads are in banner format and they load faster than a flash game, so the ones you're getting are outside AG's cotrol.
3 If your browser crashes due to a scripting error, AG is not to blame for your browser's crashing.

DubstepNinja88
DubstepNinja88
4 posts
Nomad

Thanks to everyone, I appreciate the advice!

@FishPreferred It sounds as though you're on the defensive. I wasn't trying to offend you. I am of course open to suggestions and don't pretend to know for certain what is going on. If I did, I'd have solved the problem already. Please try to understand:
1 - I thought it was an issue with the site because it happens ONLY on this site and no where else. If I play DZ on Facebook, I don't have this problem. If I go anywhere on the entire internet, I don't have this problem.
2 - I have no idea who's behind these script links. They are jumbles of random letters and are confusing to read. When the most coherent thing I can make out is "moatads", well, I'm certainly no coding expert, so I don't know these things from adam.
3 - I haven't been online in 2 years... so lying dormant in wait for me to sign onto a specific game on a specific site to strike and get me killed on said specific game is not a trick I have seen any adware or malware pull before. It seems new to me and did not occur to me it could have been the cause, especially considering...
4 - I have and run antivirus and malware protection.

However, it's certainly possible and based on this feedback even highly likely that this protection is not adequate, so my next step is to investigate more sincere forms of adware protection for my PC.

Again, I wasn't trying to offend anyone here, but if you put yourself in my shoes and think about the fact that it was ONLY happening on THIS site to me... how I could have thought it might be an issue with the ad programming on AG.

Thanks everyone for the assistance and feedback, and if employing these suggestions does not fix the problem I will return with new intel. Thanks again!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@DubstepNinja88 I've granted you one month of AFG+, which means you shouldn't see *any* ads on Dead Zone (though be sure to clear cache first if you do). If you then still see ads, you'll know they aren't our ads - and can take action on them.

Let me know what happens.

DubstepNinja88
DubstepNinja88
4 posts
Nomad

Thank you @Ferret !!

This should definitely help me as any ads that do show up during this period will be unauthorized and will surely be adware. I downloaded spybot search and destroy and it's doing a full system scan now. I'm about 1/3 complete, it's a very slow scan, but hopefully that means its a *thorough* scan. If I can just weed out the source of the ads that keep crashing my game, I'll have this problem beat!

DubstepNinja88
DubstepNinja88
4 posts
Nomad

Well, I just did TWO runs with not a single "script not responding" game crash. This is unprecedented! I waited to get back on after my spybot scan completed. It found many, many issues to fix! Now that it's cleaned house for me, I think my problem may be fixed.

Thanks so much guys for the advice and assistance!! I hate to call it prematurely; often its right when a problem is fixed that it comes back around on me double time... but this is the first time I've been able to play a whole session without any crashes, so it looks like I just may be out of the woods.

Again, thanks so much!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

So glad this worked.

Showing 1-9 of 9