ForumsForum GamesRISK --Signups--

31 12452
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

RISK is going to be a tournament luckbased game, consisting of 8-16 players that roll dice in order to see if you can capture their 'base' or not. To win, One player must capture over 75% of the bases (6 over 8, 12 over 16) or all of the bases, depending on the tourney type and whether or not people actually want to try. Here are the rules:
--RULES--
1. Both 'teams' must roll 2d6, the defender labeled 'defense' and the attacker labeled 'offense'
2. If the attacker loses, no one loses any bases, but he roles are switched, continues until one side wins or a full rotation (Both sides have been attackers and failed)
3. If the attacker wins, the defender either is kicked from the round, or if they have other bases, shifts bases.
4. Being inactive for 2 days (Or a full round) will cause you to be eliminated and taken over by me.
5. As said in rule #4, each round consists of 2 days, 1 day if all attackers win.
6. A tie (Ex. Attacker rolls 11, defender rolls 11) will count as a win for the defenders.
7. Forgetting to roll/roll glitching will be counted as a defender win.
8. We will start at 8 players if there has been 8-15 players for over 3 days, anyone signed up after #8 can ask for a spot in tournament 2.

--SIGNUP LIST--
1 - Patrick2011
2 - Red303
3 - Loop_Stratos
4 - Trigon123
5 - GhostOfNinja
6 - akshobhya
7 - Danwar123
8 - ___________
9 - ___________
10 - ___________
11 - ___________
12 - ___________
13 - ___________
14 - ___________
15 - ___________
16 - ___________

• 31 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I will sign up.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

I'm pretty sure the attacker rolls 3d6 in a conventional Risk game. This however, is not a conventional Risk game. I'll join, though I'm still wondering how this will work. I'll try reading the rules more.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Yes, I was thinking of letting the attackers roll 3d6, but that would give them too much of an advantage, even if defenders win ties.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Signed.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Why not follow conventional risk rules when attacking/defending? 3d6 for attack, 2d6 for defense, and the two highest dice of the attacker are pitted against the two dice of the defender We see both the complete sum and what each dice rolled here after all

trigon123
trigon123
1,279 posts
Herald

I'll join!

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Doombreed, I decided to do it this way because of the fact there will probably be less errors this way, people subtracting the wrong die as attackers, adding too much, etc etc. I know, very low chance of that in the first place, but its there. So i'd rather just eliminate the problem completely by skipping the choose two highest rolls and just rolling two dice.

Also, half waythere!

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

I'll sign up. I assume this is turn-based, like conventional risk?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

@GhostofNinja
Yes and no, what will happen is the players will be put into brackets, where then we do a coin flip for attacker/defender. Once that is decided, the attacker and defender, whenever they get the chance, will roll their 2 dice. Once rolled, the team with the higher dice value (Or equal if defender) wins, if the attacker wins, they take over the 'base' and essentially just get a little bit bigger. If the defender wins, the attacking status is swapped over and roll again, if the defender (That was an attacker already) wins, both sides take a loss and are replaced in the bracket. To win, you must own at least half the bases (4 if 8 players, meaning winning 3 games, or 8 if 16 players, meaning meaning 7 wins). I decided to call it RISK because there might be a few rounds in which two or three players are fighting over that final push to win, but just cant seem to quite get it yet, and take a while.

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

Hm well I suppose it'll be more clear when we start. How many bases do we each start with?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

GhostofNinja
One or two, depending on if we have 16 tourny or 8 tourney.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I will sign up.
Are there no rules on those who are eliminated? Will there be prizes to the winners?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

akshobhya
Once you are eliminated, you can spectate and sign up for the next round.
Currently, there are no prizes, but if you really want I can take out my overly large sad eyes and ask a mod to give out merits or whatever, but I highly highly doubt it.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Come on, two more people xD

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

You can talk to Ferret, perhaps.....

Showing 1-15 of 31