ForumsThe TavernSome things you may not know about AG

6 3434
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Introduction

Hello, here's a list I'd like to create about things that aren't officially stated or just some little tricks to bypass, avoid, recreate bugs. I'm making a list, if I've missed something, please do post and I'll update the OP! This isn't really for the regular user, but more focused on the newbie to our forums!

List:

- You can trigger the CSRF check by double clicking the http://armorgames.com/images/btn-submit.png button fast enough.

- Comments will show up late on disqus if the comments section has a few thousand existing comments. To avoid this, right after submitting your comment, click edit and then save. Note: you don't have to really edit anything, just click save.

- When linking a video, just copy paste the link, no form of bb code is required.

- If you want to show a newbie how to write the bb code without executing the code, use (code) whatever you want (/code). Replace () with [].
Example:

- It's not a secret, but it's not on the BB code guide either. To change the size of your text here is the code: (100 being the regular size)

- Editing a post after 30 seconds will give it a time stamp, though you can only edit a post before it's time of existence goes beyond 10 minutes. However, there is no time limit for OP's.

- if you want to keep rolling 20's from now on, click edit on your post where you rolled a 20 and copy the link. Paste that link in your next post and it will show your previous roll. You could essentially keep rolling 20. (note: if you are caught, be prepared to talk to a moderator.)

- Apparently if you bold or italicize your post, it won't show in the search bar.

Side note:
Abusing some of these tricks can really land you into some trouble, so don't use them. I found these bugs and glitches through my experience in the forums, but I guess they were interesting enough to share. Again, if you guys find some bugs, feel free to share it here.

[roll 1d20 nospaceandsymbols]
DICE RESULTS
8 = Nospacesnosymbols
  • 6 Replies
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

if you want to keep rolling 20's from now on, click edit on your post where you rolled a 20 and copy the link. Paste that link in your next post and it will show your previous roll. You could essentially keep rolling 20. (note: if you are caught, be prepared to talk to a moderator.)

How will the Mods find that out?

Good Work, @SirLegendary.

BTW, there was a CSRF check for this post and a time stamp may not come up!

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

How will the Mods find that out?

They can find out because they can edit posts that aren't their own. If they see that the dice link is the same throughout each and every post, you'll get caught.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

If they see that the dice link is the same throughout each and every post

So, every time a 20 is rolled, it has a different link?
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

This isn't really for the regular user, but more focused on the newbie to our forums!

Well, I don't know... I used to be pretty regular here and I didn't even know that most of these features existed! Usually when there's code involved, there's some sort of announcement, or at least a button... maybe they just don't want people changing the size of their text in the forums. =P

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

Apparently if you bold or italicize your post, it won't show in the search bar.

Bold and italicized keywords do come up as search results if that is what this means. If you search for Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification you will get results for every armatar contest that the phrase is included in, and the phrase is bold and italicized in every one of them.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

If you're going to create an alternate account, don't submit the same email address or personal info that is attached to your original account. Oh, by the way, I have never attempted to create an alt account.

Showing 1-6 of 6