ForumsWEPRRachel Dolezal

5 4630
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Recently a woman by the name of Rachel Dolezal was outed as having been lying about her race. She has been claiming to be black, despite being born to white parents. (she even sued her college over discriminating her for being white)

Is transracial now to become a thing? (#WrongSkin)
Is this a case of mental illness? Some form of severe identity crisis?
General thoughts on the matter?

• 5 Replies
WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

She probablly have some disorder or illnes.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Considering her reasons for suing her college and the fact that she pretended to be black so she could work for the NAACP, it seems like she just enjoys being the "victim" of discrimination. Possibly to a fetishist level. All the transracial/"I identify as black" bs that followed was probably just her trying to avoid whatever consequences she thinks will result from lying about her race. I have to assume her next move is to instigate an internet troll and then complain about being called a nazi because of her German ancestry.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

a big pile a bullcrap if you ask me..
just a attention prostitute.

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

I think the idea of being "transracial" is inherently wrong. By definition, race is something you're born with. In fact, those who claim to "feel black" when they're actually white (or vice versa) are intrinsically being racist; if all races are equal, "feeling black" is no different from "feeling white" or feeling like any other race. Thus, the belief that one can be "trapped in a different skin" is actually an admission that racism can and should exist, and so I have no sympathy with people like Dolezal who try to flip the script and accuse others of being racist.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Rachel Dolezal= *cough SocJus hipster *cough.

Showing 1-5 of 5