ForumsThe TavernMost Merits?

19 9024
Greg7077
Greg7077
824 posts
Jester

Who is the Person on ArmorGames with the most merits achieved?

• 19 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

@nick_coolhaha has the most. Other users with high merit counts are @Moegreche, @InTheZone, @Gantic, and @XCoheedX. Those are the only 5 I know of with more than 80.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

IT SEEMS AS THOUGH IVE BEEN SUMMONED

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Whoa. That's a lot of merits. How the heck did they accumulate so many merits?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

@Darkfire45 Look at their profiles. InTheZone writes "Got my Merits from reviewing games on the site. ", XCoheedX possibly got his with game walkthroughs. Probably the most frequent merit sources for many.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Could AP also be the reason?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You can't get merits with AP as you can still get merits to this day.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Once the AP System changed into a Quest System, what happened to all the AP that one had amassed?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I actually have 10,000 but they almonds didn't think someone could reach that so a bug only.makes it look like 10

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Once the AP System changed into a Quest System, what happened to all the AP that one had amassed?

The ranks you had acquired in the old system, which were based on APs, turned into unique quests.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

XCoheedX possibly got his with game walkthroughs.

More likely that most of his were also from game reviews. He hasn't been active since 2008, he had most of his merits when I first came across his profile sometime in 2009, and merits have not been awarded for walkthroughs until recently, possibly with the addition of the Guide quest.

Does anyone still attempt write merit-worthy reviews or have people lost interest in doing that altogether?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Re huge numbers: It was much more common to get merits in the '08-'10 years via game reviews.

@Ernie15 Sometimes, when I can find a game I like that much.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

People were apparently really into it in 2008. Before the comment system was replaced, I would scroll through old pages of game comments from 2008, and there would always be numerous reviews in bold text, indicating that they had been merited. If you took all the users with double-digit merit counts and divided them up by the year they joined, 2008 would probably have the most users.

In 2009, it was still a big thing, but not as many people regularly reviewed games the way they seemed to during the previous year. By 2012, most users had little interest in merits.

It's never too late to start again, though. I've been meaning to get back into the game reviewing game, but I've had trouble over the past few years becoming interested again in flash games that don't have level editors.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I always thought it was moe who had the most, guess I was wrong. Nice call ernie.

GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

Is there a special place to write merit-worthy guides or reviews? I've never seen one.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

@GhostOfNinja

Game review merits are generally worthy game comments posted in Disqus on the page of whatever game you're reviewing. Walkthroughs/guides go under the Game Walkthrough sub-forum.

Showing 1-15 of 19