ForumsQuestsEarn to Die 2: Exodus Quests

52 34471
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

These are four Quests for Earn to Die 2: Exodus.

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17753/media/icon/d071a14115048d2dd4ed4fc746d5197b.png?v=1434396850&vv=1434734799
Buggy Up
Complete the first level.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17753/media/icon/783d6e5ea77f679eccc309f261e02e66.png?v=1434397006&vv=1434734904
Carnastics
Do back flip.
Hardness: Easy

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17753/media/icon/c039ff1c3b9724e27653171299fe3183.png?v=1434396900&vv=1434734832
Pedal To The Medal
Reach the maximum on your speedometer.
Hardness: Medium

http://quests.armorgames.com/game/17753/media/icon/d756c9af24f386f4aa625eb281d17055.png?v=1434396933&vv=1434734871
Dangerzone Highway
Complete the game in 50 days or less.
Hardness: Hard

• 52 Replies
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

You have to complete the game to complete the quests. But you can not complete the game unless you buy the game app (which requires you to own or buy smartphone hardware that allows you to run the game app). For the half of us that don't have smartphones, this means that we have to buy both hardware and software in order to complete the quests for this game.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@Erile seems to be a tiff, you don't have to buy the app, the only asked for it.
While playing the game this "buy the app" page pops up every now and then (not that often), it's an ingame advertisement.
If this ad pops up there is box with an "X" on the top right, clicking this will close this ad. Then you can go on.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Erile You shouldn't be forced to play a mobile app for a Quest.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

@Erile seems to be a tiff, you don't have to buy the app, the only asked for it.
While playing the game this "buy the app" page pops up every now and then (not that often), it's an ingame advertisement.
If this ad pops up there is box with an "X" on the top right, clicking this will close this ad. Then you can go on.

The ad pops up for the first two levels, yes. After that, it no longer gives you a choice and specifically has a screen telling you that if you want to complete the entire game you have to get the app.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

That is strange @Erile i never saw this ad, never (and i played the game several times (completed it two tmies)), all ads i saw was skipable.

Could you get us a screenshot?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

Its not an ad. After so many levels, the game literally tells you that in order to complete it you have to get the app. This isn't new to this game series, it was does before and people complained about it then too, just as they have for this one.

I will try to complete the available levels again the next occasion I have the hours to run through them all (since the game doesn't have an online save). I will then take a screenshot to show you.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Since I had nothing better to do with 30 minutes this morning, I replayed this game just to get an idea of what Erile is talking about ....

... and failed. There is an app OFFER that pops up several times, including at the END of the game after you've completed the game. At no point are you not allowed to play the game unless you download the app.

I think you're misreading things, Erile.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

bakkart, I think you misread the post.

First, I never said you could not play the game unless you download the app. I said nothing like that and this is the quests thread, which is completely unrelated.

Second, you can not play to the end of the game on ArmorGames. This is a teaser version of the game, which offers a few levels and asks you to buy the game app (and own appropriate hardware) in order to finish it. Every recent version of this series on game sites has been a teaser like this.

So what you are stating is at the end of the game is not actually at the end of the game. If you actually read the app request at the end of the ArmorGames teaser version, it explains this quite clearly (if the map and storyline have not already made it clear by that point).

I was bringing up the issue of quests that require purchase for completion. You cannot get to the end of the game for a quest without buying it. If they had a quest for the first 2 or 3 levels, fine. But you cannot earn end-of-game quests unless you buy the game.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

@Erile I think you're a bit confused(as multiple people have tried to say).

The quests don't require you to pay/get an app to earn them - I've done all 4(see profile). If you want to get the storyline(which really isn't much), then I guess an app purchase is necessary, but the storyline is independent of the quest.

The 50 day quest refers to finishing the online AG version in 50 days. I think the mobile version offers more maps, story, etc, but the quest only pertains to the version online.

From my end, it looks like you don't have any of the Earn2Die2 quests - make sure you're logged in, etc.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

Just gotta say, Erile, that I know full well that this is a quest thread; I believe my answers and those of just about everyone else are responding to your question with that in mind.

You do not need to pay for anything nor download a special app to complete these four quests.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

If you do not need to buy the app, then there are two reportable issues with the quests associated with this game.

1) they do not work consistently. I have completed the ArmorGames version twice, while logged in, after the quests were implemented. I have received zero credit for any of them.

2) the quest itself, by its own description, indicates that you would have to buy the game. If this is not the case, than the description should be changed. You cannot "complete the game" in 50 days or less, but you might be able to "complete the first 3 levels". There are comments for this game and the previous one showing similar confusion. The game specifically gives a message that says you have to buy it in order to 'complete the game'.

bakkart, accusing people of saying unrelated and false things that they didn't say discredits your post. A recommendation for the future would be to avoid this strategy as it undermines your efforts.

randomblah
randomblah
246 posts
King

@Erile the issue is (almost certainly) not with the game, but rather with your account/browser. For some reason you are not considered as logged in when you are playing the quests - my recommendation is to log out, and log back in(and check some easy quest). If that doesn't work, contact AG folks(e.g. Ferret) for help. The issue is not with the quests - both these and the Super Action Bear quests work fine; it's with your system.

There's no need to insult fellow players, quest descriptions, or anything else at this moment.

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

randomblah,

I have earned quests in the meantime on other games, so the issue is not as you are suspecting.

II am not the only person to have this problem, and I have checked this problem with multiple browsers on multiple computers with different OS's. This proves the problem is related to the quests or the quest recognition.

I posted in this thread in order to contact the AG folks, and was conversing with them about the problem.

I did not insult anyone. I calmly asked someone to stop making false statements and accusations. I treated them better than they treated me.

bakkart
bakkart
636 posts
Prince

I hate to throw fuel on the fire, but I'm really curious:

Erile: "bakkart, accusing people of saying unrelated and false things that they didn't say discredits your post."

What?

Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

That is strange @Erile i never saw this ad, never (and i played the game several times (completed it two tmies)), all ads i saw was skipable.

Could you get us a screenshot?

Hi Unleashed,

So I replayed the entire game again and I finished the first 3 levels in 42 days. This time, I had a different experience however. After the third level, it just popped me back to the main menu screen but I received no notification. I wasn't allowed to re-access my game data after that and attempting to play some more or finish the game apparently deletes your game data and starts you over. Nor could I find a good way to prove progress on the quests since the only time it tells you how many days its been is when you start a level (which doesn't help unfortunately).

Showing 16-30 of 52