ForumsThe TavernHistory of AG

25 11055
LigeLeech69
LigeLeech69
23 posts
Nomad

I want some AG history from the old people in here. Any interesting people you may remember from 08-11? Whether they be good posters, one of a kind people, or great trolls, tell me em.

• 25 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm the only one worth noting.

You can lock your thread now.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

That was only the very recent. Let me give you some basics:

A bit earlier than I joined (September 2009) AG had recently discovered that with the growth of the community, they needed moderators as well, because the admins couldn't handle all of them any longer.

Rumor has it Devoidless was the first moderator. Moegreche, Asherlee, Zophia, Cenere (at first), NoNameC68 (Known as Nemo), Ubertuna, DragonMistress, Flipski, Dank, Estel and Strop were the first mods.

After that, Freakenstein, MRWalker were added to the team

Many of the mods eventually became inactive or are very rarely dropping by to say hello here. As such most of them are now Knights (honorary title for users who served the kingdom well )

Aside from that, AG has evolved a lot. Back then, instead of quests, we had Armor Points. The system was as follows:

Post = 1 AP (Forum Games didn't count)
Game Comment or Profile Comment = 2 AP
Game Rating = 2 AP
Submitting a Game = 20 AP
Merit = 25 AP

with ranks accompanying the points system. The first rank was wooden Serf, and the last was Golden King/Queen which stood at about 17,500 AP

We've also had many changes in the administration team, namely Heyitsleo, Coolio Nato, John, Joeybetz and Carlie left, while the most recent additions were boppins and Ferret, the community manager.

AG has a reputation for pranking users on April Foolsday. There was this time everyone's armatar was replaced with a Justin Bieber .gif (known as Bieber Fever), for example. The most recent April Foolsday prank was the Sushi Cat: StoryCraft World Creator which can be found here and is basically an infinite loading screen.

A major part of our history which lasted almost 4 years was the Way of Moderation story-writing elimination contest, hosted by Strop and Cenere. A detailed version can be found in Strop's profile, with every round, artwork, character, a summary and all the locations.

Supposedly, ArmorCity was undermanned, as many members of the staff had a lot of trouble keeping up both with their lives and their moderating duties, so queen Carlie decided that they needed a new Moderator. As the usual way of choice was unavailable (Devoidless the dragon had broken the Wheel of Moderation), they had to turn to a tournament, to decide who will become a new mod

Aside from that, users have come and gone a lot around here. Our site has been around for a long time and I've left out many significant events, but to fill you in on a history of at least 7 years is not easy, in my defense

Currently, We have the AGH Thread, a story written by R2D21999 about all the participating users' adventures in the high school they attend. Recently Zophia returned, while Strop and Cenere also made a couple of appearances.

Hope this helps...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Not bad at all, but you missed out Calm!

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

There was this time everyone's armatar was replaced with a Justin Bieber .gif (known as Bieber Fever)

Did that change back?

Coolio Nato, John, Joeybetz and Carlie left

So sad. I think even @John left...

they had to turn to a tournament, to decide who will become a new mod

Can anyone please provide me a link to that?

basically an infinite loading screen.

BTW, did this actually, really load and devour the Internet Data?

And, what's Calm????

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Rumor has it Devoidless was the first moderator. Moegreche, Asherlee, Zophia, Cenere (at first), NoNameC68 (Known as Nemo), Ubertuna, DragonMistress, Flipski, Dank, Estel and Strop were the first mods.

After that, Freakenstein, MRWalker were added to the team

Don't forget Gantic and Calm. Also the later mods Kega, DayCee, Reton, Unleashed, and Weird.

We've also had many changes in the administration team, namely Heyitsleo, Coolio Nato, John, Joeybetz and Carlie left, while the most recent additions were boppins and Ferret, the community manager.

There's also Cormyn, Krin, and Tony. There's also the main man Danny with jroyster, Iroot, Tasselfoot, and grumption, all of them still admins to this day.

AG has a reputation for pranking users on April Foolsday.

Other pranks include HACKED AG STATUS ACCESS flash game, Devoidless becoming admin for a day(I think), @doge becoming a moderator, @EvilKittyCat666 existence, AFD coins, and probably others that I've forgotten.

A major part of our history which lasted almost 4 years was the Way of Moderation story-writing elimination contest, hosted by Strop and Cenere.

There's also the spin-off by @Salvidian called Way of Continuation but hasn't been continued ever since Sal got hit by a car. He's still alive btw.

Did that change back?

Most likely, I don't think they'd keep gif armatars.

Can anyone please provide me a link to that?

WoM

And, what's Calm????

A mod

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

And who became a Mod after that?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Calm was an ex-mod who retired after getting into college.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Just a roleplaying story, masquerading as a "contest" with modship as the prize.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Storywise, it ended up with Cen (the character) becoming a mod, after the wheel was fixed.
Ironically, it was around the same time I decided to resign.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Thanks for filling in the bits I didn't post. I didn't know about Calm. Guess he was either a mod during my period of inactivity, or before

Did that change back?

Every time you visited your profile, there was a link on the top of the page: "To be cured from your Bieber Fever, click here." When you clicked it, your armatar turned back to normal

There's also Cormyn, Krin, and Tony. There's also the main man Danny with jroyster, Iroot, Tasselfoot, and grumption, all of them still admins to this day.

To be more accurate, Cormyn is not part of the administration team anymore. I think Tony left, though I am not sure. But generally, famous game developers like Krin and ConArtists were elevated to admin status for some time, without actually being part of the admin team. That was later revoked.

Specifically, our lord and savior's full name is Daniel Mc Neely.

Also, back when we still had Armor Points, there was, like the quest hero board now, a leaderboard. All time Leader and #1 ever since I remember joining was firetail_madness with a whooping amount of over 50,000 AP before becoming inactive. The full leaderboard at one point time can be found in MrDayCee's retro thread here:

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12299459/retro-what-would-your-ap-count-be-as-of-right-now/page/1

Sadly most of the top 15 on the past leaderboard are now inactive. @Ernie15 is an exception, as he recently came back. I summoned him here, just in case he has anything more to add to this history lesson, as he's been around for quite some time . Of course the other reason is to give you a link to his profile

Many of the mods have a reputation for being excellent posters in a specific category, or all-round.
MrDayCee hosts many armatar threads and spends much time in the Art,Music and Writing category, like Zophia, but he is active everywhere...We usually use the time he is drinking in the Tavern to plan our little malicious schemes Oops!

UnleashedUponMankind is also an avid poster in the Tavern, and is known to impale newbies' heads on pikes, as you are aware

Moegreche recently came back from inactivity. He is a philosophy professor and an excellent poster in the "World Events, Politics, Religion" category (WEPR)

kegaumongo speaks catalan and is known for some amazing MSPaint Art, among other things

Gantic and MRWalker are the most famous lurkers...Lurking is the practice of being online, watching but not posting in any thread. That's how some mods take care of spam Other than that, Gantic spends his time in the Forum Games, creating some very cool games XD

Reton8 spends much of his time in the Game Walkthroughs category, reviewing the worthy guides and pointing out the flaws in the bad ones!

You will see Freakenstein in the Tavern a lot, who is known as the youngest mod, a fact that has both served him well in adapting here and getting along with the users, and damaged him in his interactions with them (The times his name comes up in a sentence full of insults are beyond any mortal's comprehension )

The rest of the mods are mostly active all-round.

Also, see this guy who replied first here, pangtongshu? Yeah, you asked for a notable great troll...you just met one

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Every time you visited your profile, there was a link on the top of the page: "To be cured from your Bieber Fever, click here." When you clicked it, your armatar turned back to normal

I think I would have stuck to it forever and made my Armatar an unique one.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I think I would have stuck to it forever and made my Armatar an unique one.

It changed back to normal at the end of the day regardless of whether or not you hit the button.
Also, see this guy who replied first here, pangtongshu? Yeah, you asked for a notable great troll...you just met one

I remember this one time when pang used to take things seriously and he posted serious posts and did serious things. Those were simpler times.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I remember this one time when pang used to take things seriously and he posted serious posts and did serious things. Those were simpler times.

Must have been during my inactivity...I don't remember many of pang's posts, though I have seen some back then...he was one of the few users I remembered from the old days.

Also forgot to tell you about weirdlike, another mod Like many of them, weirdlike spends a lot of his time on a specific category, the Programming Forum to be precise Always eager to help new and experienced programmers alike with their code and most importantly, that painful debugging process in the end XD

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

What this page was designed for.

Just when I came here to link this...thanks Mino, even though you ninja'd me

Showing 1-15 of 25