ForumsNews and Feedbackremove obvious hackers from leaderboards

12 4125
Unknown_Hero64
Unknown_Hero64
1 posts
Blacksmith

Its really annoying when you can't get #1 on the leaderboards because someone has hacked into the leaderboards Example:[url=http://armorgames.com/play/4987/obey-the-game] look at #1 of all time on normal mode, he has a billion points, and knowing that the game gets faster and faster, the human reaction time can't handle it.

• 12 Replies
GhostOfNinja
GhostOfNinja
600 posts
Farmer

I agree completely, but we can't expect mods/admins to comb through every game with leaderboards to search for hackers. Maybe this thread could serve as a place to notify higher-ups when action is needed?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Maybe this thread could serve as a place to notify higher-ups when action is needed?

Good Idea! I hate those losers who hack the leaderboards and they're everywhere!
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

What we can always do is summon @Ferret and @Tasselfoot to check out the alledged hackers and perhaps wipe them off the table?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Unknown_Hero64 Should be removed now.

qwgsr
qwgsr
2 posts
Nomad

We just need better developers and better encryption.

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

Hello,

i got 0 death in a game i can't remember, impossible almost.. the fact i died a lot.. so i'm a hacker and i should be removed ?

Some things can be explainable ...

Cheers

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Andelhofs, he's talking about some obvious hacks. Meaning, things that can actually be proven just due to the fact that attaining a score like that is pretty much impossible. These things are evident in numbers, and if people still think the evidence is insufficient, there are always other ways to prove it. I wouldn't say getting 0 deaths makes you a culprit for a hacker. Give up 2 seems to be a good example for that. You'd think it truly is impossible to get zero deaths, yet there is sufficient video evidence to prove that it is possible. Though if you see someone on the scoreboard with the time of about 1 seconds only and ran through the whole game, it's pretty obvious that it was a hack due to the fact that running from start to finish on level 1 takes up more than a second, what more the next few levels.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i got 0 death in a game i can't remember, impossible almost.. the fact i died a lot.. so i'm a hacker and i should be removed ?

there was this mini game where the screen was red and it turned green at random, and your goal was to click as fast as possible. if you clicked to soon (on a red screen) you would lose. (that was the whole game..)
i had the pure luck that i clicked right when it turned green and i had a reaction time of 0.000 seconds...
it must have been a hack but it was pure luck...

shentino
shentino
6 posts
Nomad

How about banning them or otherwise permanently disqualifying them from being on the leaderboard in the first place?

Hacker gets hacked score on the board, mod/admin discovers it, score goes poof and hacker gets banned/disqualified.

shentino
shentino
6 posts
Nomad

Maybe have the hacker kicked and disqualified from ALL leaderboards, not just the one he cheated on

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

That seems a little too authoritarian for my tastes, since the hacker has already been banned for hacking once. Some people learn their lesson the first time and allow themselves some time to reflect. Perhaps they can be allowed the second time to earn their highscores competitively.

As for highscores in general, some highscores may be really high, but are obtainable through sheer force of skill, or time as it usually is. Some games have highscores but are easy enough that all you need to do is continue the same amount of survival but rack up the scores with enough time on your hands.

shentino
shentino
6 posts
Nomad

So hackers already get banned?

Showing 1-12 of 12