ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Problem Logging Into Vortex Wars 2

7 3117
zool44
zool44
4 posts
Jester

"First off, I use Armor Games to run this game. By the time I realized it had its own site I was too deep in on my account to move over. Now, when I load the game, I connect through and then I hit the log in button but it never logs me in ore gives me the option to log in it just keeps spinning the loading sign. I have noticed that I can get in on my account if I first log in as a guest and then go back and click log in. The problem with this, is that I can't spectate games and when I scroll over things such as my rank, I don't get the small box with the details of what I scrolled over."

I posted this on the forum for the game and several players responded saying that they had this happen too and that it only happens on Armor Games and that it is a problem with the site.

• 7 Replies
zool44
zool44
4 posts
Jester

A player on the game forum named Bluethorn wrote this response on my post.

"I was going to write a long post about why this happens but you guys won't care. Basically AG searches if an account logged out in their most recent session instead of searching for another login in the servers (Kongregate and OS). If they can't find any, they continue to search. Logging into a guest account and logging out of it will result in a local refresh making it work again."

If this is in fact accurate, then the way we log in should be revised to fix the current issues.

zool44
zool44
4 posts
Jester

Is a mod going to respond to this or not? I am starting to think I should take my business to a better site.

doublejoe8
doublejoe8
1 posts
Nomad

its been years and this question im going to go to kongregate i cant believe this site wont help anybody at all

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Looping in @Tasselfoot who may have insight.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

@zool44 The biggest issue is that we no longer support AGIv1, which is the API used for user authentication in Vortex Wars 2. As your above quote states, it's a combination of our old API + how Vortex Wars is handling queries on their backend.

The best I can do is reach out to the developer and see if they would swap out AGIv1 with AGIv2, which may or may not resolve the issue. However, since the game is 3 years old, I can not say whether the developer will modify the game or not. There does appear to be a workaround to get things to function properly... I know that is not the best solution or what you want to hear, but it is better than some 3 year old games on the site that just stop working altogether.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Looping in @zool44 and @doublejoe8.

zool44
zool44
4 posts
Jester

Thank you for finally responding.

Showing 1-7 of 7