ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226090
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Pheromone Manipulation

This is actually an interesting power. According to the description and applications I have control over other people's feelings, persuade them, and even control when they sleep.

Fortitude Weakening

I can basically weaken anything. I mean look at those applications; intangibility, invisibility, weakness inducement. This is a really great power.

Decelerated Aging

I can slow down my aging. I'm not too sure how I feel about this... it's useless in terms of combat. It's just a meh power.

I can slow down my aging, control pheromones, and weaken practically anything. The first two powers are amazing. Just imagine; I can seduce someone into coming near me, weaken their body, and all it takes is a simple punch to kill them.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I suppose that's one more power that depends on your level of control for it's tier classification then If you absorb kinetic energy on contact, then maybe you will take damage from bullets and the like because you would need to be able to absorb all energy instantly. But Impact Absorption is in your applications, including nigh-invulnerability. It could mean, the way I see it, that, unless someone stops you from using your power, then nearly every impact will have no effect. Besides, one way or another, you still take damage from any other source, like, explosives, fire damage, electricity, lasers and the like so that's what the 'damage' part seems to mean

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Air Shield Construction

I can create shields out of air. I suppose that's a usable mid tier power.

Card Combat

-_- Lady luck is abandoning me. I must press on!

Power Suit

Is this even an actual power? o.O Anyway, this could be anything from low to upper tier, depending on the suit.

Very weak set compared to what I've been getting here, but it has its uses, I suppose. Especially the whole 'power suit' thing

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Here are two of the three I got: a low-tier and, I'm pretty sure, a uber-tier superpower.
Enhanced Shieldmanship
Life-Force Manipulation

Now that's all nice and well, but really it is insignificant compared to the third one I got. You know what can render a uber-tier power insignificant? Take a look at this:

Meta Power Manipulation

"The user can create, modify, remove and manipulate any power without limits, including meta, omni and even omnipotent powers by controlling the fundamental force that all powers are created from. "

With the ability to manipulate the fundamental force of superpowers itself, I practically possess, and have mastery in, every superpower ever. I can even manipulate godly, omni- or omnipotent beings. This is evidently one of the few ultimate-tier superpowers, next to omnipotence and omnificence. In yer face, Doom!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@HahiHa the thing is, that you've gotten this one before ^^ I am not saying you should ignore it or not, but most of us (namely me and R2) have the habit of ignoring powers that we get twice (like I did with cervid physiology). You can keep it now but the next time you get a useless power for a second or third time, the correct thing to do with that policy would be to keep it instead of rerolling xD

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Impressive. Are you keeping a log about all results? That was the last one I got before you reactivated the thread.

Yeah, sure, I'll keep whatever power I get next. I had no intention to do it differently ^^

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I usually don't do this twice in a day, but screw it! I can do what I want!

Subconscious Manifestation

Oh my. This is... I'm assuming it's not too good for me. I mean, a power I can't control is bad enough but a manifestation of my own subconscious that could kill me... that's just not right.

Digital Blade Construction

I can create blades out of data. Eh, acceptable. Not useless but it's not something that really makes me say "Wow!"

Primordial Dragon Physiology

Oooh! This is awesome! I'm not just some simple dragon! I'm a primordial dragon! Look at those applications! One of them being immortality! Guess I'm not so worried about my subconscious anymore.

I'm a primordial dragon who can create digital blades and has an uncontrollable manifestation of my own subconscious. Not bad.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

No I am not. I just took a quick look at the last page before reviving it and your post kinda stood out because you had only one power and were so proud of it

Time for my set. Lady luck please grant me a power that will blast HahiHa into du--*ahem* right. A more noble cause maybe then?

Almighty Science

YES! This is the power that ought to make @HahiHa jealous simply due to its nature xD I can understand a level of science and knowledge that only omnipotent beings would possess. With this power, I can bestow omnipotent powers on others, powers that bend or even rewrite the laws of physics The coolest application of this is the Omni-Physics manipulation which, allows me to manipulate the forces of the universe Lunar, Solar, Dark Matter, Energy, it's all right there...at my fingertips

Once again HahiHa, it comes down to who will use his power first between us. If it's you, sure you can create a power for you, or even cancel my power out. But if it's me, who is to say that I cannot rewrite the laws of the universe so that powers and especially your power, no longer works this way? ^^

Though I still have the advantage. Your only limitation is:

Omnipotent beings are completely immune.
While I am not exactly omnipotent, I am still Ultipotent (Omnipotent without being omniscient), which is almost the same thing given my ability to understand science at a godlike level

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Toxikinetic Creature Creation

Is toxikinetic even a word? Anyway, I can create creatures out of poison. Eh... my reaction is kinda like with the digital blade construction, I don't see it as useless but it doesn't necessarily wow me.

Humility Augmentation

Wow this is completely useless. I can add or increase humility in others, making them humble or whatever. This is definitely one of the lowest tier powers.

Meta Space-Time Absorption

Ok wow. This is probably one of the most overpowered... powers... that I've ever gotten. I can absorb all of time and space. Does one dare to fight me?

So I can augment a person's humility, create creatures from poison, and absorb both space and time. The last one is probably the only power I need but whatever.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

@Doombreed That limitation is in contrast to the description of the power, as the latter actually includes omnipotent powers. Just one of many examples of inconsistency in the wiki.

As for your idea to just rewrite stuff to counter me, you cannot. Meta power manipulation is the manipulation of the force underlying superpowers. You cannot warp this without warping your own power, which may be a paradox. Or in the worst case, you'd just kill superpowers for everyone. Would you really do that just to spite me?

Now for my powers of today:

Feline Manipulation
I can manipulate organisms pertaining to the taxon of Felidae.

Distance Manipulation
I can manipulate space between two objects. This is almost like telekinesis, but with many other applications. Apparently, by reducing space around an object to zero, I can reduce it to a singularity, completely destroying it. As there doesn't seem to be any limitations to the amount of space I can manipulate, this smells like upper tier at least to me (I mean, this implies I could potentially crush all of the universe save for a molecule-thin outer layer into a single singularity).

Enhanced Visibility
Aah! Shoo! Bad wiki!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Feline Manipulation
I can manipulate organisms pertaining to the taxon of Felidae.

I don't know if you noticed, but that was your very first power back on page 1.

Linguistic Manipulation

I can change what a word means. Not a useful power but I find it kind of funny. Perhaps @Doombreed will also find this funny.

Angel Creation

I can make angels... wow how fun.

Alopecia Projection

Oh c'mon! I can make people lose their hair.

I can change the meaning of words, create angels, and can cause people's hair to fall off. I got a really bad 'roll' today.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

As for your idea to just rewrite stuff to counter me, you cannot. Meta power manipulation is the manipulation of the force underlying superpowers. You cannot warp this without warping your own power, which may be a paradox. Or in the worst case, you'd just kill superpowers for everyone. Would you really do that just to spite me?

Of course I can @HahiHa . My level of understanding and manipulation would be incomprehensible to you because it is the level only omnipotent and omniscient beings possess. So it may seem like the logic behind that is impossible (id est, that I cannot make your power flawed without sabotaging other powers or without wider implications in general) but that is simply because you cannot understand science the way I do
Besides I am Ultipotent. Who's to say that I can't when I can do anything? And your power's limitation has already been debated in the comments. It cannot affect Omnipotent beings. I have the same capabilities as omnipotent beings But even if you could (assuming that 'no-omniscience' part is so important) it would only come down to who can use his power first xD

The funny thing is that I needed just the power to beat you, I prayed and Lady Luck answered my call xD

Aaaaanyway, back to less OP sets (I suppose). let's see what I got for today:

Supernatural Senses
Pretty self-explanatory. I suppose it has its uses...

Relationship Manipulation
Now that's totally useless...

Oblivion Embodiment
I think someone got this one before...I haven't, at least not in pages 11 - 19 Anyway, obviously an uber tier power, I can manipulate destructive energy and anti-energy. Since Oblivion is classified as a state of nothingness, I have a cool application called obsolescence, the ability to creat a field of nothingness, a way to render everyone, everything inside that field useless, including powers or the laws of nature

So you see, HahiHa, even assuming I could not beat you with my last power (which is obviously not the case xD), my main advantage is that I get an uber tier power on almost every set You could say that luck and, by extension, fate, is with me. Give up!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I don't know if you noticed, but that was your very first power back on page 1.

Looks like everyone has a better memory about my past results than I do ^^

You could say that luck and, by extension, fate, is with me. Give up!

NEVAH!

Electro-Spark Manipulation
What I can do: control electrical sparks
What I can not do: generate electrical sparks; generate electricity; manipulate electricity

Airwave Manipulation
I can manipulate the oscillation waves of air. It has a bunch of applications that can even be useful during combat, so I guess that one's OK...

Plant Attacks
This one is even better for combat than the previous one. Don't believe me? Just go have a look at all the applications; there's too much tor resume it here.
Anyway, I think I'll just become a Leshen now ^^
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I can change what a word means. Not a useful power but I find it kind of funny. Perhaps @Doombreed will also find this funny.

Considering our grammar debate, I don't find this funny at all actually -_-

Emotion Connective Immortality

The power to be completely indestructible as long as one's feelings (of any kind) for me exist So @HahiHa, the only way for me to die is if you give up and stop feeling that way (or any way really) towards me This right here is lady luck toying with you xD

Ursine Physiology
The power to use the abilities of bears. Well, they have some decent speed and great strength. Could be worse -.-

MIrror Combat

I can incorporate mirrors into my fighting style, which can often reflect attacks. Or I could use them as projectiles or shields. Decent low tier power. Who cares when I am immortal ? xD

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Afterlife Embodiment

I am practically the afterlife. I... don't know how I feel about this exactly. I feel kinda happy but kind of useless too... I'm sure there's more to this power than what I'm seeing... but that afterlife manipulation sure sounds cool.

Layer Reinforcement

Layer reinforcement... why does that sound familiar? *looks through previous pages* Oh that's right I had Layered Durability back on page 18. However instead of just me having layers of defense, I can add extra layers to other things as well. There seems to be a lot going on with this power, but the application that catches my eye the most is being able to harden the air.

Trace Metal Manipulation

Trace metal? I've never even heard of this. Woah wait... what's that in the applications? Blood manipulation! Oooh! And looking at trace metal absorption that seems very powerful too. In short, I control the metal in your body; such as the metal used for nutrition and whatever else.

So I'm the afterlife and I'm able to control trace metals and reinforce the layers on practically anything. This was a pretty good set.

Showing 226-240 of 685