ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

849 32953
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,314 posts
Templar

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 849 Replies
Greg7077
Greg7077
798 posts
Scribe

VVV Please read if you find superheroes and powers interesting VVV

Cosmic: I would want The Silver Surfer's power Cosmic, not only because Silver Surfer is debatably the most powerful superhero in his annihilation mode, but also because what comes with the cosmic power comes these abilities:

superhuman strength, endurance, and senses and the ability to absorb and manipulate the universe's ambient energy, navigating through interstellar space hyperspace, and blackholes, time travel with the user and others, converting matter into energy making it so the user does not need food water air or sleep, can survive within any known environment including space, hyperspace, black holes and stars, can project energy in various forms for offensive and defensive use, including bolts of cosmic force powerful enough to destroy entire planets, and create black holes, heal living organisms though he cannot raise the dead, the user can also revitalize and evolve organic life on a planet wide scale, can cast illusions, can create inter dimensional portals to other locations and micro verses, phase through solid matter, this user is able to detect objects and concentrations of energy light years away and to perceive matter and energy in subatomic detail, including life energies of living beings (don't worry I don't know what that means too), can see through time, telepathy, mind reading, and control human emotion and sensation. The power's one weakness is the user's "item" whether it be the typical "surfboard" or other item be separated from them, if the "item" get's destroyed the user can repair or recreate it with little effort.

If you read all of this thanks so much! Silver Surfer for best superhero ever!

Doombreed
Doombreed
6,809 posts
Justiciar

It could be much worse.

Yes...but you see here is the thing...when it comes to superpowers (and generally nearly everything in life), it can always get worse, but rarely any better.

i.e. I stumbled upon various silly powers myself like Fish Physiology or Balloon Mimicry, but fairy aura is not just silly, it is totally useless when held by a Daemon prince.

Subterranean Attacks

Neat...but decent like you said.

Doubt Manipulation.

Cause your opponents to not want to fight you! This is a cool mental power.

Arachnid Manipulation.

Cause your girlfriend to freak out any time you feel like it

These are the applications I can think of

New random power I got:
Pure Wind Manipulation

So apparently, pure winds are un-corrupted ones (is this even a thing ?...O_O)

HahiHa
HahiHa
7,749 posts
Grand Duke

So apparently, pure winds are un-corrupted ones (is this even a thing ?...O_O)

It seems that in the super power universe, everything can have a range of associated elements. Like, apparently, demonic ice (Demon Ice Breath).
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,367 posts
Constable

I went on another gamble and I get the following:

Desert Adaptation: A very boring power if you ask me.

Penomenon Manipulation: I don't even know what the hell that's supposed to mean.

Existence Declaration: The most overpowered power of all. Anything else has become invalid.

So out of two horrible powers, I get one reality-breaking power. I'm okay with that I guess.

HahiHa
HahiHa
7,749 posts
Grand Duke

Let's do three more:

Mental Attacks
Not bad, not bad.

Psychometry
Works well together with mental attacks, I guess.

Selkie Physiology
If taken with the two above, that makes me a super-mental, super-handsome pinniped shape-shifter. Huh.

Existence Declaration: The most overpowered power of all. Anything else has become invalid.

That is when I am glad I rolled Oblivion Embodiment in the beginning, one of the few powers immune against existence manipulation.
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,860 posts
Shepherd

I managed to tell grandma that I wasn't hungry. Does that count as a superpower?

ScrewTheLag
ScrewTheLag
1,132 posts
Chancellor

@GandalftheGrey666 if you also managed to convince her not to give you any food, then THAT is a superpower.

I'm going to try to get the three most overpowered powers I can find in a short amount of time, I'm litterally lurking for godness here:

Flaw Enhancement

So now I can channel your flaws to overwhelm you with them at any point (unless you're in any shape or form not alive and you're also not organic).

Transcendent Physiology

Another power that essentially denies control over existance, because now I am just an outer force controlling an avatar, you can't actually deny my existance because, just like oblivious existance, I'm not actually a thing (you can kill my avatar as much as you want though, but go ahead, I don't care for him :3).

[insert deep narrator voice here] He travelled far and wide, looking *cough* lurking *cough* for the ultimate power by the random page button...but when he was about to give up...well, I did give up, so I just went to the Almighty Powers section and found this:

Omnipotence

GG.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,057 posts
Archduke
ScrewTheLag
ScrewTheLag
1,132 posts
Chancellor

Stench Removal

Found it while looking for the best ones. lol.

Corporeal Evacuation

...you're forced to have every superpower when you're omnipotent, including this, I now regret it...

Coincidence Resistance

Actually a pretty good idea for a show/anime/movie. It's not that's bad, it's just not useful. Pretty creative though (like the last one, but let's not talk about that one).

Nail Color Manipulation

So fab.

Hindsight

I think this is a power that an ***hole would have.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,868 posts
Scribe

Creation and Destruction Embodiment - So basically, I'm a god.

Electric-Fire Manipulation - zip zap BOOM 8)

Soul Trapping - I have the ability to trap the soul of anyone that has been killed.

So long story short I'm basically OP as hell.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,167 posts
Count

Ok, I will try a random page again today and I will keep doing that every day.

And I got Power Immunity

Doombreed
Doombreed
6,809 posts
Justiciar

So long story short I'm basically OP as hell.

One power to beat them all (all of yours, not all generally) for you (Hectic stumbled upon it first):

Omni-Negation

And I got Power Immunity

I got that too, when rapidly hitting the random page button...turns out it has a weakness against omnipotent powers (like the omni-Negation )

Let's see what the power roulette's result will be now:

Temporary Invincibility

Huh...pretty decent I suppose

ScrewTheLag
ScrewTheLag
1,132 posts
Chancellor

Onmi-negation

Since Omnipotency also gives you every possible power, can you Onmi-negate Omni-negation?o_O we are playing with the space-time cloth here...

Temporary Invincibility

Eh, two weaknesses that are too bad altogether with the fact that it is temporary, yeah it's pretty good, but can't honestly be trusted for spectacular actions, it mostly just requires physical ability to dodge your attacks and wait out the invincibility and then even a normal person could kill you easily.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,314 posts
Templar

Wow this thread is still alive.

Particle Construction

I can make energy. Alright that's pretty cool.

Divine Sight

Interesting, I guess I could learn things. But kind of useless.

Omninescience

So basically I'm stupid. Who knew stupidity was a power. This kind of works against the second power. This also works against the first since according to the limitations, I need great knowledge to be able to use it.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,057 posts
Archduke

Since Omnipotency also gives you every possible power, can you Onmi-negate Omni-negation?o_O we are playing with the space-time cloth here...
Well, Omnicounter and Infinite Supply should still work. They just wouldn't do any more than counter.
Showing 16-30 of 849