ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226139
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Messianic Plane Manipulation

I manipulate emotions but I guess on a higher level than regular Emotion Manipulation. I can also create lifeforms and constructs out of emotions which I assume emotion manipulation doesn't have. This is actually a really cool power.

Nature Lordship

I have full authority over nature. I am mother nature. Apparently this also gives me manipulation for the elements. This is another fantastic power!

Xenarthra Physiology

I'm with the same species as armadillos, anteaters, and sloths. Oh... well I guess all three powers don't need to be awesome.

I'm an armadillo-like creature that can manipulate the emotional plane and is lord of nature. Just think of me as an overpowered armadillo.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Destroyer Deity Physiology
A god of destruction, capable of destroying anything in an instant. Apparently I have the task to work together with the god(s) of creation to keep the balance of the world, destroying what needs to be destroyed. So, actually, this is a chore? Bah, whatever, I'm a god

Biological Infusion
The power to infuse biological compounds into objects, beings or powers. Like the Tyranids, an example that will speak to certain users here on AG

Threat Identification
The ability to identify whether something is a threat to me or something else or not.

I am a God of Destruction, with the ability to infuse biological compounds into stuff and scan for threats.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Eclipse Manipulation

I manipulate both the sun and the moon. Sweet! I also get water manipulation as an application. You know, because moon.

Dualis Physiology

This is probably one of the most confusing powers I've ever seen. I hardly understand what this power does when ignoring the applications. From what I am understanding, it's like I have two natures in the same body. Kind of like being two people but in the same body. I don't know, I don't like reading powers that have multiple paragraphs that try to explain on what the power does.

Pure Solar Manipulation

This is about controlling positive aspects about the sun. Such as strengthening, healing, purifying, etc. An ok power but it doesn't really have any "fighting" powers.

I'm a dualis, able to control the sun, moon, and pure solar... Actually now that I think about it, I could probably already manipulate pure solar energy with Eclipse Manipulation. Oh well.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Three uber powers for today

Archangel Physiology
I am one of the most powerful angels. Feel my holy wrath.

Absolute Lock Manipulation
The ability to control every lock and unlock powers. This can be used to lock/unlock(reveal) any container, room, but also emotions, powers, or concepts.

Absolute Law Manipulation
"The user has the power to make, change, destroy or redefine any/all kind of rule/law, including physical, scientific, magical, divine, metaphysical or conceptual, granting them control over all limits, including their own. "

Today I am an archangel with full control over lock and unlock powers as well as over all laws of reality. Sweet!

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Light-Darkness Infusion

I can make objects out of light and darkness. Wouldn't one require the lack of another?

Sacrificial Creation Physiology

I was created through the sacrifice of someone or something and may have similar traits to them... Sorry?

Cold Weather Manipulation

I can control weather such as snow, cold wind, blizzards etc.

Not the best powers but not bad ones, I guess.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Heat Vision
The power to generate beams of heat from the eyes. Pretty simple and useful in combat

Chemical Based Powers
This is just like Frank Fontaine in Bioshock. I gain my powers through the use of chemicals. Nasty addictive stuff but surely useful in battle if you've seen what he can do xD

Glass Transmutation
The power to turn matter into glass xD

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Cryogenic Blood

I'm literally cold blooded and I mean freezing cold. I get freezing and ice generation from this. So this is definitely a cool power.

Sloth Aura

I have an aura of laziness. Bad part is I'm also lazy. Figures.

Energy Beam Emission

I can emit energy beams. Simple but effective. Kind of like @Doombreed 's heat vision.

I'm cold blooded, I have an aura of laziness, and I can fire energy beams. Not too bad of a set I suppose.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Object Creation Touch
The ability to create/convert others into objects via touch. My mood and emotions affect the outcome of the use of this power... Hmm...pretty weird

World Healing
The power to heal everything on a planetary scale!

Illusion Awareness
I am aware if my surroundings are false

Kinda meh powers today for combat, but I like the World healing

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Balance Embodiment
While my previous power of destroyer deity physiology implied taking part in the balance of the cosmos, now I am Balance. I like the concept of balance. Plus, it makes me more powerful.

Mysticism
Proficiency in the magic school of Mysticism, a pure and probably very old kind of magic. It has very diverse effects, including but not limited to: cosmic awareness, tele-pathy/kinesis/portation, superpower manipulation.

However, I cannot resist criticizing the article. First, among the listed effects are some that are clearly from the illusion school, like invisibility and illusion manipulation (duh). Last but not least, a grave mistake: they list the Dragonborn as a user of mysticism, even though Skyrim is the only game in the series since Daggerfall that does not have a distinct mysticism skill! Ignoramuses!
(I mean sure, most effects are still there distributed among several other schools, but it doesn't justify using the Dragonborn as example for the whole series; you could have named the Nerevarine from Morrowind... anyway, I'm rambling, so let's go on.)

Astronomical Object Manipulation
The ability to manipulate pretty much any astronomical concept, be it astr. bodies like comets, planets, suns and black holes, as the name suggests, or even things that I would not call an 'object', like dark matter or void. Or in somewhat more casual terms: I can manipulate Space!

Today I am a being that is the physical incarnation (pleonasm?) of balance, but also a mage proficient in mysticism and with the ability to manipulate astronomical objects and forces. Yes, this is satisfactory ^^

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Weaponry Refinement

I can enhance a weapon to make it more powerful, durable, accurate, etc. I can even have the weapon gain new powers. Not bad.

Invulnerability Bestowal

I can make others invulnerable... but not myself. Obviously it's of no use to me unless I have an army.

Curse Manipulation

I manipulate curses. Ohhh yay! Definitely the best one out of the three. There's also reanimation in the applications which I could use my Invulnerability Bestowal to make an invincible undead army.

I can refine weapons, bestow invulnerability, and manipulate curses. I'm only really happy with curse manipulation. Everything else isn't exciting.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Psychometric Telepathy
By touching an object, I can learn its history and open a telepathic link to anyone related to the object. Useless, unless I worked at a lost-property office, in which case I'd rule. Gah, I hope this needs active efforts on my part; I don't want to be remembered of the history, or read the mind of, anyone related to every thing I touch...

Solar Infusion
Oh, I do get a useful power after all. I can infuse objects or powers with solar energy, build solar constructs or even strengthen my attacks/weapons with solar energy. Solar Punch!

True Love's Kiss
Hooray, I'm a Disney Prince...

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I've gotten that power before Ha, it is really underwhelming to us combat nerds xD

(Ability Tier Activation - I think I've gotten this before. Skip)

Xenolingualism
Oh great. Alien Languages... -_-

Alcohol Empowerment
I'll just sit here and laugh while drinking this beer xD I am preparing to move to Russia

Indomitable Will
I possess an indomitable will (duh). Surprisingly, it is pretty good. I can transcend my own abilities by persevering, overcome physical damage, resist being possessed, mask my fear, resist telepathic abilities and even summon inner strength to increase my power.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Inanimation

I can cause any object to stop moving. As simple as this power is, I think it's absolutely fantastic.

Living Wing Manifestation

I have wings that are alive... Wonderful...

Fatigue Manipulation

Had this one awhile ago but too tired to do anything about it. But I can manipulate fatigue, being tired, etc. An ok power.

I can cause objects to stop moving, I have living wings, and I can control fatigue. Really loving that inanimation. The rest is eh.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I am a variation of a mermaid that has the lower body of an octopus.

Hey, at least octopuses are among the most intelligent animals ever

Athletics Empowerment... I feel like I already had that one.

Skin Hardening
I have quite literally a tough hide.

Poisoning Intuition
To possess intuitive knowledge about poison. Hey, at least I might be a fine witcher

Despair Empowerment
Oh hey, isn't this a cheerful power... I am empowered by despair, be it my own or other people's.

So taken together, I am a poisoner with hardened skin (comes in very handy to collect poison from plants or animals!) that thrives on despair. Is there a poison that induces despair? Oh wait, I should know... anyway, an OK set which actually goes well together.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Rubber Blade Construction

I can create blades from rubber. Meh. It's ok.

Vehicle Physiology

I'm a vehicle. I can be anything from cars, trains, planes, boats, and even magic carpets. This sounds like a power Pixar would utilize.

Bio-Energy Manipulation

I control the energy in living things. Pretty nice since most of my problems would be from living things. I'm also a living thing.

I'm a vehicle that can create blades from rubber and manipulate bio-energy. This slightly amuses me so I'll take it.

Showing 376-390 of 685