ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226169
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Negative Forces Manipulation
I can manipulate "negative forces", whatever you count as such. Since the definition may vary and perceptions can be diametrically opposed, does that mean I can manipulate pretty much every force? Pleeeaaase? *puppy-eyes*

Assimilation Shield
I can create a shield that can absorb anything or anyone. This is so much better than a shield which only blocks attacks; it can even absorb people. Shield v2.0, basically.

Krampus Physiology
I am the bad demony guy from the Alpine folklore who is basically the antithesis to St. Nicholaus. Kind of like the Grinch, but darker and with goat horns, and I do not turn nice at the end of the movie.

I am a kind of Christmas demon who can manipulate evil forces and protect itself with absorbing shields.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Intuitive Replication

I can replicate someone else's powers and instantly understand how to use it. My powers can also be stronger than the original power owner, giving me techniques the owner still has yet to learn and master. This is a really nice power and I love it so much.

Electrokinetic Creature Creation

I can create creatures made of electricity. Meh.

Vampiric Toxicity

My blood is poisonous to vampires. Seeing as this is only useful when fighting vampires, it won't help me against anything else.

I can replicate powers, create beings of electricity, and vampires are extremely allergic to my blood. I'm only happy with my first power. Everything else is just pbbbt.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Limblessness
Warning: name not very accurate and/or confusing. It means looking exactly like Rayman: I have no legs, arms or neck (the latter which is not even a limb), but still have feet, hands and a head. Head, trunk, hands and feet are floating and linked by some invisible bond, which is more or less rigid.

I can see the advantages of not being restricted by shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee or ankle joints, not being able to break one's neck, etc. This really is not such a bad power as it sounds.

Dark Form
This is just like Dark Jak. The ability to have a Dark Form one can morph into, in which the user is physically greatly enhanced and has the ability to manipulate dark forces; but since this form comes from the extrapolation of one's darkest aspects and emotions, it usually means the user is also much more aggressive and ready to go amok, at the detriment of themselves and anyone around.

Mizuchi Physiology
A Mizuchi is apparently a kind of legendary Asian dragon-like being linked to, and with power over, water.

Today I am an amalgamation of two video game characters plus Asian water dragon. Neat.

https://s14-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Mabdb46f91ca0af1b3c7b4736dc0c53ebo0%26pid%3D15.1%26f%3D1&sp=5455fb365b410cfc36fbdf291c34ea6f + https://s14-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Ma9f7a8b55fc341c2138363ecc9c91a99o0%26pid%3D15.1%26f%3D1&sp=e50f1b6f3e11ac4b893b6a0b63a488e8 = Awesome

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Emblem Magic

I can use magic so long as I have an emblem. Unfortunately this can be dangerous to my lifespan.

Fire Vision

I can shoot fire from my eyes. Not to be confused with heat vision. Surprisingly there's not a lot of users with this power.

Parasite Manipulation

I control parasites. However creating parasites isn't an application like it is with most manipulation powers.

I can do magic through emblems, shoot fire from my eyes, and control parasites. Not an exciting set today.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Ectoplasmic Whip Generation
I can create whips and similar shapes out of (solid?) ectoplasm. Well, OK.

Nigh Omnipresence
I am not universally omnipresent, but locally omnipresent, be it within a specific time or space. Which means that within these boundaries, I know everything that is going on and am present anytime anywhere. Does this make it a nigh-uber tier power?

Blood Resistance
The ability of certain vampiric beings to not be affected by thirst or exposure to blood. Basically, being able to act calm and rational where others may get in a frenzy. This can mean only one of two possible outcomes: either it automatically makes me a vampire, albeit a 'blood-resistant' one; or this power is completely useless as I am not a vampire.

To summarize, I am possibly a vampire that is not affected by blood in the same way other vampires are, I am armed with ghost slime whips and possess a lesser form of omnipresence. Well, just don't tread in my nigh-omnipresence boundaries and you'll be fine.

DoraDoraBoBora
DoraDoraBoBora
116 posts
Nomad

I'll bite!

Sonokinetic Combat

Does this have anything to do with the Tina Belcher thing I do when I'm really upset?

Banishment

Sounds impressive, but I really only use it when someone cooks something terrible for me and I don't want to be impolite. If only the hellish symphony and cascade of fiery lights that accompanies it were more subtle...

Damaging Aura

Now I feel like this thing is just picking on me. I mean, YES, I may spend an inordinate amount of time showing people memes on my phone and, YES, I sing Don't Stop Believin' at the top of my lungs at any opportunity, but that doesn't mean I'm physically painful to be around!... I mean, not literally. Right?

Guys??

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Blood Magic

I can perform magic by using my blood. I could get blood loss however depending on what I'm using my blood for.

Curse Embodiment

I am the embodiment of curses. So I can create and manipulate curses. Sweet!

Succubus Physiology

I'm a demon that resembles a woman with wings. Or a female demon. I'm able to seduce men and only men. I could try to seduce females but if we engage in any kind of sexual activity I can actually die. While I am a straight man and find having intercourse with other men disgusting, there's lots of applications for this. Kiss of death, sleep inducement, life-force absorption, super strength, the list goes on.

I'm a sexy demon lady who is the embodiment of curses who can also perform blood magic. These work very well together and I'm completely satisfied with this set.

blackbyrd
blackbyrd
2 posts
Nomad

I got Plot Control ability... hell yeah I can control any plot of story and.. uh.. maybe any other kind of PLOT....

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Hell-Fire Manipulation
I can generate/summon and control the flames of Hell. Hell-fire is obviously no regular fire; apart from the unusual colour, it causes much more pain (physical and spiritual) and may even instantly kill the burned person. With sufficient control, one may even summon dead souls or demons through the flames, using them as a kind of portal to Hell.

However, I may not necessarily have control over regular fire; what is more, Hell-fire appears to have a very capricious nature and may be hard or impossible to control (not surprising given its origin). So caution should be used when summoning the flames, or it may as well backfire. Still, this is a very strong power, in terms of destructive potential at least.

Tectonic Plate Manipulation
Well well, looks like today I get all the powers that have a huge destructive potential but are difficult to master. The name says it all, really. In the best case, I might even cause earthquakes or volcanic eruptions.

Murder Inducement
And for the icing on the cake: I can instill a target with the desire or intention to murder. Nice polish to this series of destructive powers.

Today, I must be a kind of demon. I can literally unleash Hell on Earth by summoning Hell-fire, disrupting the tectonic plates, and pushing people to murder by sheer will. However, I should use those powers sparingly, or I might not live very long myself.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Photokinetic Cloning

I can create clones using light. Sweet!

Enhanced Bite

Exactly as it says, I have a stronger bite. Eh.

Sun Blocking

I can block the sun. This power doesn't go too well with my first one.

So I create clones out of light, have an enhanced bite, and can block the sun. Not too exciting today.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Paint Manipulation
Sooo, I can generate and manipulate paint? Pity I'm not much of an artist. Oho, I can animate or even enter paintings? Now that has potential for some shenanigans

Uncertainty Manipulation
The opposite of Perspective Manipulation and, it turns out, almost as powerful as its counterpart. Basically I can manipulate anything which is uncertain; possibilities become certainties of my choosing entirely. Given the associated applications, like Meta Space-Time Manipulation, this is definitely uber tier.

Lunar Healing
The ability to heal myself using lunar elements or "the power of the moon itself", whatever that means. "May need contact with the moon (in extremely unfortunate cases)." Great -.-
But wait, applications include lunar energy generation; wouldn't that imply that I can generate the energy I need to heal myself? That kind of defeats the purpose of the 'lunar' part. And what does umbrakinetic regeneration have to do with anything? This makes no sense.... oh wait *sees all the Sailor Moon references* yeah, OK, with this as a basis, it's no wonder...

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Insert everything in dora's post above

*dies laughing*

oh wait *sees all the Sailor Moon references* yeah, OK, with this as a basis, it's no wonder...

Heheheh, yeah xD To think it was actually one of the better shows in TV here (you can assert the quality of the shows now )

Electricity Magic
Wouldn't Lightning Magic be more appropriate? Or at least Electric Magic? o.O Anyway, it includes electricity manipulation so it is very useful by itself

I think I won't take another power this time...Trying not to make it worse.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Shamanism

I can contact the spirit world. If I want a spirit to do something I have to bargain something of equal exchange and I have to find the right one.

Urban Physiology

Had that a few weeks ago, but I'll keep it anyway.

Defunct Physiology

I lack physical weakness. I don't require sleep, food, I can't get ill, I don't feel pain, and other things living creatures need.

I'm a defunt urban street that can perform shamanism. Physiology powers are my favorite kind, so seeing as two out of the three are physiology I'm quite ok with this.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Defense Calling
I can bestow enhanced durability to myself or others...bestowing it to myself probably takes time and is temporary. Not quite good enough -_-

Digestive Shapeshifting
*burp* sorry, I had chicken for lunch...* morphs into chicken* ok that's underwhelming...and I don't even have the chicken's abilities, like...I dunno running -_-

Internal Energy Combustion

I can pressurize the energy inside a person or an object to the point of causing it to explode.

I am a cannibalistic shapeshifting selective defender that can cause spontaneous combustions... No words -_-

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Life and Death Removal

I can remove life and death from a person, causing them to disappear and no longer exist. Sweet!

Miracle Embodiment

I'm the embodiment of miracles, so I have absolute control over all miracles. Awesome!

Problem Detection

I can detect problems. Simple as that.

I'm the embodiment of miracles, I can remove life and death, and I can detect problems. Not too bad.

Showing 391-405 of 685