ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 225642
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Sergekinetic Constructs

I can make things from acid. Not bad, thing is I can't create acid, meaning I have to find some.

Travelling Empowerment

I basically get stronger from walking. In real life it's usually the opposite. I love it anyway.

Archangel Physiology

Yesterday I had gotten Angelic Force Manipulation. This time I'm an archangel meaning I get the power of the archangels like Gabriel, Azrael, and even the fallen angels like Lucifer. This is so much better than that one. I mean, look at all the powers!

I'm an archangel able to create objects from acid and I get stronger from walking.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

This time I did multiple rolls and kept the best ones

Divine Aura

The power to be surrounded in almighty divine energy, which gives me a divine armor, light Aura, flight, Deflection and 'Sacred Energy Generation'.
Electrical Telekinesis
I can manipulate matter, using electricity. Like electromagnetism but with everything and with a far greater level of manipulation than just pulling/pushing an object

Acid Attacks
Yup. It's that huge compilation involving all types of attacks (Balls, Blasts, pillars, vortexes, Waves, barrages, beams, bullets, breath, bolts, everything that starts with a 'b', etc. ) All types. Including Omni- directional attacks. I too however require an outside source of Acid. Or at least "may" require I may also be vulnerable to my own power. Overall, pretty good though.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

This time I did multiple rolls and kept the best ones

Boo!

Precognitive Dreaming - already had
Electrokinetic Wing Manifestation
I can form electricity into a pair of wings. Apart from looking super cool, it enables me to fly, as well as use the wings for offensive and defensive purpose. Sweet.

Molecular Reconstruction
"The power to reconstruct anything on the molecular level." Potentially even myself. I feel like I'm going with a very pseudo-sciency theme in this post ^^ One of the known user is Doctor Manhattan, just FYI. Yes, the over-powered blue guy.

Resurrection Empowerment
Not only do I resurrect, but I grow stronger every time. Now I know for certain that I can reconstruct myself

Got myself a pretty strong suit here. I have awesome electric wings that enable flight, and the ability to reconstruct (though not deconstruct) any matter, including myself, gaining new insights every time I die to build myself stronger each time. While I'm not a strong offensive character (at least not at first), I am near-invulnerable, and even the things around me are untouchable as I could just rebuild everything. I actually think I'm a near-perfect support character! ^^
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Enhanced Cloning

I can create clones with superior powers. Which might be good for getting out of a tight spot but, seriously, if tehy are more powerful than me they can rebel against me very easily...

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Wish Granting Empowerment

I get stronger from granting the wished of others. Unfortunately their wishes could also be used to make me weaker if that's the wisher's intent. Dang, I don't really like this power too much.

Aquatic Life Manipulation

Aquaman. Need I say more?

Omni-Weather Manipulation

I control any kind of weather. If it's part of weather, I can control it. This goes well with the second power if I can manage to flood an area.

I'm some kind of genie-Aquaman with weather powers. Not as good as my previous two sets in my opinion, but it's still pretty good.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Harpy Physiology
Harpies are half woman, half bird mythical creatures from Greek mythology. I'm either a 'classical' harpy, a beautiful creature and personification of wind ans storm, or a 'monstrous' harpy, an foul, ugly creature that has more to do with diseases. Well, I'd rather be a "dog of Zeus" than an ugly one. In either case, I'm capable of flight and vicious attacks with my bird talons.

Atmospheric Pounding - already had
Essence Removal
I can remove the essence of myself or others. What that means is that I can completely erase everything that makes you who you are, leaving you as an empty husk, a brainless zombie - comparable, I imagine, to a Hollow from the Dark Souls series. This is arguably much stronger than any combat-related attack, as instead of beating or killing someone, I can simply erase their essence. Has potentially the advantage of being able to control the empty husk afterwards, as it has no will left.

Status Manipulation
Incredibly powerful ability that allows me to manipulate the status or state of being of anything or anyone. This is a sub-power of absolute change, which is in turn a form of omnipotence. I could make myself immortal, and make an immortal mortal. As long as it is a status, and the user has no status lock, I can change it. Arguably, that means I can manipulate anyone's powers.
-----

I am a mythical human-bird hybrid with the ability to manipulate any state of being in the universe, and to erase anyone's essence. These powers could be considered those of a powerful deity. The harpy part is pretty much irrelevant, as I could just change my species status anytime I want to.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Flash Retrocognition

The ability to see things seconds or minutes after they happen...incredibly useful if we are dealing with, you know, the whole Universe or at least the whole galaxy. Even in the solar system scale it can prove useful if say, Venus is struck by a solar storm heading our way. But other than that, I don't see much use for that.

Plains Manipulation

Some form of limited system manipulation. It involves various animal morphings and the abilities to generate multiple natural disasters (I suppose that's my way of manipulating "the plains" ) like tornadoes or earthquakes. Also, weather manipulation, nigh omniscience when it comes to the plains (like the geological aspects or what kind of life thrives in them) as well as shifting into stone, manipulating plants and summoning organic and elemental constructs. It doesn't make it into the uber scale but it is definitely very powerful when it comes to a generally limited battlefield. If you get in the way while I am shifting them, well, collateral

Sonic Combustion
The ability to expand sound waves onto something until it explodes. Combustion means being ignited but I suppose that wouldn't make much sense for whoever tried to give this power a title In general, it is a specific type of sound attack, but useful nonetheless

I am a flash retro-cognitive, Plain Manipulating, Sound wave generating...thing. But it's not that bad of a set

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Bacteria Kingdom Embodiment

I'm the embodiment of the bacteria kingdom. The only powers it lists are all bacteria-based powers and nigh omnipresence. So think of whatever a bacteria can do, I can also do it. That's pretty cool. Wish it gave more specific applications, but it's a cool power.

Reality Artistry

I can make things through art, and not just the type of art with painting and drawing. I can make things through literature, music, digital, even stuff like alchemy. Obviously this is a great power.

Non-Lethal Damage

I can injure others, no matter how bad the injury and not kill them. Even if the victim is decapitated. It has its uses like torture, however this power could be on all the time. Meaning using my other two powers, I'd have to rely on calling bacteria and creating minions from art.

I'm the embodiment of the entire bacteria kingdom, I can create things through art, and I can't kill things myself. This set would be utterly fantastic if it wasn't for that last power.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Colour Attacks

The wiki suggests this is both an offensive and defensive capability. But yeah, I somehow manifest colour in such a way that it can do damage. My attacks can be in pretty much any form - bullets, rings, balls, etc. But I think what's most interesting is, for this to work, I would somehow have to make it such that light has a rest mass, right?

Kejourou Physiology

A Kejourou, I've just learned, is some sort of evil, hairy Japanese prostitute. So I can look like one of these things and, I assume, do the things they do. Apparently, they trick young men by appearing to be a prostitute, only to cut them up into tiny bits when they get close. If I'm reading this right, it's their hair that's actually sharp. Talk about a hair cut!!

Cartoon Materialisation

Yep, I can make cartoons come to life. These can be cartoons I've made up or already-existing ones.

So I'm basically just a walking entertainment package. I can make a super cool colour laser show, then we can watch some cartoons, and afterwards I'll turn into a Japanese prostitute and kill you. It's the latest version of 'Netflix and chill'!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Meta-Existence Manipulation

If I recall correctly this is one of HahiHa's favorite powers or very similar to the one he kept getting (they both definitely have the word 'meta' in them ). The power to control multiversal existence. It has massive applications (Primordial Force Manipulation, Absolute Force Manipulation, Meta Space Time Manipulation, etc. You get how it works, it can easily translate to a form of multiversal dominion. Only problems are users with Omnilock, Unity, Absolute Existence, Nonexistence and Omnipotence are immune, as well as the fact that it may be limited to certain universes, people, places and things.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Hmm, the only powers I got that began with 'meta' were meta-fate and meta-power manipulation. The ones I got recently were more like multiversal lordship and omnipotence But true, anything with meta in it sounds good ^^

Chupacabra Physiology
KatPryde also got that a few days ago, I think. Well, I'm an ugly goat-blood sucking cryptid. Yaaaaay.

Heat Transferal
I can transfer heat from one source to another. Basically a firebender? Does not include fire resistance, so I might not be able to transfer huge amounts of thermal energy. Pity, the sun would be a good source ^^

Mystic Vampire Physiology
This is the second blood sucking physiology I get in three -.- At least I'm no simple vampire, but one with strong magical abilities that may allow me to overcome the weaknesses that come with being a vampire.

---

I am an ugly immortal vampiric animal hybrid with mystical/magical powers, including heat transferal. Eh, it could be far worse.
Edit: Thinking about it, thanks to being a mystical vampire I might actually be able to use spells to increase my heat resistance, drastically increasing the effect of the second power. On the other hand, vampires are frequently portrayed as being weak to fire, probably because of their intolerance of sunlight. Which I could counter with spells, but that means I might not be able to strengthen my heat resistance too much. Hmm...

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Electrical Levitation

Pretty self explanatory. Kinda useful. Overall, not bad but not anything particularly good.

Life Creation

There are many different forms of life one can create from Eldritch Abominations to techno-organic beings. This is just so vague that it's basically an amalgam of other sub powers. But not bad I can basically create my own army (if I can control them at least)

Sirenia Physiology

Enhanced Endurance, Durability, Pressure Resistance and Speed Swimming but it looks like a...cow?

Anyway, the second power is alright. The first is useful the third is meh

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Undead Planet Physiology

Basically imagine a zombie, but as a planet, with powers being a planet would possess. That's what this is, and it's super awesome. The only bad thing is that I might have an appetite for eating living planets.

Control Negation

I can negate mind control on myself as well as others. I guess that's useful.

Hydro-Telekinesis

I can move water with my mind. Basically a water bender.

I'm a water bending undead planet that can't be mind controlled. The first one is awesome, second is useful but there's better stuff out there, and the third one is cool but I don't know what it's use is if I'm an undead planet. Even if I were near a planet with water, I'd probably eat it.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Mountain Manipulation
The power to manipulate mountains and everything on/in it. This is terrific! I think this might be one of my favourite powers. Apart from the mountain monster picture in the article that looks great, it comes with a long list of applications, though all strictly limited to mountains; including: fire/cold immunity, disaster manipulation, animal manipulation and mimicry (only those animals residing on the mountain), manipulations of all elements related to the mountain, like earth (including crystal, metal and mineral), fire, water, cold, lava... I can manipulate any existing physical, mythological or conceptual mountains (think for example Mt. Doom in LotR ), and create various elements like water that can be found on or in the mountain. If I'm strong enough I might even be able to create mountains entirely, inanimate ones or constructs like in the picture. It also says Nigh Omniscience in regard to mountains.
What a boon that I live so close to the Alps, right?

Season Magic
Well, well, well. This has a lot of common applications with mountain manipulation, including temperature, weather and disaster manipulation, except that now I can use those forms of magic outside of mountains, too! Great addition!

Slithering
I can, uh, "slither/crawl/wriggle/squirm around on the ground at a high speed." No thank you, I still have some dignity. I'm fine with walking, even if it means I could slither up walls...

---

I have powers rivaling those of an earth deity, with the ability to manipulate or even create anything relating to mountains and seasons. This is an awesome set, if you disregard the third one.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Heat Empowerment

The power to gain strength from heat. User becomes stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they come into contact with heat, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing their existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from the heat or even slow or stop aging.

Very useful where I live.

Shrinking Replication

The power to replicate smaller versions of oneself. The user can replicate themselves in smaller size than the original. If the clones can clone themselves as well, the clones will get smaller and smaller, potentially reaching a molecular, atomic, or even subatomic scale.

The world is screwed. No bank is safe, no mouse hole safe from pillage.

Light Manipulation

The power to manipulate light.

Every Star Wars geek in the world is gonna be super envious.

-----------------------
Basically I can create many mini Jedi (Or Sith) who can thrive in the equatorial belt. The world will tremble beneath the (tiny) boots of my army.

Showing 511-525 of 685