ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226047
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Plant Ball Projection
I can project balls of plant matter or energy(?).

Nature Ball Projection
Is this for real? :P Yeah, same thing except this time it's more generally "nature energy", whatever that is.

Failure Embodiment
I am the embodiment of failure -.- So either I fail at everything, or I don't and this power won't work. Hey, at least it means I can also fail at death?...

I am a living failure that can throw balls of natural energies and plant matter. Geez

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Magnetic Magic

Last time I had technological magic, this time I have magnetic magic. Self-explanatory; magnetism from magic. This is a very recent power too, as the only user is Link from Breath of the Wild.

Physical Force Manipulation

I control physical forces. Stuff like mass, gravity, kinetic energy, weight, pressure, g-forces, inertia, etc.; is all controlled by me. This is a very useful, as all my applications are manipulations except for the one negation power. This power also has only one user and that's SCP-536.

Sin Magic

Another magical power. This time I can control the seven deadly sins. Apparently not only can I induce any one of the sins, I can also use them to physically attack people? Interesting... A neat power though.

I manipulate physical forces, and I use magic to control both sins and objects affected by magnetism. Wow, not a bad set.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Corvid Physiology
'Tis good. I like corvids.

Curse Empowerment
I am cursed, but mastered said affliction and draw power from it.

Superpowered Physiology
I am physically superpowered. As far as I understand this, it means that aside from any abilities I might have, I'm super ripped and damage resistant like any self-respecting comic superhero. Neat.

Today we got a far better set than yesterday. I'm a superhero (or super-villain) corvid that draws his power from a curse.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Intelligence Infinitum

My intellect will forever grow, and I won't have any mental barriers. This is cool! So I'm really smart! I mean sure, I could possibly lose my sanity, but it's still great!

Pure Moon Manipulation

I'm Sailor Moon. Got it!

Archdemon Physiology - Curses, I already had this one. Man I love this power though...

Elemental Plane Lordship

You see, powers that have some elemental power such as this would have a list of variations such as fire plane lordship, water plane lordship, stuff like that and usually I'll cheat and say I have all of the variations. However there's only one variation listed oddly, and that's Heaven Lordship. That alone makes me like this power. Although the applications listed in the actual Elemental Plane Lordship pretty much compare to a few of Heaven Lordship's powers. So there's nothing really to add other than cool.

I'm the one named Sailor Moon with infinite intelligence and ruler of heaven.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Destiny Weaving
Perceiving and controlling fate is the kind of power even the gods of Greek and Scandinavian mythologies feared, so that's fantastic. Not really useful during a combat, as I can't just sit down and begin to weave threads, but outside of that, it's immensely powerful. So I'd be more passively manipulating things in the background.

Entrapment Field Projection
I can generate a field that can effectively trap something inside of it, or keep everything else from getting in. Pretty handy.

Steampunk Physiology
Sweet! More of an esthetic one, to be honest, as it is so unspecific, but hey, at least I got style.

I'm a steampunk fate-weaver deciding your destiny under the cover of my very own impenetrable force field. Destiny Weaving and Entrapment Field Projection actually go really well together, and the steampunk one is just adding some looks to the ensemble. One of the better set in all my collection.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Undead-Dragon Physiology

One time I got undead-planet. This time I'm an undead dragon. So this is awesome! Dragons are cool, undead things are usually cool, undead dragons are definitely cool. The only application aside from dragon physiology and undead physiology, is spiritual flame breath. Nice!

Uncertainty Manipulation

I control what is unknown to me. For instance, if I were walking down a street and I had no idea where it led, I could essentially make it lead to another location. Closed doors that I've never been through can essentially lead to other worlds. This is a nice power! Although it wouldn't be too good at a fight unless I closed my eyes the whole time. I like it though.

Electricity Portal Creation

I can make a portal through electricity. I would say this works well with my second power, but I don't think portal creation is really uncertain as long as I know where I'm going. An ok power though.

I'm an undead dragon with the ability to control uncertainty and create portals out of electricity. This is a nice set.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Ground Ripping

The Power to rip apart the ground, or an area.

Psychic Communiccation - Got that one very recently

Augmentation Field Projection
The power to project a field that augments, upgrade and empower everything/anything. Useful support power

Wheel Manipulation
This offers a lot of unlikely offensive capabilities actually. Not as useless as it may sound

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Blood Flow Vision
The ability to see the flow of blood in any living being. Can apparently also work through solid objects and clothes, which turns this into a kind of 'detect life' effect

Nemean Lion Physiology
I am a Nemean Lion, which is a sort of near-invulnerable, supernaturally strong lion from Greek mythology.

Goes really well together with the first power, enabling me to target the carotid of my victims with surgical precision!

---
Imagination Manipulation
I can manipulate my and other's imagination... supposedly this power is limited by my own creativity, but since I can manipulate it, does it mean it's basically limitless? Loophole!
---

I'm a Nemean Lion capable of seeing the blood flowing in living beings. A mythological killing machine, basically.
The third power is badly conceived and not consistent with the first two, I feel better just ignoring that one.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Guardian Inheritance

This is kind of like an Avatar thing. I can inherit the abilities of guardians before me. However, this could also include their weaknesses. Man, I hope the previous guardians have some pretty good powers.

Cosmic Constructs

I can create things out of cosmic energy. Great, but I need to obtain cosmic energy and I'm pretty sure that's only in space. Hopefully, my next power will provide me some space transportation...

Alternate Energy Materialization

I can summon objects from other universes. An example of this is Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite, and if I remember correctly, she once summoned a tornado? So that's cool.

So I gain abilities from previous guardians, create things out of cosmic energy, and I can summon objects from other dimensions. Pretty cool set.

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

Emotion Detection

This ability allows the user to sense the emotions of any creature in the vicinity around them. this would also allow the user to know when someone is near them by the fact that they can sense their emotions.

Bandersnatch Physiology

This is an awfully niche ability, Making the user either transform into a Bandersnatch, a fictional creature originally from "Through the Looking Glass" and "The Hunting of the Shark," or to be one of them.

Dermal Armor

A very simple ability: the user has innate physical armor.

Anyone ever heard of a "Bandersnatch" before now? I sure haven't.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Scientific Projection

I can project science into other's minds, causing mental breakdown or confusion. However, it doesn't really work too well on those knowledgeable with science. So hopefully I'm not against a scientist.

Electronic-Media Jumping

I can jump into things like tv shows, movies, video games, and e-books(Book Jumping is listed as an application). That's pretty cool.

Blood Imprisonment

I can use blood to trap people. Only from existing sources however... and considering my other two powers can't really do any physical harm, I might need to cut myself quite a lot for this power to be effective.

I can confuse others with science, jump into electronic media, and imprison others by blood. Eh, not really much I can use in battle.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Alternate Energy Conduction
I- what. I can conduct one form of energy across any different type of energy. What.

Light Absorption
"The power to absorb light and utilize them in some way." In some way. Great.

Elemental Swimming
I can swim through elements other than just water. Soooo, like, swimming through earth. In some way.

I give up. Three powers that are somewhat related to energy, are extremely vague / ill defined / nonsensical, and in which I can see no utility. Big flop today.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So, I had a set for today(a really bad one where I was a caterpillar) and for some reason I lost my connection to the wifi as soon as I tried to post. Not making this up. Anywho... I'm just going to start over cause I don't want to hunt for all three powers.

Absolute Counter

Wow, this is a great start. So I can use a counter attack that not only totally protects me, it can also return to the attacker and is completely unblockable to whoever's move I countered. This power gives me Absolute Attack and Absolute Defense as well. However, I can only really use this as defense if I'm attacked. I can't really use it as an attack. Also, timing is also an issue. So hopefully my reflexes won't fail me.

Radiation Absorption

I can absorb radiation and use it in some way. I mean hey, at least I'll be safe when North Korea comes nuking.

Shadow Web Creation

I can make webs that are made of darkness. I can use this to trap or make an escape. So that's kinda cool.

I have an unavoidable counter, I can absorb radiation, and I can create webs out of shadows. A nice set today.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

The Absolute Counter power is super cool--I haven't seen that one before! Let's see what I get here.

Life Force Attacks
The user can release/use life-force to attacks of various shapes and/or intensities, either projected, used as a part of melee attacks, etc.
I didn't understand this power until I looked at the known users part and it includes basically everyone from Dragon Ball (Ki users). So a versatile attack, but one that drains my energy.

Power Legs
The user's legs and lower body are either abnormally strong, physically unique, or have been weaponized in some way (claws, blades, projectile weaponry, protective armor etc.) to increase combat performance with those particular limbs.
I've actually always wanted this power, especially the ability to run super fast. Though if I'm going to be a fighter, I might as well go with weaponized legs for when my life force gets low.

Disgusting Aura
User can project an aura of grossness and disgust, the targets feeling grossed out or disgusted just by being around the aura.
...okay then. I can be super duper gross. That's... something.

I'm disgusting with strong legs and can project my life force. I suppose it's good for annoying people and not letting them get away from my grossness. Not my best set.

terroriztical
terroriztical
3 posts
Nomad

ElectroKinetic Wing Manifestation

Size Enhancement

Madness Form

SO I can be a giant madness form that can produce wings to fly up high and crush down on people with all my mass. Not bad at all.

Showing 616-630 of 685