ForumsThe TavernWhat's Your Random Superpower?

685 226070
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You know what's cool? Superpowers. What person wouldn't want superpowers? There's so many out there to choose from. There's flying, super strength, shooting lasers, etc. The list goes on forever.

However sometimes the people in fictional stories don't always get to choose their powers. I'm pretty sure Peter Parker didn't choose to get bitten by a radioactive spider.

So I've found this Superpower wiki to add some realism into the thread. This wiki contains thousands of powers. Some insanely powerful and those that are extremely useless.

What I want you to do is click the 'random page' link and then that's the power or powers you get. You can do this as many times as you want to get a combination of powers or just a single power.

For me, I'll keep it simple for now and do three.

Airwave Manipulation
Suicide Inducement
Warping Presence

Wow, that second one is going to be fun.

• 685 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Roboticization
Corruption Inducement
Aerokinetic Invisibility

Works very well together. I can corrupt and manipulate people, I can turn them into mindless robot minions; the best is, I can do it easily without being seen as I can be invisible as long as I'm in contact with air (wut...). I am the perfect agent to infiltrate and overturn a system

realmton
realmton
241 posts
Jester

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Healing
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Electromagnetic_Noise_Manipulation
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Umbrakinetic_Wing_Manifestation

Ok so Healing is basic, that electromagnetic thing is a little weird with the sound manipulation and the thing that I can survive in noise made areas without being affected (I don't really understand how this power will help me)
and the wing thing is just awesome because I can use them to transport from offensive to defensive such as a shield or for cutting the enemy in pieces.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I can basically attack anyone in the universe and can also make it so someone will be unable to know anything about a certian object. Finally, I can control Dark Matter. I might as well stop now, seeing as this set of power is pretty much unbeatable. :P

There is no set of powers that is unbeatable even though everyone brags about theirs here. In your case, a simple Omni-Negation can turn things around (as can in most cases, but it is still not unbeatable itself).

Next roll (I tried one power this time):

Unrecognizability

I guess it is somewhat similar to what the Silence had in Doctor Who (many differences but it is the closest I can think of). It has its uses I suppose...especially when running from something.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Lifeless Body Creation

I'm basically immortal and can build a superhuman body for myself, although without the ability to control other people's souls or create life this is basically useless until I die.

Spatial Tuning

I can create a limited field where I'm able to warp reality and spacetime.

Pyrokinetic Combat

I'm a firebender.

I turned out pretty powerful this time.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Psionic Combat

This confuses me. So does this mean I can attack people with mental attacks? Or are my physical attacks enhanced with mental attacks? I wish they gave more detail in the article.

Wound Transferal

I think someone else had this awhile back. So if I get shot, I can transfer the wound to someone else. Nice.

Interrogation Intuition

Now I can find out who took the last cupcake. I like the bad cop version more though.

This was kinda meh.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

This confuses me. So does this mean I can attack people with mental attacks? Or are my physical attacks enhanced with mental attacks? I wish they gave more detail in the article.

From the looks of it, any power that ends with "Combat" adds that element to physical attacks. For example, my Pyrokinetic Combat adds fire manipulation to regular physical attacks for an added boost like a firebender from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Psionic and Telepathic combat both list Psylocke as an example, her psychic abilities are usually shown as an energy blast projected from her hands and feet while she fights.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Spatial Tuning

I can create a limited field where I'm able to warp reality and spacetime.

This is an interesting power. But the best part are the multiple applications it can have.

I got Earth Exoskeleton again, so I am going to ignore it and hit the random page button again.

Heh. Impact Manipulation

At least I can cause the impact as well, not just manipulate it...otherwise it would have been pretty useless

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Power Source

I have a battery for my powers.

Hydrokinetic Invisibility

I become invisible in water. This would be great if I could breath underwater, or at least had sirenia physiology for the expanded lung capacity. Too bad neither of those powers comes with it.

Time Attacks

I can somehow turn time itself into bombs, energy blasts, weapons, and pain-inducing electrical discharges. But I can't actually manipulate time for the sake of altering the age of my target? That's really stupid.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Gastropoda Physiology - So, like an army, I can travel on my stomach.
Haemopotent Regeneration - Which gives me the tenacity of that annoying red stain on an otherwise immaculate white carpet.
Molecular Time Travel - Perfect for those occasions when you're in a hurry and have no time to roll yourself over a sheet of mucous.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Rage Form
Seems @Hahiha and I are somehow related.

Mind Words
Not really any different from telepathy, but still pretty cool.

Poisonous Aura
Awesome, basically my own shield.

So I'm Hulk with telepathy and poisonous aura. That's definitely cool.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Missile Generation

Demonic Arm

There was a third, and I don't want it. It's really stupid and really useless and completely disgusting.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Let's see what powers I have been blessed with...

Arachnid Manipulation
Ooh, this is a good one! Spiders don't scare me... but there are a LOT of people who would curl up into the fetal position if they saw thousands of spiders rapidly crawling towards them! Fighting off evil is easy if all I have to do is stand there and summon spiders... then I still have the energy to go for a run afterwards with my spider friends!

Sensory Tracking
I could make a great living working for the FBI tracking down missing people if I was a human compass... Dog the Bounty Hunter would be out of a job, but my success rate would be through the roof!

Charity Embodiment
I'd use this one much more than the others because of its everyday applications... healing people is its own reward, but turning it into energy that I could use to ward off evil, now that's a superpower!

I'm a human compass with the ability to heal people and summon spiders... sweet!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

There was a third, and I don't want it. It's really stupid and really useless and completely disgusting.

Now I'm curious.

Cloud Mimicry

I can become a cloud... meh.

Artistic Creation

That would be awesome!... However I can't draw very well, so this is literally a moment where I can't draw a straight line to save my life.

Stellar Attacks

Apparently my attacks can be related to stars. And looking at the applications, this is a pretty useful power.

I'm a cloud with the ability to create anything through drawing and I can use star powers.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

That would be awesome!... However I can't draw very well, so this is literally a moment where I can't draw a straight line to save my life.

It could still work R2.

Now I'm curious

Elastic jaw, its users can open their mouths inhumanly wide to swallow enemies.

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

I was dissatisfied, to say the least, with my first super power, multiple faces. So, I tried again, and got plant breath, then omnipotence. Needless to say, I was much happier with this batch. Plant breath is a dream come true.

Showing 61-75 of 685